Round 7 Swap Idea Thread

I’m ALWAYS down for a Halloween Swap!

4 Likes

Name of Swap: Common Ground round 2
Swap Organizer: Bunny1kenobi
Swap Requirements: 1 med 2 small, extras if agreed upon
Length of Swap: 1.5 months

Find what you and your partner(s) have in common and craft to that. It can be as simple as a favorite color. Or you both have dogs and she likes fridge magnets so you make her a doggy magnet, maybe you both :heart: Harry Potter… etc. You don’t have to craft for the same commonalities that your partner decides to craft for, either. This swap requires a more in depth questionnaire than most, but it’s a great way to get to know one another and to make a new friend!

10 Likes

SUGGESTION

Mythology Swap.

We did one of these on the old site and it was amazing. The people who were in it were so creative with their interpretations.

6 Likes

I know @Lynx asked about fall and winter swaps. So, looking back at swaps, it seems that we do them roughly every quarter. If this round follows the same path, we should have another round by September/October. If you feel like that might be cutting it close for a holiday swap, you can mention it now or wait till round 8.

5 Likes

That’s good to know for sure!

Just a heads up…I am planning to host STS for round 8 of swaps (if it gets chosen). If you’re thinking about participating, it’s a good time to shop for holiday gifts. And yes, it’s never too soon to start stashing crafted items for your STS shop :wink:

7 Likes

oh, I feel like I participated in the Yarny Scavenger Hunt on the old site, and
this one sounds like fun, too!
Fond memories of scavenger swaps~

2 Likes

I missed out on the yarnie scavenger hunt, but I took part in the magic yarn ball swap and loved it!

And yes, there were various iterations of scavenger hunts on c-ster. It was cool to see what we could find for all the categories…some folks got pretty creative :laughing:

1 Like

Okay, so many ideas (again) for this round.

I’d love to do a shrine/nicho swap.

Or a good ol’ fashioned dotee swap (that was my first swap ever on the other site)

Or maybe a Ninni swap?

Ack, I will land on something and post a real idea soon.

5 Likes

I would be up for any of those…I miss the recurring swaps like the dotees, TM patches, etc.

4 Likes

Wow, it will be hard to vote! :smiley:
I am looking forward to STS, and any christmas/ornament swaps, since I want to detash my felt ornaments a bit.
Some ideas from my side:

• any swaps for orgazizing things (fabric, tin boxes,tags, whatever) Don’t mind the details, just seen all whishlist pinterest pages are full on these kind of things :slight_smile:
  • swap for journal makers (crafted items + supplies probably)
2 Likes

Name of Swap: 4x6 art swap
Swap Organizer: jemimah
Swap Requirements: one piece of 4"x6" art in any medium, up to 3 partners
Length of Swap: 4 weeks (3 weeks to craft, 1 week to send). Partners are not allocated until after the crafting period.

And, just because it came up in a previous discussion, everyone is welcome in the 4x6 swap, especially those who feel like they are beginners :rainbow:

15 Likes

I would be happy to host a 50s swap. Did you have any thoughts about the size of the swap? :flamingo: :sparkles: :rocket: :palm_tree: :cocktail:

3 Likes

I would so be down for that!

2 Likes

Nope, I’d just enjoy participating. :grin: Med or large, would be good

2 Likes

Do you mean the 1950’s? OR people in their 50’s? :wink:

6 Likes

@Smmart are you going to organize any of these? If not, I would host the Ninni swap. I have always loved those. Let me know!

2 Likes

That would be both for me. LOL! I like 1950’s stuff and I’m in my 50’s. It’s a win-win swap. :rofl: :crazy_face:

4 Likes

You can organize the Ninni swap. I was just thinking out loud…

1 Like

Me, too altho I just graduated from my 50s to ugh, I can’t even say it.

4 Likes

Name of Swap: Ninni Swap
Swap Organizer: gozer
Swap Requirements: Make 1 Ninni
Length of Swap: 1 month

Extras can be discussed with partners. :blush:

6 Likes