Scrappy Corner to Corner Crochet Blanket

I had a bunch of leftover yarn from a cowl and shawl project that I made using Lion Brand Ferris Wheel yarn. I decided to make a snuggly lap blanket for a coworker who has been going through some personal issues. A cozy blanket always makes everything better, right? I did end up having to buy three new balls of yarn to finish the blanket, so now I have three remaining half balls to come up with a use for, but at least I got rid of a bunch of other partial skeins.

Here is a photo of the blanket taken on my oversized arm chair:

and a nice folded shot of the blanket:

I gave it to her today and she was delighted. The Ferris Wheel yarn is a nice soft acrylic and the corner to corner crochet method makes a nice squishy blanket thatā€™s nearly free of the holes you sometimes get with crochet blankets. Hopefully itā€™ll be snuggly, warm, and just the right amount of cozy to make her days a little brighter.

26 Likes

I love the colors. That was a really nice surprise for your coworker :slight_smile:

2 Likes

You had me at scrappy. :smile: Love the color!!

3 Likes

I really love the colors too. It is so pretty.

2 Likes

So much color! I adore it! Also a very thoughtful gift :blue_heart:

2 Likes

that looks great.

2 Likes

Thatā€™s so thoughtful and it came out so pretty. I love how the C2C stripes look in those colors and I didnā€™t know that about the holes/air spaces being less in a C2C. Iā€™ve been meaning to learn how to do that style and now I have another point in the ā€œreasonā€™s to do itā€ column.

2 Likes

This is so pretty. I love the colors and you are such a sweet person to do this for your co-worker.
PS. Yes, blankets always help in rough times! :wink:

1 Like

It is so nice! I have all these cakes of Lion Brand mandala Iā€™m forever trying to force myself to make shawls with but it just doesnā€™t happen. A blanket is a great idea. And Iā€™ve been meaning to try corner to corner. Thanks for sharing and inspiring me :slight_smile:

I love the color combination! And, what an amazing gift to make for a coworker. Iā€™m sure it will be much appreciated. I havenā€™t tried corner to corner yet, but itā€™s on my list (I think Iā€™ll be starting with a dishcloth to get the hang of it before I jump into a blanket)!

1 Like

Itā€™s like a colorful, warm hug!

1 Like

This is utterly charming! I love the colors and the texture and the way they are together. Iā€™m sure your friend will find good comfort with this blanket.

1 Like

Love it!! Great colours and neat stitching!!
It is an extra plus that you used scraps, right?!

Great job! :orange_heart:

1 Like

Love this pattern, it looks lovely. It is an amazing gift to give someone.

I have been thinking of trying a blanket next as I donā€™t really need to make anymore shawls here. Maybe a nice throw for winter nights might be just the thing.

1 Like

Thatā€™s a wonderful gift!
I love the colors and it looks very comfortable.

1 Like

oh no. You fell prey to the old ā€œusing up stashā€ ploy - where you end up buying more to complete the project, and then have new remnants to be ā€œused upā€.

Tale as old as time, indeed!

Also, I adore how this turned out. and I know your coworker really appreciated your thoughtfulness.

:metal:

2 Likes

This is so lovely! Both the blanket, and the fact that itā€™s cheering someone up. Did you use just one color of Ferris Wheel, or multiple colorways?

1 Like

I am swooning because I love colorful!

1 Like

Iā€™m pretty sure it was the remnants of 8 skeins! I knit both a cowl and a shawl with the rest of the yarn that didnā€™t make it into the blanket. Now I just need to figure out what to make with these half balls that I have left of the last three colors I had to purchase!

1 Like

I watched a YouTube video to learn from ā€œThe Purple Poncho.ā€ Once you get the hang of it, it just grows like crazy.

2 Likes