Scrappy coaster set

Very happy with how these turned out! There’s a square of thick, stiff felt inside for stability & absorbency. They are very flat too.

They were so very much work though. 2 full days, I am exhausted.
First sort the scraps

Then iron them

Next fuse to interfacing

And stitch all over to create a new piece of fabric!

Follow an unnecessarily complicated tutorial for reverse applique circles :expressionless:
I will certainly use a different technique if ever I need to make this shape again.

I sure hope my sister likes them. I couldn’t choose a favourite myself.

27 Likes

What a great way to use up scraps! I really like how the black fabric frames the scrappy fabric and the circles give it a dramatic flair!

3 Likes

I love these so much!! The black really helps the scraps pop!

3 Likes

These are gorgeous. The black border is a great choice to accentuate the gorgeous, scrappy colors.

2 Likes

Thanks, friends! I like imagining her seeing a bright burst of colour every time she lifts her cup to take a sip of tea. She lives pretty far away, we don’t get to visit much so having things I made for her in her home connects us every day. Love my baby sis! She’s awesome.

6 Likes

These are so pretty!

1 Like

Theeeese arrrrrre soooooo goooooood!

1 Like

So, so pretty and cheery! Your stitching is very neat. I love the decorative stitch around the circle. The black fabric really makes the colorful circle pop!

2 Likes

That’s the blind hem stitch! It’s been my fave decorative stitch forever.

3 Likes

Super cute!

1 Like

Very cool. I love that you constructed your own fabric.

3 Likes

:boom: Woohoo!! This fantastic project is featured this week! :boom:

2 Likes

These are wonderful. I’ll echo many others who like the black.

Next time skip the reverse appliqué circle and do a raw edge appliqué, much easier.

1 Like

These are gorgeous! I love the scrappiness mixed with the circle for a contrast. I absolutely love these!

1 Like

I do like the raw edge applique but wanted something very neat and perfect as a counterpoint to the central scrappiness.

I made the last of the pieced fabric into a mugrug using the circle technique I prefer. Turned out great!

1 Like

My baby sister received these today. I’m so happy I sent them to her, she says she’s been putting her cup down on a piece of paper, lol!

1 Like

So scrappy cute. And fun! The black really sets them off.

1 Like