Scrappy flying geese fabric basket

I saw this tutorial for no-waste 4-at-a-time flying geese & I thought hm, 4 at a time must be a quick & easy way to piece those together, you should make some. Raid the scrap bin, cut out a bunch to sew all at once!

Lemme tell ya “quick & easy” is relative, folks.
I am glad I tried it because now I know I’ll never do it again, lol. Very time consuming, fussy, & impossible for a non-precision stitcher to keep consistent. Kudos to all the talented quilters out there, I struggled.

I have 3 more baskets to make & another random strip. I am tired, whew.

21 Likes

At least you made something beautiful out of them!!

1 Like

Want basket! :heart_eyes::heart_eyes: Love…

2 Likes

It looks beautiful! I’m glad you made it, too, even if you’ll never make them again. Lol

1 Like

I love that basket :heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

1 Like

Love how you decided to use these!

1 Like

Looks like a lot of work! But what a great result!!

1 Like

Worth it, as far as I’m concerned. Very cool basket! I love your scrappy triangles/ flying geese and also love the stripes inside and out.

1 Like

I love, love, love your basket! Gorgeous use of scraps. :heart_eyes:

1 Like

These are great but that rainbow of the rectangles all laid out in rainbow order makes my heart so darned happy!

2 Likes

Gorgeous basket!!

1 Like

My goodness that is delightful! It looks like it neither quick nor easy.

1 Like

I LOVE this little basket!!! I NEED some black and white striped fabric in my life. I know those geese were a pain for you but I agree with others that the pain was worth it for this!

3 Likes

What a great use for the flying geese! I like both of those striped fabrics you used. The outside stripe looks great against those rainbow colors and the inside gives the basket such a nice finished look.

2 Likes

I am very happy you like it because it’s on the way to you now! UPS said a week for delivery!
Thanks for swapping, I’m so excited about the bag you made!

4 Likes

Yay! I’m so excited, thank you!

3 Likes

Love the color combo. It makes me smile.

2 Likes

Might make a nice bucket hat too! :slight_smile:

1 Like

:rocket: Wow! This project is out of this world and one of this week’s featured projects! :rocket:

1 Like

The fabric rainbow is fantastic. The basket turned out amazing and it looks like a lot of work.

1 Like