Rodeo Cake

Today was my grandson’s bday party and my daughter asked me to make him a cake that he could smash. I made marshmallow fondant for frosting and it was a pain. I almost gave up but it came out ok in the end I think.

And because he’s adorable and I can’t stop myself:

And here he is enjoying his cake:

The aftermath:

9 Likes

How cute! I love the cow spots on both cake and child!

2 Likes

Thank you!

ADORABLE! And a super cute cake, too! It turned out great and that theme is hilarious to boot!

1 Like

Thanks!

I see what you did there …”to boot” :cowboy_hat_face:

1 Like

Hahahaha…fantastic! You can only say it’s his 1st rodeo once! :laughing: He made quite a dent for a 1-yr old!

1 Like

This is cute and I’m glad you stuck it out and got the marshmallow fondant done. It looks like he enjoyed it.

1 Like

Thanks everyone!

What’s really funny is that at first he didn’t know what to do with it! So his dad grabbed his hand and pushed it into the cake. This was his reaction:

Then his mom put a small piece in his mouth. It was happy trails for this lil cowboy after that!

3 Likes

Cute cake and adorable cowboy kiddo! Looks like some fun memories for sure!

1 Like

Thank you!

I just can’t resist asking this since I know you’re originally from Canada … do you pronounce it

Rode - e - o
or
Ro - day - o

??

1 Like

Awww! So cute.

1 Like

Thanks guys!

@Cindy rode-e-o.

1 Like

I love it! I love the kind of play on words, if you will, too! Jaxon is a cutie!

1 Like

Thanks! I was pretty pleased with both the cake and the boy! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

He is adorable in his little cowpoke outfit! I love that the cake matched so nicely. I don’t work with fondant, but I know how tricky it can be. You did a nice job getting it to cooperate!

1 Like

Thanks! It sure gave me a run for my money!

1 Like