Rose Covered Birdhouse

I have always loved decorating those little wooden birdhouses. Over the years, I have made plenty for my own garden, swaps, gifts, etc. They are a relatively fast and easy project that can be done in so many ways!

In the Use it or Lose it thread, @madebyBeaG offered a bunch of tiny little resin/plastic roses. She sent me such a generous amount! I normally use them in shrines, but I got this idea to use them to make myself a little birdhouse (decorative only!).

First, I painted the entire thing with a pale orange. I made the the walls and base a bit darker. Then, I went to town gluing the roses all over the roof and some on the sides. A little paint embellishment and a new ribbon (it came with a white cord), and it was done!

Thanks for looking! And, thanks @madebyBeaG for giving me the supplies to make it happen!

20 Likes

Aw, that is so cute!
You put them to good use.

So sweet!

Adorable! My kids have painted many a tiny birdhouse. I will have to show them your version. So creative!

1 Like

This is adorable! Perfect use for those roses.

1 Like

This is so cute! I love it so much! Beautifully done.

2 Likes

So pretty and sweet! I have had a birdhouse project swimming around a little in my brain and this adds some inspiration should I decide to pursue it!

I did a tiki hut one for @kittykill years ago and have always meant to make one for myself, so that is my next one!

1 Like

Ooooo! Canโ€™t wait to see whatโ€™s coming next!

This is the sweetest! The tiki hut lives in our tiki bar. I get to look at it every day and smile.

1 Like

So charming! I love the roses on it.

Such a happy little birdhouse! My son has a birdhouse project to put together and I do have a lot of UV Resin molds including flowersโ€ฆ

2 Likes

This is so adorable! It looks like a cake at first glance itโ€™s so pretty. Very cute idea!:smiley:

1 Like

Thatโ€™s ridiculously cute! Love those sweet little white daisies peeking out amongst the roses.

Omg, this forum is amazing, I found a lot of creative ideas!

3 Likes

Welcome! Yes, it is quite an inspiring place! Plus, so friendly and fun!

1 Like