ALL NEW, REIMAGINED Harry Potter Craftalong - Spring 2024

@plaidpineapple The liners may be mundane but at least they’re pretty! A nice little pick-me-up when the time comes.

1 Like

I used reusable pads or a Lunette for the longest time until my period went whacko and I had a hysterectomy. It felt nice to have something comfy during an annoying part of the month, rather than using plastic or whatever fem products are made out of nowadays.

Now that I don’t need them anymore, I have no idea what to do with them.

2 Likes

I’ll be filling several slots once I finish my myriad of valentines. There’s the first six for a swap, the next four for here, seventeen for family/friends, one for husband, one for son, and one so my friend can send it to her cousin’s kindergarten class for learning about the states. She wanted something cutesy and she doesn’t do cutesy, lol.

Dang, that’s a lot! I only have three left to create.

ETA: Scratch that. I have 29 tiny envelopes to make for my son’s school valentines. :woman_facepalming:

2 Likes

@Trillian they are very plush, lol! They work fine for mugs, though. And they do make good dolly rugs. :slight_smile:

While I was in picture taking mode, I realized I could show this set I finished. Yes, it’s a second bakery, but the world needs more bakeries!

Prompt/Challenge Title: Crafter’s Choice
**Project Name & Page Link:**Golden Wheat Bakery
Team: Quibbler
Brief Description:
This is another Rolife Super Creator Kit. I think my fave features are the stand mixer that can tilt up and down, and the LIGHTS! The oven has a light inside (as well as removeable racks and pans) and there’s a lit store sight that says “Golden Wheat” - the name of the bakery. The oven has transparent black plastic that you put in the windows so that the light looks like what you’d expect to see when your oven light is on (rather than harsh white light.) The details they think of!! I put pics of it with the top door open and closed so you can see the contrast.

6 Likes

Super freakin cute!

1 Like

Prompt/Challenge Title: Hut-on-the-Rock
Project Name & Page Link: St. Valentine’s Day Candy Jar
Team: Daily Prophet
Brief Description: I went a little overboard with the candy guess jar for DS1’s class party. Winner gets to take home 2 gallons of candy.

8 Likes

You’re going to be the most popular parent ever!

2 Likes

With the kids, at least. :joy:

2 Likes

Adorable bakery, @Moonflame!

And woah, what a haul of Valentine candy, @tendstowardschaos!

2 Likes

That is such a cute bakery!

Prompt/Challenge Title: Dudley’s Second Bedroom
Project Name & Page Link: An altered bra
Team: Witch Weekly
Brief Description: I bought a bra off of Temu for $3. I like to make bras but the fabric, elastic, underwires, etc etc add up. So, I figured worst case scenario I get some inexpensive bra pieces to cut apart and use. Best case, it ends up being a great bra. Hmmm. Worst case. The foam cups are nice but that is where it ends. The material is very stretchy and provides no staying support, and it was slip-on. I basically kept the cups/fron panel and redid everything else. I added powernet and elastic support, redid the shoulder straps and added back closures. The straps look wonky, but it sure does work better.

Prompt/Challenge Title: Minister for Magic Mission
Project Name & Page Link: Unpaper Towels
Team: Witch Weekly
Brief Description: My daughter is away at college, so I made her a set of unpaper towels.

7 Likes

I love the cute mushroom print!

So impressed that you make /upgrade your own bras!

That’s awesome that you make your own bras! & the unpaper towels are cute and useful!

that mushroom print! :heart_eyes:

I have been at a snail’s pace replacing one-use items with reusable items. So far I have a Last Swab Q-tip, facial rounds, and pads (which are now moot). I use dryer balls instead of adding fabric softener. Reusable paper towels are on my list!

Toilet stuff will still be one-and-done, though. Makes me gag.

Yours are SUPER CUTE!

And you re-made a bra? Wow! Bras are a PITA for me. Most of the time I can get away without wearing one due to jackets and light decorative scarves, but as I’m getting older they’re falling a bit more :rofl: No good in summertime tank tops.

Love that mushroom fabric! I’m sure they’ll be very popular with the college crew.

OMG that mushroom fabric is the best!! And WOW! Nice bra upcycle!!

Prompt/Challenge Title: Crafter’s Choice
Project Name & Page Link: Magic Cookie Bars
LC Contest/LC Swap/Charity Item: Charity donation to the Friends group at my local library
Team: The Quibbler
Brief Description: The Friends group at my local library is having a bake sale to benefit the library, so I baked some cookie bars! I put each one in a valentine’s day themed baking cup because I had a bunch & added tags with ingredient information after I took pictures. (Recipe is included on the linked page.)

6 Likes

Yummm! Those look delicious!

1 Like

That’s so sweet of you!

1 Like