Limited to a certain number of people? No

Restricted to people who all live in the same country? No
If so, which country? No
Additional Age requirement? No

Swap Organizer herself meets these conditions:

Has fully read the Swap Info Guide: YES
Has successfully completed two swaps as a participant: YES
Is not organizing more than three swaps right now: YES
Will recruit a co-organizer or give all details to a Swap Moderator if this swap has more than 25 participants: YES
Is at least 18 years old: YES

Swap Organizer will check each participant to make sure they meet these conditions:

Has been a member for at least one month: YES
Has posted at least 15 times: YES
Has completed one swap successfully before signing up for multiple swaps at a time: YES
Is not currently signed up for more than five swaps: YES
Does not have any negative feedback: YES

Participant has agreed that he/she is at least 16 years old: YES

Has posted a comment in this thread and will check regularly for swap updates YES
If within the US, understands that Tracking number is required for this swap: YES
If outside the US, understands that a mailing receipt copy is required for this swap: YES

:scissors: :thread: :email: :scissors: :thread: :email: :scissors: :thread: :email: :scissors: :thread: :email: :scissors: :thread: :email: :scissors: :thread: :email: :scissors: :thread: :email: :scissors: :thread: :email:

SWAP REQUIREMENTS
-We are swapping 5" fabric squares OR 2.5" fabric squares, also called Charm Squares or Mini Charm Squares respectively, from quilting cotton fabric scraps in our stashes, based on your partners wishes.

-There is no crafted component required for this swap.

-We are shipping via regular envelopes using a standard postage stamp, which covers 1-ounce of weight. Each package should contain a minimum of 3 Charm Squares or 12 Mini Charm Squares, but may include more if you wish, up to 1-ounce. (I tested with my kitchen scale and a few different greeting cards in my stash. A lighter weight card & envelope could take 26 Mini Charms, to reach .95 ounces, while a heavier card & envelope could take 12 Mini Charms for the same .95 ounces.)

-Participants may request a mix of Charms & Mini Charms, and senders can mix it up as long as what they send equals the same amount of fabric. For our purposes 1 Charm Square = 4 Mini Charm Squares, since one Charm can be cut down into for Minis.

-Extras are actually discouraged in this swap in order to keep it fast and simple. If you choose to send them, or if you choose to send more/larger scraps, your partners are not required to reciprocate.

-For this swap you are allowed to have multiple swap partners. Since the requirements and shipping costs are so low, and since I expect this to be an overall small swap, I will allow folks to sign up for as many partners as they wish, up to 10.

:camera_flash: Since tracking numbers are not available for envelopes, ALL swappers are required to take a picture of their packages as proof of sending, and to include the pictures in their PM, stating that they have sent.

Finally, since this swap will only have the cost of stamps, for sending packages, I strongly urge folks to consider being willing to send international, even if they normally do not opt to in swaps. Current cost of USPS International Stamps are $1.50.

:scissors: :thread: :email: :scissors: :thread: :email: :scissors: :thread: :email: :scissors: :thread: :email: :scissors: :thread: :email: :scissors: :thread: :email: :scissors: :thread: :email: :scissors: :thread: :email:

Questionnaire
Name of swap: Scrappy Mail Fabric Swap Round 2
Lettuce Craft username:
Email address:
Your real name AND Mailing address including the country (written as it would appear on the envelope):

Are you at least 16 years old?
Have you read the entire swap information for this swap?
Have you met the Participant Conditions?
Have you checked in with the discussion thread?
Are you able to post pictures here of what you receive?

Are you willing to ship internationally? (Currently US First-Class international stamps cost $1.50.)

How many partners would you like to have?
Would you like Charm Squares (5") or Mini Charm Squares (2.5"), or a mix of both?
What is the minimum number of Squares are you expected to ship to each partner?
Who is expected to take a picture of their packages as proof of sending?

LIKES & DISLIKES
Please remember, this is a SCRAP swap, so there are no promises on what you will receive, but partners are encouraged to think about their recipients likes and dislikes.

What colors would you most like to receive?
Are there any colors you actively dislike/don’t wish to receive?

What styles of prints are you most interested in? (brights, modern, neutrals, etc.)
Are there any fabric styles you don’t like or don’t wish to receive? (kids novelty prints, French country, etc.)

Is there a specific pattern you’re hoping to make with your Mini Charm Squares?

Is there anything else you’d like the organizer or your future partner(s) to know?

