Scrappy Mail Fabric Swap (Signups CLOSED; Sendouts 6/25)

charm-squares

:scissors: :thread: :email: :scissors: :thread: :email: :scissors: :thread: :email: :scissors: :thread: :email: :scissors: :thread: :email: :scissors: :thread: :email: :scissors: :thread: :email: :scissors: :thread: :email:

Swap name: Scrappy Mail Fabric Swap :scissors: :thread: :email:
Lettuce Craft member who is organizing this swap: @MistressJennie
Sign-up date range: 6/3/22 - 6/10/22
Send out Date: 6/25/22

Limited to a certain number of people? No
Restricted to people who all live in the same country? No
Additional Age requirement? No

Swap Organizer herself meets these conditions:

Has fully read the Swap Info Guide: YES
Has successfully completed two swaps as a participant: YES
Is not organizing more than three swaps right now: YES
Will recruit a co-organizer or give all details to a Swap Moderator if this swap has more than 25 participants: YES
Is at least 18 years old: YES

Swap Organizer will check each participant to make sure they meet these conditions:

Has been a member for at least one month: YES
Has posted at least 15 times: YES
Has completed one swap successfully before signing up for multiple swaps at a time: YES
Is not currently signed up for more than five swaps: YES
Does not have any negative feedback: YES

Participant has agreed that he/she is at least 16 years old: YES

Has posted a comment in this thread and will check regularly for swap updates YES
If within the US, understands that Tracking number is required for this swap: YES
If outside the US, understands that a mailing receipt copy is required for this swap: YES

:scissors: :thread: :email: :scissors: :thread: :email: :scissors: :thread: :email: :scissors: :thread: :email: :scissors: :thread: :email: :scissors: :thread: :email: :scissors: :thread: :email: :scissors: :thread: :email:

SWAP REQUIREMENTS
-We are swapping 2.5" fabric squares, also called Mini Charm Squares, from quilting cotton fabric scraps in our stashes.

-There is no crafted component required for this swap.

-We are shipping via regular envelopes using a standard postage stamp, which covers 1-ounce of weight. Each package should contain a minimum of 10 Mini Charm Squares, but may include more if you wish, up to 1-ounce. (I tested with my kitchen scale and a few different greeting cards in my stash. A lighter weight card & envelope could take 26 fabric squares, to reach .95 ounces, while a heavier card & envelope could take 12 squares for the same .95 ounces.)

-Extras are not required or expected in this swap. If you choose to send them, or if you choose to send more/larger scraps, your partners are not required to reciprocate.

-For this swap you are allowed to have multiple swap partners. Since the requirements and shipping costs are so low, and since I expect this to be an overall small swap, I will allow folks to sign up for as many partners as they wish, up to 10.

:camera_flash: Since tracking numbers are not available for envelopes, swappers are required to take a picture of their packages as proof of sending.

IF YOU WANT TO PARTICIPATE, REMEMBER TO SEND YOUR INFO TO ORGANIZER VIA PRIVATE MESSAGE AND NOT TO REPLY WITH IT HERE.

Questionnaire
Name of swap: Scrappy Mail Fabric Swap :scissors: :thread: :email:
Lettuce Craft username:
Email address:
Your real name AND Mailing address including the country (written as it would appear on the envelope):

Are you at least 16 years old?
Have you read the entire swap information for this swap?
Have you met the Participant Conditions?
Have you checked in with the discussion thread?
Are you able to post pictures here of what you receive?

Are you willing to ship internationally? (Currently US First-Class international stamps cost $1.30.)

How many partners would you like to have?
What is the minimum number of Mini Charm Squares are you expected to ship to each partner?

LIKES & DISLIKES
Please remember, this is a SCRAP swap, so there are no promises on what you will receive, but partners are encouraged to think about their recipients likes and dislikes.

What colors would you most like to receive?
Are there any colors you actively dislike/don’t wish to receive?

What styles of prints are you most interested in? (brights, modern, neutrals, etc.)
Are there any fabric styles you don’t like or don’t wish to receive? (kids novelty prints, French country, etc.)

Is there a specific pattern you’re hoping to make with your Mini Charm Squares?

Is there anything else you’d like the organizer or your future partner(s) to know?

Participants:

1. @MistressJennie :us:
  2. @endymion :us:
  3. @tendstowardschaos :us:
  4. @marionberries :us:
  5. @Abbeeroad :us:
  6. @Immaculata :netherlands:
  7. @AIMR :us:
  8. @mellybelly81 :australia:
  9. @pioneer9 :us:
  10. @photojenn :us:

