Santa's Sack Gallery

Yay! I’m so glad you like your presents.

I knew I wanted to make something with your grandaughters but had to abandon several designs. First I wanted to do silhouettes but the pictures I had wouldn’t quite work for that. Then I tried paper art. That was also a disaster. Next I tried my teeny laser cutting/burner machine on various papers. That was worse. So I finally went with shrink art portraits.

The jalapeño was snagged from your Christmas ornament swap wishlist and so fun to make!

4 Likes

those bird ATCs are so sweet! and how precious are those ornaments!

2 Likes

I recieved my package from @Cindy!

I’m well known in our family for my practical side so this bunch of lovely, and useful, items is perfect for me!

Cindy sent a hot pad, a pan protector (you put them between pans when stacking them), lots of lovely reusable napkins/paper towels (some have hedgehogs on them!), two doodled hedgehog notecards, a pair of socks, and a That Purple Thang (which I’m already putting to use). Plus, the super cool bag!

Is it screen printed? I also love the handmade washi tape card Cindy used for her note!

10 Likes

@Tapestry You knocked it out of the park with that package for @Cindy! What a great lot of treasures!!!

@Cindy What a useful pack of items! Those hedgehogs are cute!!!

2 Likes

Ack! The hedgies are so adorable!! Great package!

3 Likes

Swooning over the sack — great fabric! All the hedgehogs are adorable. Love the hot pad and the pan protector as well. (I’m assuming the pan protector is round and the hot pad is right underneath it.)

2 Likes

That’s correct, the hot pad is large enough to fit under a 9x13 pan.

2 Likes

I received from @Kwality570 today and she spoiled me with lots of lovely goodies!

She sent TWO sacks. Both are great, but I really love the sparkly snowman bag! My inner niffler can’t resist a bit of sparkle.

Next up, my stocking stuffers: a bottle of watercolor paint, two paint pens, some adorable monster flags, and aligator chip clips! I had to laugh because I almost bought those exact clips for @Kwality570.

She also sent a trio of pan protectors (blue is my fave color so I love these):

And now for my fave gift of all, a quartet of mandrakes and some reusable gift tags!

The mandrakes are playing with the gift tags in the picture above. But…there are only 3 mandrakes in that picture you say? One of them just HAD to jump right onto the Christmas tree.

I’ve always loved the naughty elf on the shelf pics this time of year but refuse to get an elf because they creep me out. Too many Twilight Zone episodes as a kid, I suppose. BUT, now I have naughty mandrakes to play with! They’re fully posable and just so fun.

Thank you @Kwality570 for such a fun package!

11 Likes

Ahhh those are sooooo cute! I don’t like the elf on a shelf either for the same reason! Lol But… What a great alternative! And those hot pads, beautiful blues!

Great sack! :grin:

2 Likes

The mandrake is adorable!!

I received an AMAZING package from @endymion. She is so talented and thoughtful! :green_heart::heart::green_heart::heart:

First, endymion knows I am obsessed with vintage fabric panels, so she made me a bag from some! Adorable!!

Next, some lovely smelling lotion and soap, cozy socks, and a bright and vibrant mug rug. Here are photos of both sides. I love rhe tiny flower stitches.

Next, a vintage button bouquet. I had a hard time photographing it in a way that showed off each lovely bloom. I also crafted with vintage buttons. Our brains were on the same wavelength.

I have been completely obsessed with granny squares, but I don’t how to crochet. Look what endymion made me? I love, love, love it! I can hardly wait to show it off.

I really thought she outdid herself with the scarf, but then I opened this stunning wreath. I adore everything about it. So many sewing bits and bobs. Isn’t it gorgeous?

Thank you, endymion. You really spoiled me. :heart::green_heart:

11 Likes

What a great santa sack haul! I love the button bouquet and that Santa & Mrs. Claud sack is my favorite yet - so gorgeous!

2 Likes

@endymion - is that…. fabric that looks like ledger paper? Where can someone acquire such fabric?

2 Likes

@Cindy Love the hedgehog notecards!

@Kwality570 those mandrakes are awesome!

@endymion that scarf is fantastic!

3 Likes

The mandrakes are so cute; love how they play hide n seek on the tree. Watch out that they don’t get into too much mischief! The pot protectors are also great. And I love the green accent fabric on the red bag.

@geekgirl, the fabric is even more awesome than it looks in the picture. It actually has a variety of different graphic designs.

I got it when I visited my sister in Maine this summer. The selvage info says it’s called “Poster Block” by stoffabrics, designed in Denmark and printed in Japan.

By the way, the soap I sent was made by a local person who often attends craft shows and sells their handmade soaps.

I received my package from @MightyMitochondria as well. She was also a very busy crafter!

The bag itself was cute & sort of scrappy-looking.

I love the big button and the bird fabric and the sweet stitching along the top edge.

I had mentioned tins in my list, and she thoughtfully packaged a lot of the items inside cool, vintage tins. And as the tissue paper, she used old sewing patterns. So cool!

Here are some hair elastics decorated with vintage buttons. I love them, and wore the two pink ones together today.

Next up, this adorable, embroidered, vintage-tin pin cushion.

It was wrapped in a cute, embroidered vintage hankie. (And looks like maybe it was crafted from one as well?)

There was another cute tin that had several things in it, including a stamp and stamp pad.

Then my favorite of the tins, a petite typewriter-ribbon tin. It held a vintage retractable measuring tape (made of fabric!) and the sweetest, tiny little ceramic deer. Can’t wait to use it in a project! I photographed it with the Christmas fabric yo-yo. You can’t tell from the picture, but there was a deer design on it as well.

And last, an amazing little forest of button trees, made with a gorgeous assortment of vintage buttons. Aren’t they fabulous?

I already have these installed in my living room with some other tree-shaped decorations.

Thank you so much, @MightyMitochondria! I love it all so much, and especially since it feels like we were both crafting in such a similar vintage-and-buttons vibe for each other.

8 Likes

The button trees are so cute!

1 Like

I know, right?!?!
I decided they needed another picture so everyone can see them better.

I know how long they must have taken to make. The assortment of buttons is just incredible!

8 Likes

The button trees are my favorite! So cute and crafty!

1 Like

All the buttons!!! SWOON!!

1 Like

Those button trees are so, so adorable.

@MightyMitochondria I :heart_eyes: all the tins you used for packaging

3 Likes

Omg. That fabric is fantastic.

3 Likes