IF YOU WANT TO PARTICIPATE, REMEMBER TO SEND YOUR INFO TO ORGANIZER VIA PRIVATE MESSAGE AND NOT TO REPLY WITH IT HERE.

6 Likes

GALLERY!

Participants:

1. @MistressJennie
  2. @AIMR
  3. @tendstowardschaos
  4. @gozer
  5. @Tapestry
  6. @Abbeeroad
  7. @photojenn
  8. @Magpie
  9. @sloth003

Partnering:
MistressJennie :us: Sending To:

1. AIMR
  2. photojenn
  3. Magpie
  4. tendstowardschaos
  5. Tapestry

AIMR :us: Sending To:

1. Abbeeroad
  2. gozer
  3. Tapestry
  4. tendstowardschaos
  5. photojenn
  6. Magpie
  7. MistressJennie
  8. sloth003

tendstowardschaos :us: Sending To:

1. AIMR
  2. photojenn
  3. Magpie
  4. sloth003
  5. gozer
  6. MistressJennie

gozer :us: Sending To:

1. AIMR
  2. photojenn
  3. Magpie
  4. sloth003
  5. tendstowardschaos

Tapestry :us: Sending To:

1. AIMR
  2. photojenn
  3. Magpie
  4. sloth003
  5. MistressJennie

Abbeeroad :us: Sending To:

1. AIMR
  2. photojenn
  3. Magpie

photojenn :us: Sending To:

1. Abbeeroad
  2. MistressJennie
  3. AIMR
  4. tendstowardschaos
  5. gozer
  6. Tapestry
  7. Magpie
  8. sloth003

Magpie :canada: Sending To:

1. Abbeeroad
  2. MistressJennie
  3. AIMR
  4. tendstowardschaos
  5. gozer
  6. Tapestry
  7. photojenn
  8. sloth003

sloth003 :canada: Sending To:

1. MistressJennie
  2. AIMR
  3. tendstowardschaos
  4. gozer
  5. Tapestry
  6. photojenn
  7. Magpie
5 Likes

I will be in for this one! I just need to figure out how many partners. :wink:

3 Likes

Impossible to refuse.

2 Likes

Last time I just said “as many as possible”. I wanted to swap with everyone :). I’ll definitely be signing up again!

3 Likes

I need to join just so I can finally make my ultimate LC scrappy quilt!

5 Likes

I’ll be filling out my questionnaire ASAP!

3 Likes

I’m debating. I have been terrible at using my squares from the last round but the FOMO is real. Maybe just a couple partners…

6 Likes

pondering the number of partners vs time vs what to do with the charm/mini charm squares. Still pondering.

2 Likes

I was so inspired by the scrappy tote that @tendstowardschaos made…I definitely am going to use mine for that using her tutorial…BUT, I also loved the mini wall quilt made by @photojenn

I was gifted a tub full of charms so I have plenty to share!

Edited to add: I just saw that @Abbeeroad made a cute pouch out of some of the last round fabrics!!! Another inspiration!

5 Likes

I did! Using @Magpie’s awesome gift bag tutorial!

5 Likes

Remember: You won’t be adding anything to your stash. Nothing to take up more room. You’ll be receiving the same amount you send. You’ll just be changing up what’s in there… :innocent:

6 Likes

Not me, I will be cutting at least one of everything for myself, HA! I’m making cushion backs to use with the Grateful Dead blocks @sloth003 sent me so both side are groovy. & I LOVE the bag that @Abbeeroad made, definitely on my list!

2 Likes

As the recipient, I can attest that it’s gorgeous. It has me itching to make some more.

I made a scrappy scarf for Kwality570 last year that was a fun & practical use of little fabric scraps. I may need to make one for myself.

6 Likes

I see what you did here. Tagging me so I have to participate in my first LC swap…

7 Likes

I love seeing the bitties of fabric I sent in that lovely scarf. That’s half the fun of this, seeing what someone else makes with part of your stash!
I’m adding @AIMR’s hexie linen hand towels to my project list for this too, I love those.

Ya, @sloth003, everybody here wants into your fabric hoard, no lie.

5 Likes

Those are super cute!

1 Like

And you may be able to spot the blocks made from the mini charms I received. One I sent overseas got lost and an angel stepped in. Then months later it was returnned to me, so I had even more.

10 Likes

You guys are killing me with the overload of scrappy goodies!! I’ll take one of each…seriously…everything is just so beautiful!

4 Likes

Whhhaaaaaattttt? You haven’t been in an LC swap? OMG, the world is missing out!

7 Likes