Round Three of Swaps (swap ideas)

Trying to think of something…books? Mini books? Jumbo books?

4 Likes

Comfort Creature Swap
Create a stuffie for comfort during this time of crisis. 1 month to craft, any medium. And I cannot run the swap, too many obligations. Sigh.

13 Likes

I love the idea of comfort creature swap.

4 Likes

This is such a cute idea. If no one else wants to host I would do it. Let me think about time frame, unless you have a suggestion.

2 Likes

I remember the mini book swap on C-ster…I love the Firefly themed book I received, it still holds pride of place in my swap goodies shelf :smiley:

3 Likes

I don’t want to host this, but what about a Customize my face mask Swap.

We make a face mask (or several) with special fabrics, maybe even print or dye the fabrics ourselves. Think fashun darling. Or if people really want to have fun with it, do something a bit more on the artsy side like @RagingSloth’s Most Ridiculous Mask Ever. We can work with our partner to let them know what patterns/sizes we prefer, have a couple of themes to run with, and then let the creativity take over.

10 Likes

I love the customize your own face mask swap idea and would be totally willing to host that. So, I suppose it would be a “small/medium” but give, what? 3 weeks to craft something fabulous?

5 Likes

Awesome! You could also add in the Q the option for making more than 1 mask, since the actual construction themselves is fairly simple.

Also embroidery is a whole world of possibilities too :smiley:

3 Likes

oh yes good thinking! This could be really awesome :slight_smile:

Oh my gosh! I have so many ideas!

This time around I would like to propose the Craft this Tote (and fill it!) Swap - This was first started by Leslie’sHappyHeart (such a lovely C-ster member :purple_heart:) I am happy to host this swap - 3 Weeks crafting Time.

Link to the pattern to follow

This is a very small tote, just 7.5" x 8.5" --but it is a blank canvas for creativity! You would be free to embellish it any way you want to match your partner’s tastes (embroider, paint, stencil, appliqué, glue, etc) then fill it with a ‘medium’s’ worth of goodies. These could be store bought or hand made, or a mix of both (so two smalls or a medium).

Link to the C-ster swap gallery

7 Likes

I said I’d host the next round of Ongoing ATCs (approximately a million years ago, pandemic time) so if people are still interested, I can do that. Probably about the same set-up, but I’m wondering if it might work best to have a single ongoing thread for discussion & gallery, and just break out the claim threads by month?

Also, was someone interested in hosting the Animal Crossing swap that got briefly mentioned last time?

9 Likes

A face mask swap!!! :heart_eyes::star_struck::heart_eyes::star_struck:

2 Likes

Ahahahaha I’m so happy I started something. :rofl:

3 Likes

I volunteer to host a Happy Mail swap.

Details:
you will decorate an envelope (at least 6"x9" in size) by drawing, painting, mixed media, how ever you wish, leaving room for the addresses. then you will craft 5 small embellishments or crafting doo-dads - no store bought.

examples are homemade stickers, stencils, paper feathers. paper flowers, altered paper clips/buttons, ATCS and other small art. etc.

old galleries for ideas:
https://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=450093.0
https://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=450734.0
https://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=453574.0
https://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=454455.0

to recap:
organizer: geekgirl
time to craft: 4 weeks
size/crafting requirements: 1 decorated envelope and 5 small crafted embellishments

18 Likes

I am going to officially offer up:
Creature Comfort Swap
Time: 1 month craft time.
Requirements: One stuffie to offer comfort during these odd times. Any medium.

13 Likes

I was just going to suggest a happy mail swap! I think we can all use a little happy mail in our lives right now. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

My Proposal: Use What You Have Swap

Organizer: I would love to organize

Description: Craft from only your stash! If you’re anything like me, you have a massive craft arsenal at your house even after oodles of crafting during social distancing. This would be a low cost swap with shipping being the only expense. Although you will be able to list your favorite colors, anyone that signs up will have to be flexible with colors/patterns because your partner will not be able to purchase something specifically for you.

Size: 1 Medium and 2 Smalls

Crafting Time: One month

19 Likes

Omg I love the book suggestion… Will someone please do books?! I love book binding and would love to join that one

1 Like

Love this one!

Handmade Book Swap (not sure what kind/size yet)
4 weeks of crafting time
1 book for one partner, paper extras okay

I will host

11 Likes