Scented Victorian Lavender Bookmark

May I present to you all…my super fancy-schmancy “Victorian Lavender Bookmark”?

This Scottish Heritage bookmark kit was on my Christmas wish list and my SIL made it happen. I just got around to stitching it this past week.

Size: around 2 x 7.5 inches?

Fabric: It was in a kit and didn’t specify. It felt kinda big so I’m going to guess 11ct Aida.

Pattern: It was a Scottish Heritage kit called “Victorian Lavender Bookmark”. Lovely little kit with everything you needed.

Fun Factor: It stitched up pretty quick and I loved all the different purples. It’s hard to tell but there’s stitches over the different purples in the lavender blooms and it really gives it dimension. Oh, and IT’S SCENTED! I filled between the layers with a bit of lavender from last year’s garden! When you open your book it smells divine! No clue whether this is good for the bookmark or the book but I’m going to take my chances. :laughing: I’m a quick reader so it doesn’t stay in long.

Not-So-Fun Factor: Part of this pattern has you stitching white on white and UGH. So hard to see. Had to break out my glasses for that part.

Changes: Came with a tassel which I didn’t use. I took the suggestion to put “paper” between the layers so the darker backing wouldn’t show through the front. Instead of paper I cut two pieces of cardstock and glued them together to make the bookmark a bit more stiff.

One of the best parts is that it’s for me! I feel like I never would make myself a fancy bookmark so I feel spoiled every time I pick it up.

And now for the pictures!

Thanks for looking! :yellow_heart:

23 Likes

Looks great! Lovely stitching! I bet that lavender scent will make you feel even more relaxed when reading!

3 Likes

It totally does! I’ve been reading while holding my bookmark up to my nose. :laughing:

2 Likes

Oh, it sounds like heaven to have a lavender-scented bookmark! And so pretty!!!

2 Likes

Nice!

I’m used to books that smell like cedar bookshelves, but haven’t tried a scented bookmark. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Beautiful work!

1 Like

Beautiful work — I love that it’s lavender scented! I’ll have to remember that when mine blooms this year.

1 Like

Oh, it’s quite so lovely. I really love the look of lavender–if only it didn’t give me such a headache. Beautiful work.

1 Like

How fun that it’s scented!! Next level. :smile:

2 Likes

I love it!
I love books and I love lavender. And your stitching is so neat.

2 Likes

This came out so pretty, and adding scent… totally genius. It would be a great idea as a gift for someone going through a tough time, too, or gifted with a book that seems perfect for right before bedtime.
Excellent share!

2 Likes

Oh my goodness! I love this so much!

1 Like

Beautiful bookmark and great that it is filled with lavender!

1 Like

So elegant and I LOVE that you scented it too!

1 Like

That is super nice! I’m so glad you made something lovely for yourself, you deserve nice things too!

3 Likes

Delightful! I love that you made something special for yourself.

1 Like

I don’t cross-stitch, but I can see that it took a lot of effort, especially with that white-on-white part. I love your idea of putting lavender inside of it. It reminded me that I want to plant some lavender this year in my garden.

2 Likes

So beautiful and I love that it is scented too.

2 Likes

Fantastic idea to scent it! I may be stealing, I mean creatively using, this idea for special gifts. Your bookmark is gorgeous. My Mom will love one.

2 Likes

Lovely and brilliant to have scents added

1 Like