Scrappy Patchwork Pendant

After making my scrappy zipwork pouch, I knew I wanted to play more with some of the smaller scraps I have. I started with a little hoop and random scrap placement. Then, I just tacked everything down and turned it into a pendant. The tray and ball chain were in my stash. Yay for 2020 stash busting!

12 Likes

I just asked DH to paypal the necklace for me! I hope he makes it before anyone else does!!!

2 Likes

:dancer: doing the happy Snoopy dance

I’m the proud new owner of the scrappy patchwork pendant!

Whooooo-hooooo!!!

5 Likes

The colour combo and texture of this is delicious! Lucky Ladybugs! :beetle:

2 Likes

I love this so, so, so much! I don’t know how you got such teeny tiny patches. :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Haha. Yay you!! Glad it’s going to a good home. :smile:

3 Likes

And will be worn constantly! :+1:

2 Likes

I love your dye works, your tiny stitches and just the whole combo! How did you pull it back to fit in the pendant base? So beautiful!!

2 Likes

Such a beautiful little treasure.

2 Likes

I didn’t realize until just now that the scrappy pieces weren’t just glued down flat, but with some height. That makes it even cooler.

Congrats @LadybugsAndBees on snatching this beauty up!

3 Likes

There isn’t even any glue at all! Just stitches. It’s magical :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

4 Likes

There’s a piece of cardboard in there too. I wrapped the fabric around that and secured with a running stitch around the edge and pulled tight. Similar to a larger embroidery piece just around the cardboard instead of the hoop.

There’s some glue to attach it to the pendant tray and a little bit of mod podge in select spots to get the fabric to lay the way I wanted after I pulled it tight around the cardboard but the tiny pieces were definitely just stitched in place.

Thanks all! :blush:

4 Likes

Gorgeous scrappy pendant!
You’re inspiring me to make more stuff with my scraps of fabric :slight_smile:

2 Likes

This is awesome!

2 Likes