Salad Bowl Pancakes

While roaming around the internet, I came across a video showing an interesting pancake-ish sort of recipe. I made some notes while watching and them tried making it.
It turned out really yummy, and was given high marks by the rest of the people in the house too.
Made this, with slight variations, 3 times already.
For variation, I added crumbled feta cheese, which upped the saltiness in a good way. And one time I used spinach instead of parsley.
You can easily customize it to the vegetables you like and what you have on hand.
It goes well with cream cheese or Greek yogurt, and the kid was happy with it cold in her lunchbox, too.
Here’s the link to the video:
Pancake video
And here’s what one of our rounds looked like:

Some in progress shots, because it was so colorful and vibrant:

15 Likes

Those look and sound yummy! Took me a few minutes to understand your title :smiley:

2 Likes

We gave them that name, since we basically mix an entire salad into the batter.
Very filling, and the kid gets all the good nutrients in one easy recipe that she really likes, which fills my heart.

2 Likes

We love getting shrimp or kimchi pancakes at the Korean restaurant. I will try this recipe as I really love the loads of veggies and how versatile it seems!

Looks yummy with the Greek yogurt. Bet you can use a bunch of different sauces!

1 Like

This looks very similar to a dish my MIL used to make. My husband has always called them “Japanese pancakes”. Lots of vegetables in them! Yours look delicious!

2 Likes

Yes, very similar. My mom made them but they only contained some green onions and maybe some shrimp if we had any. We used Japanese worcestershire sauce on top–yummy!

1 Like

Intriguing! Looks delicious.

1 Like

I really like this recipe. I can see myself using my regular pancake mix. Thanks for sharing the video link too. I like the skillet pan that he used. So many different types of sauces that can be used for dipping or spreading. Great meal!

2 Likes

Num! I love a savory scallion pancake. This looks delish!

2 Likes

Our local Korean restaurant makes a seafood/scallion pancake…$17…the kimchee one is $15.

I had no idea it was pretty simple to make…they serve it as an appetizer, but it really is a meal!

1 Like