It started with a huge pile of scraps and an ADHD-fueled whim…it ended in a headache-inducing, collage of every sewing project from the last few years.
The other side is much more subdued.
Some blocks are tiny crumbs of fabric with more area in the seam allowances than is seen on the right-side of the fabric. Some are leftover squares from other quilts (HSTs). Some are strips, some are wonky roses or log cabins. Each 9.5" square block is sashed with 3.5" squares.
To quilt this behemoth (it’s 87" x 99"), I first did a grid along the sashing. Then, I went back and free-motion quilted each of the 56 9.5" squares with a different design. It makes for a nice texture on the back. I used what was left of the backing fabric to make the binding (3").
Please excuse the mess, the bins of Legos and sewing stuff are everywhere right now.