Saint Valentine's Day Candy Jar

My DS1 signed up to bring a candy guess jar for his class St. Valentine’s Day party. Which means a fun project for me!

I don’t like the idea of unwrapped candy… mostly because it’s trickier to count and you’re sort of limited to one type of candy. But, wrapped candy means we can include all kinds of goodies. There’s about a dozen different types of candy in there and that makes it a real challenge to guess how many packages.

I used stashed papers/ephemera to decorate the jar.

18 Likes

How decadent!

2 Likes

Cute, cute, cute! Looks like a real challenge to guess the number. Those tags are very sweet.

2 Likes

Oh, you’ve made this extra fun!

2 Likes

Oh the kids will love this for sure! The decorations are so profesh.

2 Likes

Thanks, everyone!

I was really excited to get this assignment - I knew I had a partial pad of Valentine’s scrapbook paper in my stash!

1 Like

That is fun! You took the assignment to a whole new level! I bet the teacher wasn’t expecting all that. I am sure the kids had a lot of fun.

2 Likes

Forget the candy…who gets the jar afterwards??? That’s what I want to know. It’s so lovely!

1 Like

Very cool addition to the Valentines party! I bet the teacher keeps the jar! I know I would if it was me! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Thanks!

The party is tomorrow and I would assume the winner takes the whole thing. For those interested, the jar is a 2-gallon barrel by Anchor Hocking (made in the USA), and cost me all of $9.

1 Like

:sparkling_heart: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :cupid: :heart_eyes: :heartpulse: Are you feeling the love? Because your lovely craft is one of this week’s Featured Projects! :sparkling_heart: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :cupid: :heart_eyes: :heartpulse:

1 Like

How cool! The tags are fabulous!

1 Like

What a precious gift! I am definitely making this one next year! ❤️

1 Like