Round 4 Swap Ideas

I would love that one.

1 Like

Oooh! How about a ninni swap?! Either Halloween or Christmas or winter holiday themed, depending on the timing.
I would host. 1 ninni + 1 small (can be an accessory).
3 week crafting time.

Which would people prefer, Halloween or Winter Holiday? Update: It will be both. You can specify which Fall/Winter holiday on the questionnaire.

6 Likes

How about both, & you can list preferences on your questionnaire?

1 Like

Sounds like a plan. We could get more people that way too. :grinning:

irid3sc3nt, if this swap doesn’t get off the ground, message me! Would love to swap a Halloween house with you again. :ghost: :skull: :heart:

4 Likes

Throwing two ideas out there:

Altered Matchbox Swap (based on partner’s themes, decorate the matchbox and fill it up with tiny doo-dads. We did a million of these on C-ster.)

Vintage Christmas Swap – same parameters as the Vintage Halloween Swap, but um… Christmas. :smiley:

I am happy to host either/both should they get off the ground.

5 Likes

I would love to organize another round of the 4x6 art! This time like the original on the old site where you create before the crafting period ends, in whatever style you’d like, and get an address at the end of the sign up period. You’d have 4 days to get your art into the mail.

It’s nice because you get it done before sign ups end and can ship right away. Also, you’ll know if you can squeeze in the art/craft time. :slight_smile:

14 Likes

That would be awesome!

1 Like

Was the mailing on those swaps DC-required (because of the potential variety of mediums), or papercraft rules?

1 Like

No DC required per paper craft rules!

4 Likes

Oooh. So many great ideas. I’d want to do the 4x6 swap too. Ideas are already swirling.

2 Likes

I would LOVE another round of the STS. It has always been one of my favorites. I’m going to start thinking of some items to make to offer. I actually started collecting some supply items to offer up last year when I saw some cool stuff or found a good deal, so I have a little stash going. Maybe since we’re on a fresh new site, the requirement to join could be that of the 5 handcrafted items to join that 3 of those should be new to the round?

5 Likes

Anything HP for me really, Jennie! Will have to think about postage but should be possible.

Missed out on the Hookers Only, so will definitely look out for the new one!

1 Like

Yes! New items for a fresh start :slight_smile:
And probably a limit on noncrafted items since we wanna keep it mostly handcrafted :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I could host the 10 minute swap. The idea is a swap that will only take a little bit of time for the busy swapper. You craft whatever you want for your partner, and it’s supposed to take one hour total (not including drying times). It can be one item or many, depending on your craft.

No extras, but in earlier swaps some pairs decided to make 2-3 one hour crafts. There might have been some cheating or lightning quick crafting in some cases too :wink:

Edit: Around 2,5-3 weeks crafting time for a low pressure swap.

5 Likes

Ok, people-- if we’re back up to ongoing swaps and STS, I think I can put this one out here: I’ve got permission from @calluna to run a round of her secret santa swap.

I do not think it would be good to have that going at the same time as the OWS, so I think if they both get selected, I would probably not run the Secret Santa until… November? So it would most likely cover the “break” between rounds 4 and 5 of swaps.

Swap details: everybody posts a wishlist of medium to small items. Participants message the organizer to claim items off other wishlists, and the organizer will assign them a code name for each claim & pass on the address of the person they’re sending to. Then they have two weeks to craft and send the claim. After everyone has been claimed once, the list opens up so you can make as many claims as you want (maximum of 3 claims unsent at any time)… so some people may only get one package & some may get lots, but people have historically been pretty good about evening this out fairly well.

Signups for ~2-3 weeks, starting a week before claiming begins; claiming runs for about a month.

8 Likes

I agree that the overlapping mail out deadlines for some of the swaps in this round was a little tough; would be nice to have things spread out a little bit more the next round. I definitely won’t try to host while in the deepest depths of planning my own wedding, but I would love to participate in some of the swaps being mentioned:

Pincushion/Needlecase/Needle minder Swap (Always wanted to do one of these!)
Holiday Ninnis
HP Holiday/Ornament Swap
Christmas Ornament Swap

I’ve been enjoying the no-extras, simple-mailing, small/medium or 1 large swaps to start back in. :two_hearts:

7 Likes

I know I put my hand up for a HP swap, but I don’t want to step on any toes :see_no_evil: knowing that we already have excellent HP swap organisers here :heart: :yellow_heart: :green_heart: :blue_heart:

I would love another round of TM patches, I need to start building up my collection :wink: I wasn’t a part of the first round of it on here, but if the previous organiser didn’t want to do it again I’d be more than happy to host it.

4 Likes

Don’t worry! You’re not stepping on toes. There could always be two different swaps, or we could co-organize. I

3 Likes

2 HP swaps… I didn’t consider that… I like it :wink: For the swap I was proposing, I was thinking of a cool questionnaire to make your partner some things inspired by their favourite things :slight_smile:

I would love a HP ornament swap too (I’ve even already made a pinterest board :stuck_out_tongue: ), as I think I’d like to have a designated HP mini tree as a part of my decorations :evergreen_tree:
Co-hosting sounds lovely too x

2 Likes