Scrappy Headdresses

My girls hijacked my morning the other day with a request for mermaid-style headdresses. We were looking for Memorial Day crafts but ended up going down a Pinterest rabbit hole and found this inspiration.

My version is of course much more scrappy.

It’s basically a tube casing for a piece of elastic with scrap strips hand sewn on. And a felt star focal piece.

One blue:

And one pink:

Thanks for looking!

23 Likes

Too adorable! What a fun day for you and your girls!

3 Likes

How many people can say they’ve been hijacked by mermaids insisting you make them headdresses? You’re probably the first and since these turned out so adorable, it’s probably going to happen again!

6 Likes

OMG you have some baby hippies on your hands - they are so cute! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

4 Likes

These are so adorable! I always love the results when you do stuff like this for your girls.

2 Likes

Love these!

2 Likes

Haha…outcome looks likely!

Thanks guys! :blush:

2 Likes

I love your version so much more than the original Pinterest inspiration! Your girls look beautiful in their mermaid regalia!

2 Likes

How sweet!

2 Likes

Me too. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Do these come in adult sizes? Asking for a merfriend.

4 Likes

Adorable! Requests from my kids are some of my absolute favorites!

2 Likes

So very cute!

2 Likes

I have to ask: can you share what was their inspiration for wanting them? I’d love to know what it was that they saw/came up with that made them want them.

3 Likes

I had pinned the linked inspiration picture a long time ago. We were searching (on Pinterest of course…mistake #1) for crafts to make to take to the parade today (hand held stars, flags, etc) and one girl was pinning ideas she liked to the board I have set aside for them. She ended up just looking at things I’ve pinned on that board and when that one came up both girls were just “Oooo, mom!” It’s not a great story but pretty typical in our house. I have plans for simple kid crafts all the time that take some serious right turns. My kids are pretty ambitious with my limited time and abilities!

3 Likes