Scrappy crochet throw

This is an old project, that I recently decided to add to. It’s not technically a UFO since it was used in between.

At least 10 years ago, I had some leftover acrylic yarn. Some was gifted and some were leftovers from a previous project. I first made a lot of granny squares with them, but when I ran out of certain colours, I used up the last bits in a no-pattern project, basically just a huge granny square. I probably posted it on the dead site about a decade ago.

Well, a while back I was going through my yarn stash to pack it up, and I found some more bits of acrylic yarns that apparantly I have acquired since the last time I used up all my stash. I decided to take those yarns with me when we moved instead of putting them into storage and I decided to just add to my old thrown until I ran out of yarn. This pattern is great because it requires 0 thinking and you can easily do it when you’re watching a movie or you’re in bed with flu (I tried both). I think it’s done now, the bed is a full bed so it’s a decent size now. I crocheted a row of sc around the whole thing and I only have a tiny bit of green and yellow left. I actually had two balls of yellow of different brands, but you can’t really tell the difference now it’s done.

You can clearly see where I started adding to the throw because the colours are different, but since it’s a scrap project I don’t mind. It’s very nice and warm and since it’s not precious and can be washed easily, it’s great to just have it lying around the house.

14 Likes

I love a good scrappy granny square!

2 Likes

I actually kinda love that the colors get more intense at the edges and are more muted in the center. Great way to give your scraps a higher purpose!

2 Likes

I LOVE this! It looks cozy and inviting to ward off a chill. And I think the brighter border looks intentional and great.

2 Likes

Love it! The change in tones adds visual interest that really looks intentional. Great use of stash!

1 Like

It is both scrappy and has a nice pattern!

I think a big old granny square is a fabulous way to use up its of yarn…they do take longer but as you said, you can just keep adding to it…

Very practical, too!

1 Like

That looks awesome and a great size to snuggle under.

1 Like

Since it’s scrappy, the color difference isn’t really noticeable. It looks like part of the design. It also looks very snuggle and cozy!

1 Like