Round 4 Swap Ideas

Thank you!!! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: I’m definitely interested!

2 Likes

I can/will host a Fabric Art Journal Page swap. I hosted this on the old site. You create a fabric page (like a paper art journal page but with sewing and fabric, or similar to a mug rug) in the size and theme requested by your partner. It is up to receiver to decide how to bind the pages together.

I have several pages with a sewing/crafting theme - I’ll try to find box in which they are stored to post pics.

There would be a one month crafting time - I am hosting the handmade book swap now but it ends in mid-September so I would be willing to host this after that one ends.

8 Likes

these all sound like good ideas

1 Like

I’m interested in a chunky house halloween swap! If not a lot of people are interested in it, I would do a personal swap!

I’m glad that the OWS is coming back.
Oh! I enjoyed the winter book swap! It was great!
The profanity swap would be fun… but my son can read now so… may not be the best for me right now.

8 Likes

I’d love to participate in STS, I’ve got an ever growing collection of handwoven dish towels!

6 Likes

I would “buy” one in a heartbeat!

2 Likes

@Nicole This made me laugh so hard! Yes, please.
@kittykill, where you volunteering to host the Winter Book Swap? Book swaps are among my favorite. If you don’t want to host it, I can.

3 Likes

I’d love a Harry Potter themed swap :lion: :snake: :eagle: :badger:

1 month crafting time
2 mediums or 1 medium and 2 smalls

I am happy to host :ok_hand:t2:

Would also love the OWS to continue :wink:

8 Likes

Me too! I would love a towel from @photojenn

2 Likes

How about a holiday decor swap.
1 med + 2 small.
1 month crafting time.
Make things that are purely decoration for your partner in their winter holiday theme. There are so many little items I set out or hang up each season. The ideas are endless, ornaments, tea towels, door hangers, knick knacks, magnets, artwork, shelf sitters, garland, coasters, pillow covers, the list could go on and on.

8 Likes

SO many great ideas!

Oh man, I was just going to say the same thing!

2 Likes

Book swap! I loved doing these! Christmas decor swap sounds good too.

2 Likes

Ok… @gozer talked me into it! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

I’d be willing to host a miniature swap! How about a mini room box swap, where it’s like a chunky ATC? Or an Altoid tin swap? Or maybe we just make a certain number of mini items for each other- books, food, etc? I’d love some feedback on that.

I’m also thinking about a month for crafting on this one.

6 Likes

I can add to the support for STS - stash crafting during corona has led me to make a lot of random stuff, knowing that one day STS would be back and I could share it!

7 Likes

I had been planning to offer to run a Harry Potter Swap this round. (I was waiting for the first few rounds of swaps to go by, so that more broad-range ideas could be enjoyed by the whole site.) My thought was to do a round of either:

HP Holiday Swap, which is mainly holiday ornaments, though we have had folks join who asked for non-ornament pieces. Usually 4 weeks crafting time. Size is what I call Smmedium. Somewhere between a small and medium.

OR

Becuase we’re all stuck at home, a round of I Want to Live in the Burrow. We did 2 rounds of this on Deadster. The idea is that you craft a housewares item for your partner. This can be overt or subtle. I remember patty_o_furniture did an awesome set of House cereal bowls for her partner, in house colors, with names in the lightning bolt font. And I did a scrappy afghan, reminiscent of something Molly Weasley might make for a family member. Crafting time 4 weeks.

P.S. I had been considering a round of Hookers Only too, but wasn’t sure if I should do it this round or wait till round 5. That would be a swap for crochet folks.

8 Likes

I’m pretty sure I can host it. :blush:

4 Likes

Yay! You did an amazing job last time. :heart_eyes:

I would be willing to host a pin cushion/needle minder swap. I was trying to keep the size down to save on postage. 1 month crafting time and no extras, just a pin cushion or needle case

10 Likes

I like this one! I’ve never done a pincushion swap but I know there have been some epic ones.

5 Likes