Round 7 Swap Idea Thread

hmm… what is Ninni?

2 Likes

Wow, thank you for info. I saw this cutie already, didn’t know the name :slight_smile: Looks fun :slight_smile:

2 Likes

A couple people mentioned hoopla but I don’t think anyone is hosting it so I can.

Name of Swap: Hoopla Swap
Swap Organizer: geekgirl
Swap Requirements: 1 hoop to 1 partner
Length of Swap: 1 month

12 Likes

Thanks so much!! Count me in! <3

1 Like

So would it be everyone using the same monster pattern?

1 Like

Yes, hopefully someone can link to the wayback machine to see some of the galleries on the old site.

Everyone list themes - say Doctor Who, and your partner makes you a dalek Ninni, or a Ninni with a fez, or makes a Ninni out of Tardis fabric. We’ve done Halloween Ninnis, too.

4 Likes

Yes!!

@Camelama Ninni’s can get quite ornate and turn out so cool. It;s amazing how personalizable they are.

1 Like

Name of Swap: Undercover Fandom Swap
Swap Organizer: gozer
Swap Requirements: 1 Medium + 1 Small
Length of Swap: Five weeks

Details: This swap is for those of us who love our fandoms, but don’t want to be too obvious. For Example, If you like the movie UP and you make a Carl’s South American Balloon Tours hat, or if you love the movie Step-Brothers and you have a Prestige Worldwide shirt or a Catalina Wine Mixer glass (I love Step-brothers).
For this swap, you will be required to have a Pinterest and supply examples for your undercover ideas. We are not expecting someone to watch an entire series or movies.

9 Likes

I love Halloween! I would definitely be up for a swap with anything fall/halloween related themes.

2 Likes

Looked a couple up while in a boring meeting
They are slow to load

5 Likes

Thank you! I have no idea how to use the Way Back Machine.

I made and received Halloween Ninnis…one of my all time favorite swaps and why I can’t get rid of my pile of fleece! lol…

I swear I have made a Ninni for every kid I knew back then…they are just so cute and easy and can be decorated to be any kind of Ninni…one of my favorites was a ballerina Ninni I made…

2 Likes

So far we have 9 officially proposed swaps!

1 Like

Haha! I could do both too, but I meant …

… so everyone can join :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

4 Likes

Name of Swap: 1950s Swap
Swap Organizer: jemimah
Swap Requirements: All the coolest 1950s stuff. I’m thinking a large swap (1 large and 1 small OR 2 mediums; extras if partners agree)
Length of Swap: 6 weeks (2 weeks signup, 4 weeks crafting)

7 Likes

I cant host yet but I love anything Halloween or Christmas!

1 Like

I’m going to take one of my suggestions off the table and offer to host it! :partying_face:

Name of Swap: Masterboard Addicts Unite
Swap Organizer: Reinikka
Swap Requirements: three masterboards & one small made with a masterboard element
Length of Swap: four weeks (should be plenty!) after a two week signup period

Masterboards should be a minimum of 5 1/2" squared (aim for 6" but the 6" envelopes lie a little :roll_eyes:). The small item can be an ATC, altered tag, greeting card, etc. Everything should fit into an envelope and shipping should be low cost. Beginners & experts all welcome! Lets make a beautiful mess together! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

9 Likes

Dang it. I could never say no to that. We’re going cottaging with friends & I volunteered to do a “messy painting” activity with the kids, masterboards! I’ll have plenty to choose from by the end!

5 Likes