Scrappy Patchwork Zip Pouch

I had these canvas pouches in my stash for a while and finally decided to put one to good use. Inspired by the Craft Stars Garage Sale, I embellished one of the pouches with a bunch of my hand-dyed fabric scraps. Then I just stitched all over them.

The macrame zip pull was one of those things that, once it came to me, I had to do it right away. I think I added it at like 11:00 at night after putting my kids to sleep. The wooden bead I had burned previously and was also in my stash.

I thought I was going to do traditional shashiko stitching at first, but I quickly realized I’m not an even enough stitcher for it to look like it’s supposed to. So I borrowed some techniques from TM patches.

It was super fun to make. :smile:

21 Likes

This is, as an old friend of mine used to say, DA BOMB! So cool. Love the colors, love the stitching, and love that macrame zip.

1 Like

That looks SO COOL!! I just want to fondle it!

1 Like

Wow! Your eye for color and texture is just marvelous. I love everything about your style. :heart::heart:

1 Like

Pretty!

1 Like

I love this look. :heart_eyes:

1 Like

LOVE THIS!! The white floss brings the whole thing together and I love how the variety of textures moves your eyes around the whole piece. So so cool!

2 Likes

YES!

YES part two! Excellent work!

1 Like

I’d never think to make a project like this, and that is what this community so great! Well done. So many eye catching things to see. And, when inspiration hits, it hits–even at 11pm.

3 Likes

This is perfection. Honestly, how wonderful is all that colour and the scrappiness and the stitches? Woo!

2 Likes

I like the combo of stitches, it make for a great final look!

1 Like

Thanks guys! :blush:

You have a great eye and I love your style!

1 Like

Oh, this is so pretty, scrappy and stylish!

Whenever I try to make something like this, it looks a 4 years old made that. :laughing:
I admire your stitching and your combination of stitches!

Great work! :orange_heart:

1 Like

This is scrappalicious!
I love the bits of hand dyed fabrics you used and the stitching.
It’s the whole slow cloth/boro style patches shebang!

2 Likes

I was so sad i missed this, but thrilled for where it went! Again, with the detailing - that’s where the money is! I just love scrappy stuffs! And your colors are supreme!

:metal:

1 Like

Amazing!

1 Like

That is lovely! Putting wood burned beads on my to craft list!

1 Like

Oh i love this so much!!! What a great functional piece of art!

1 Like

This is so beautiful, and so very YOU. Vibrant and homespun and handcrafted with love. And COLOR.

2 Likes