Round Three of Swaps (swap ideas)

I’d like to host an EPP swap. You would send either stitched paper pieces or pieces of fabric in a flat envelope. In the past we’ve had two hexagon swaps but I’m also open to other shapes. Crafting time would be 4 weeks. In the previous swaps everyone sent to everyone because it’s not a lot of work.

3 Likes

Does anyone want to host the Animal crossing swap. @roler can do either the animal crossing or fridge magnet but isn’t up for hosting both. I am putting together the poll right now.

I’d be fine with putting both on the poll, and then if one or both of them makes the top list, I’ll just host whichever is voted higher, and if they were somehow both up there. Would that work?

1 Like

Awesome. If they both end up being picked. We can work it out. I hear we have excellent swap mods and members who will lend a helping hand. :wink: :blush:

3 Likes

Yay! Glad you were able to decipher my comment despite my apparently stopping mid-sentence in there. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: I’m a bit sleepy! XD

1 Like

Voting is up! You have a week to vote for your top 7.

6 Likes

That’s super clever, actually! I like that idea. Definitely makes mailing easier, as long as it’s not a super bulky hoop style. :slight_smile:

What is an EPP swap? :slight_smile:

2 Likes

English Paper Piecing!

1 Like

Usually for the 12 days of Christmas swap we typically start in late August or very early September. There’s usually 2 large items, 4 or so medium ones and the rest are smalls. It takes a looooong time to craft lol.

1 Like

I don’t actually want to do a swap, but like to think about it (hmm, could we do a virtual swap, where we plan it but never have to actually make anything?)

Anyway, for Christmas, it might be cool to do a putz house or bottlebrush tree swap.

1 Like

I’ve hosted a swap here in the first round and would organize both the Use What You Have and the Animal Crossing if it’s picked too. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Awesome! Thank you!

I’m posting here as a reminder (to me) for the next round of voting:

@Phizzychick posted the sweetest little salt and cornflower foxes, mole, badger, and crow, inspired by the artistry of Jenny Barnett.

I would love to host a Jenny Barnett creature swap. She shared her recipe as well as shaping tutorials. It reminds me of Teesha Moore patches!

6 Likes

I would join this!!!

1 Like

I’m super impatient to see the swap results! :smiley: I just finished a present for my boyfriend this week. I started it on Tuesday evening and finished it up yesterday. Now I need a new project! :wink:

6 Likes

Are the ongoing swaps going to continue in September? October? And so on? :slight_smile:

2 Likes

That depends. When I post the next round of swap suggestions, I said I would host another round. So, if OWS round two gets the votes, then yes for at least another round.

3 Likes

Ok, thanks. :slight_smile:

1 Like

When does the next round of swaps start to get discussed?

3 Likes