Seasoning Blends w/Recipes (Great last minute holiday gifts!)

A quick and easy last minute holiday gift! Or rather, a pile of last minute holiday gifts. After making my FIL a set of Pirate Potholders & Seven Seas Trivet, I decided to whip up some seasoning blends to go along with them. I got a set of 12 4-oz Mason jars, along with fresh bottles of some of the spices required, during a recent Target curbside pickup. After just an hour in the kitchen, I had 12 jars of seasoning blends; 3 Cajun, 2 Jerk, 2 Ranch, 1 Taco, 2 BBQ, and 2 Mediterranean. The labels were printed on Avery 2.5" printable Kraft labels that were in my stash, using their online editor. FIL got one of each blend, and the rest went in my gift pile for friends and neighbors.

Love my super great way of keeping track of what jar was filled with what, before I made labels? In case you’d like to make your own, I’ve included the recipes below.

Cajun Seasoning (Makes 3 4-oz Mason jars)
4 T fine sea salt
1 T thyme
2 T oregano
3 T paprika
3 T smoked paprika
2 T cayenne pepper
2 T onion powder
4 T garlic powder
2 T black pepper
2 T white pepper

Jerk Seasoning (Makes 2 4-oz Mason jars)
4 tsp fine sea salt
2 T garlic powder
2 T onion powder
2 tsp minced onion
1 tsp cumin
4 tsp smoked paprika
1 tsp red pepper flakes
2 tsp allspice
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp nutmeg
4 tsp cayenne pepper
2 T brown sugar
1 T parsley
2 tsp black pepper

Ranch Seasoning (Makes 2 4-oz Mason jars)
1 T fine sea salt
3 T parsley
3 T chives
3 T dill
2 T garlic powder
2 T onion powder
2 T minced onion flakes
1 1/2 tsp black pepper

Taco Seasoning (Makes 1 4-oz Mason jars)
2 tsp fine sea salt
2 T chili powder
4 tsp cumin
2 tsp coriander
1 tsp onion powder
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp oregano
1 tsp smoked paprika
1/2 tsp black pepper

BBQ Seasoning (Makes 2 4-oz Mason jars)
2 T fine sea salt
2 T chili powder
2 T garlic powder
2 T onion powder
2 T smoked paprika
2 T brown sugar
2 tsp celery salt
2 tsp dry ground mustard
2 T black pepper

Mediterranean Seasoning (Makes 2 4-oz Mason jars)
4 T basil
4 T oregano
2 T fine sea salt
2 T parsley
2 T minced dried onion
2 T chives
2 tsp black pepper

Just for fun, here’s a better pic of the pot holders and the trivet I made him. The fabrics were from stash. Skull and crossbones because he likes pirates, and the blue was a mix of leftover 1.5" strips from some quilts, and the binding was binding left from the same quilts. I thought it looked like water and made a fun contrast.

17 Likes

What a great gift for a family cook! And a nice variant of the on-hand gift stash to boot!

3 Likes

The seasonings sound delicious! The package looks fantastic as a whole.

2 Likes

This is a stellar gift idea! Thank you for those recipes- I may be referring back to this post again very soon! :grin:

1 Like

You have such great gift ideas. Thanks for sharing recipes; these are bound to be hits!

1 Like

This is a great gift! And Im so glad you are sharing the recipes! I will try this for next year, or maybe just some lovely gift when I feel like it! :smiley:

You have made such a nice package of the spices too!

1 Like

Very nice gifts! I love consumable items, they bring delicious joy (in reusable containers even!) & don’t add to household clutter. Perfect items, beautifully presented.

1 Like

This is an excellent gift idea!! I bought a local Italian blend for my mom & grandma this year…I didn’t even think about making it myself. Genius.

1 Like

:bell: :bellhop_bell: :bell: Ring-a-ding-ding! Your cool craft is one of this week’s Featured Projects! :bell: :bellhop_bell: :bell:

1 Like

This is an amazing gift! Thank you for sharing the recipes

1 Like

Your presentation is so professional looking! It is so great that you personalized this with things needed to make goodies throughout the year!

1 Like

Does the big T mean a tablespoon? Or is it some other measurement that Im not aware of? :slight_smile: I will try and make this for xmas this year.

Yes, big T is always Tablespoon, and teaspoon is always tsp.

1 Like