Scrappy Pocket Book / Organizer

My sticker hoard is getting out of control! And paper fodder is everywhere! I already have two small binders to keep stickers in, but it’s not enough any more… It would be easy to buy another one and fill it with more plastic sleeves, but I am trying to limit my plastic purchasing. So I decided to make a pocket book instead :slight_smile: After some trial and error I came up with this fun paper-fabric-hybrid book.

The pages are sturdy cardstock with more cardstock for pockets. Each page was cut in half and I added a fabric strip to each side. The fabric gave the pages some wiggle room and they work beautifully (before the pockets buckled horribly…).

Some random paper fodder and stickers were happy to volunteer for my photo shoot :wink:

Yes, the front and back covers have pockets too :wink:

A few pages have these higher bands to help keep tall things in place. And lots of different sizes and layered pockets.

And the rest of the pages ready to fill! Please forgive the picture overload :sweat_smile:

Everything was machine stitched in place and then I hand bound the pieces together. It came together much quicker than I thought after hitting my first big snag. And I love the feel of the fabric on the spine :heart: It’s quite scrappy right now with threads hanging out but I kinda like it so I might not trim them. This pocket book will probably be for random paper embellishments. I plan to make a few more now that I’ve made one :slight_smile: (I still need at least one for stickers!)

Thanks for looking! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Here’s my tutorial too: Scrappy Pocket Book / Organizer *Tutorial :kissing_heart:

32 Likes

What a nifty way to keep things organized!

1 Like

Both pretty and practical!!

1 Like

It is beautiful! Wonderful job!

1 Like

I love it! What a great idea. It turned out lovely.

1 Like

Love it and yes, paper + fabric = great books!

2 Likes

What a great idea… this is awesome!

1 Like

This is fantastic! So innovative!

1 Like

What a great idea. It’ll be so much fun to look through it and see the little pieces peeking out. :slight_smile:

1 Like

What a lovely way to store supplies!

1 Like

Oh my goodness! This is wonderful!

1 Like

Thank you everyone! I started organizing some things into it and i have to say I really enjoy just holding it and flipping through. I know how my next ones will be slightly different and I’m looking forward to starting them! I might even try to make a tutorial (or maybe a zoom class?) once I perfect the process :heart:

3 Likes

Neat! I love how it has both a distinct scrappy-homemade feel, and a sense of true craftsmanship too.

1 Like

Thank you :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Such a neat way to organize your scraps and ephemera! I really like that you used paper for most of it, but used fabric for the binding. I bet it makes it more durable that way.

2 Likes

Brilliant and fun solution to organizing the stickers!

2 Likes

So smart!

1 Like

I love projects like this. I feel that having such a fun organizer would inspire me to be more organized, as well as inspire me to create :blush:. I also really like the sewn paper look. Good thinking with the scraps on the side to add a little more space in between pages!

If you happen to have plastic page protectors lying around, you can make some pockets out of them as well so you can see the stickers in the pocket. So many possibilities!

1 Like

:hotdog: Hot diggity dog! Your awesome craft is one of this week’s Featured Projects! Congratulations!!! :tada:

1 Like

Thank you :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like