Scrappy Mail Fabric Swap (Signups CLOSED; Sendouts 6/25)

Oh, wow. Well, y’all have eased my mind!

3 Likes

I have all my envelopes ready to go…I just have to STOP cutting! lol…

I am also sending out to some non-swappers as I have other things to send out.

I also saw a few envelopes in my Informed Delivery! YAY…oh, and I did get an envelope from @endymion but it was delivered to my neighbor (the one I try to avoid at all costs…)…she gave it to me on my way out yesterday, thank goodness, so I didn’t spend an hour of her gossiping about all of the Hispanic landscapers (including mine!)…ugh…I haven’t even opened it yet, but I will today!

4 Likes

I was just walking by the wall hanging I made with my scraps and admiring all of the fabrics. So much fun and inspiration in there! Did anyone else make anything with their scraps?

6 Likes

If this swap comes back around I’d 100% participate!

3 Likes

I sorted out some by color / style, all ready to make a pillow…. And then never made the pillow.

3 Likes

I made a big bag.

6 Likes

I did something with some of mine recently but I can’t share yet! I still have a lot…

6 Likes

I haven’t made anything yet, but there’s a serious plan. Inspired by @tendstowardschaos 's post a while back, I ordered handles for a knitting bag. All materials are gathered together in a project bag, I’m throwing scraps in it all the time, I’ve found fabric in stash for the lining. It’s not completed but I hope to do finish it this year.

2 Likes

I’ve been thinking about this swap lately and I’m with Tapestry. I’d love for this to run again!

4 Likes

Me too!

If people are interested I’m happy to run another round. How do you guys feel about timing? Last time we had two weeks to send, so that people could sort through scraps and find good things for their partners. Is that still a good turnaround time? Would you guys wish to do it now, or after Halloween, or after all the holidays?

4 Likes

Anytime works for me. I think 2 weeks is a good amount of time.

1 Like

Oh, and are you interested in it being the exact same? Sending 2.5" Mini Charm Squares? Or did you want to change it up and send 5" Charm Squares? I’m happy to do the Mini’s again, but I’d like to know what you guys would like to get. Of course, since a full size Charm is 4x the size of a Mini, you’d be getting less squares, but larger ones.

I’m fine on timing and either size works for me. This is an easy, low commitment swap so even if it butts up against holidays it’s still doable for me.

1 Like

Charms make for a nice scrappy 9 patch…I would rather get a larger size next round…I haven’t done a 9 patch in while…

2 Likes

Any time works for me, since there is nothing to actually craft. I’d probably get more use out of the larger charm size.

What if everyone sent one to everyone? The post office no longer lets you mail anything but paper at First Class rate, but we could probably sneak ONE piece into a card without anyone noticing. (The cheapest I can mail any non-flat thing now is $5+.)

1 Like

Do they mail it back to you? I always just pop mine in the mailbox and haven’t had any issues yet.

2 Likes

I usually go in person to the post office.

1 Like

Gotcha. I do for packages but not for letters. I think the last time we did this swap I used a 6x9” envelope with a single stamp.

2 Likes

@endymion — you mean with just First Class Letter rate of one stamp, right? Yeah, they are getting picky about that. I do use cardboard and figure that back in the day, people used to send photos, so I use that as a guide of how thick it can be.

I use PayPal’s shipstation so they usually warn me if I am screwing it up!

3 Likes