Scrappy Mail Fabric Swap (Signups CLOSED; Sendouts 6/25)

I want to say yes but I promised to help my sister illustrate and self-publish a book for our aunt. I have to say no to swaps until we get it completed.
I will oogle your fabrics & try to keep the horrible, terrible envy at bay.

4 Likes

I have to pass but thanks for asking.

3 Likes

No problem friends!

1 Like

Well, I am going to cut some out for you anywayā€¦I need to destash! lol

4 Likes

Ok, Signups are officially closed. Iā€™m working on partnering now. Might take me a little while this morning.

I have preliminary partnering in the first post, but PLEASE ignore it until I can go back and double check it after I feed Ada. I want to make sure I have the complicated lists correct.

7 Likes

I canā€™t wait to get cutting! I am having surgery on my leg next week, so I will have about a week of low level activityā€¦watching movies and cutting fabrics will be great!

5 Likes

Ok, I double checked my lists, and it looks like everything is correct. You should all have your partners questionnaires now too. If youā€™re missing someoneā€™s questionnaire, that shows up on the list of folks you are supposed to send to, from the first post, please let me know.

3 Likes

Thanks for organizing this swap!

I think tonight thereā€™s a football (soccer) game on TV that Mr. Imma will want to see, so thatā€™s a good time to go through my bag of pre-cut scraps to see if thereā€™s anything in there that people might like! That will give me plenty of time to cut some more scraps next weekend, if necessary, and write and send all the envelopes.

2 Likes

Yay! Canā€™t wait to start matching scraps to partners.

2 Likes

I am completely addicted to making Frankenbagsā€¦they use a few panels of scraps as a starting point to make unique bags. I have made one so far and have another 20 or so pinned for inspiration. I have enough quilts so I will probably use these scraps to make smaller projects! It will be nice to have fabrics from friends!

5 Likes

Yay! How exciting!

Iā€™m so excited to sort through my fabrics now!

6 Likes

I canā€™t wait to see the gallery for this swap and I especially canā€™t wait to see what everyone ends up doing with their scraps!

3 Likes

Fun, I should have signed up for more partners, didnā€™t think about it too hard. But still fun! My problem will be limiting the amount I send. So many choices.

5 Likes

Hereā€™s our gallery!

4 Likes

Started sorting through my small scrap binā€¦not much in there, lotā€™s of triangle that I sorted and now can stitch up for starts and endings.
Next is the charm squares and random small/mediums. I seriously need to rethink my stash! I havenā€™t even started on the medium larges or the fat quarter boxes, or theā€¦

I am going to also give myself a stack of scrappy mail fabric to add to the swap goodies I receive.

5 Likes

Got all the scraps cut and assigned to the various swap partners. Now I just have to photograph them and package them up!

Do the pictures have to show all the scraps, or just the envelopes we are sending?

3 Likes

Just the envelopes! But youā€™re welcome to take pics of the scraps if you want.

3 Likes

I made a cheat sheet for each of my partners, and laid them out on my cutting table, then went through my already cut 2.5" squares and assigned some to each person. Then I went through my 2.5" strips, and picked out a few that specific folks would like and laid them out too, so I can cut them into squares. But before I could start cutting, Ada woke up and decided she would only be happy if she was blowing spit bubbles while Momma watched her. :breast_feeding:

10 Likes

Iā€™ll probably be sending out tomorrow. Everything was ready to go today, but car issues and appointments have required a small delay.

1 Like