Partners

||MistressJennie|Sending To:|
|—|—|—|—|
|||endymion|
|||Immaculata|
|||AIMR|
|||pioneer9|
|||photojenn|

||endymion|Sending To:|
|—|—|—|—|
|||MistressJennie|
|||tendstowardschaos|
|||marionberries|
|||Abbeeroad|
|||Immaculata|
|||AIRM|
|||mellybelly81|
|||pionner9|
|||photojenn|

||tendstowardschaos|Sending To:|
|—|—|—|—|
|||endymion|
|||Abbeeroad|
|||Immaculata|
|||AIMR|
|||photojenn|

||marionberries|Sending To:|
|—|—|—|—|
|||endymion|
|||Immaculata|

||Abbeeroad|Sending To:|
|—|—|—|—|
|||endymion|
|||tendstowardschaos|
|||Immaculata|

||Immaculata :netherlands:|Sending To:|
|—|—|—|—|
|||MistressJennie|
|||endymion|
|||tendstowardschaos|
|||marionberries|
|||Abbeeroad|
|||AIMR|
|||mellybelly81|
|||pioneer9|
|||photojenn|

||AIMR|Sending To:|
|—|—|—|—|
|||MistressJennie|
|||endymion|
|||tendstowardschaos|
|||Immaculata|
|||pioneer9|
|||photojenn|

||mellybelly81 :australia: |Sending To:|
|—|—|—|—|
|||endymion|
|||Immaculata|

||pioneer9|Sending To:|
|—|—|—|—|
|||MistressJennie|
|||endymion|
|||Immaculata|
|||AIMR|
|||photojenn|

||photojenn|Sending To:|
|—|—|—|—|
|||MistressJennie|
|||endymion|
|||tendstowardschaos|
|||Immaculata|
|||AIMR|
|||pioneer9|

8 Likes

I’m away this weekend but will be signing up ASAP!

3 Likes

This looks fun!

I’m wondering if I’d be able to send some of my handwovens? They’re thicker than quilting cotton (I’d estimate between 1/8-1/16” inch) so they probably wouldn’t be able to be used interchangeably with quilting cottons.

6 Likes

Ooh, gotta sign up! I love scraps of fabric.

@photojenn, I know I would love squares of your woven fabrics. I could definitely find uses for them (and I don’t mean just hoarding them, lol).

7 Likes

What a fun swap! Will be signing up soon.

For the record, I would personally LOVE to receive some of @photojenn ’s handwovens… and I’d guess most other people feel the same.

7 Likes

Ooooh this looks fun!

A little question: officially, we’re not allowed to send anything that’s not made from paper in a regular envelope. I’ve been told at the post office that there’s a chance it would get destroyed by customs if it happens. To send scraps as a parcel it would cost like €10 so that wouldn’t be worth it.

So far it seems that any Happy Mail I’ve sent with fabric or teabags in them has arrived safely at it’s destination. Would you guys mind it if I just took the risk, and if it doesn’t arrive I’ll just send you a new one? I’ve got plenty of scraps anyway. I’ve cut all my scraps in standard sizes so this would be a great, low-effort but fun swap.

6 Likes

I’d love to have you join! Sounds good to me.

2 Likes

This is fun. I can’t wait to see what I get. I’m starting to imagine what I can create with mini squares.

3 Likes

I’ve been told the same thing in Canada, in fact, one lady refused to send my envelope unless it went as a parcel. I refused, went to a different post office, bought stamps, mailed and it arrived with no problems. I think it’s a scare tactic to make more money. There’s so much mail being sent I doubt one envelope with a bit of fabric would be noticed.

6 Likes

Lots of cards have stuff stuck on & in them, I consider those “paper” so logically… lol

2 Likes

It seems like everyone would love to receive some of your handwovens!

To the rest of the group at large: Outside of Jenn’s beautiful handwoven fabrics, the fabrics you send for this swap should all be quilting cottons. Things like cut up clothing (while cool) are not what should be sent.

I am fine with this, since you are willing to resend. Just be sure to take a photo of your envelopes, in case one goes missing, you have proof of sending so there’s not negative (even temporary negative) feedback.

When I sent my 2.5" squares to Abbee in December, I laid them out in rows across the greeting card, then lightly taped them in place, so there wouldn’t be one part of the envelope that would be thicker than any other part, so it wouldn’t get stuck in any of the mail sorting machines our post office uses. That might help you too!

Meanwhile I just added folks into the swap. If you sent me a questionnaire and I didn’t add you to the list in the first post, please let me know!

7 Likes

Yay!! I’ll sign up later this week when I get back home to my laptop.

4 Likes

I almost forgot to sign up! :sweat_smile: My Q is in! Can’t wait!

5 Likes

I just sent mine in as well!

Edit: I was looking for a gallery thread since it was mentioned in the Q, but I can’t find it. I suppose I’m an idiot and you meant this thread?

3 Likes

Yes, sorry. I cut & pasted portions of the starting post from another swap. My bad.

2 Likes

And then there were 7!

5 Likes

I have a bunch of scraps from other crafters, they are so much more interesting than my own scraps :slightly_smiling_face: I think I can fit this one in before I go on my trip.

4 Likes

Just sent in my questionnaire :slight_smile:

6 Likes

@photojenn, are you still thinking of joining us in this swap? @Cindy and @Magpie, how about you guys? Signups are supposed to end today, but I’m in no mad rush to close them. (In fact finding time to do partnering certainly won’t happen until tomorrow when DH is home to help with the baby.) Just let me know if I should be awaiting a questionnaire from you or not. :heart:

5 Likes

Thanks for the ping, will get my Q ready now!

Eta - just sent my Q!

4 Likes