Secret Santa Wishlist swap discussion & gallery

Questions, discussion, pictures of gifts received, and general misleading sneakiness for the Secret Santa Wishlist Swap goes here! Join the fun!

6 Likes

How exciting! Thank you for being the Person In Charge!

3 Likes

This was really fun the last time I participated on the “dead site.” My current swaps are starting to end, so I might be able to do this one. I’ll think about it.

2 Likes

Yay, join us! :grin:

Just sent in my questionnaire; this seems fun. :smiley:

2 Likes

Oh, I hope I can join here… I had so much fun with these crafts… Already started to organize my whishlist :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’m kind of a one trick pony with crochet. I am pretty skilled though - do you think this swap would be good for someone like me?

6 Likes

Just sent in my Q! Going to be a squeeze with all the crafting for family, but always worth it!

2 Likes

Hmmm… definitely debating this one, even though I told myself “no more swaps before Christmas…”

3 Likes

Why not! Not everyone crochets, so this is an awesome way to share some yarn love!

5 Likes

You get to pick what you claim for whom, so you can definitely pick crochet-friendly gifts!

3 Likes

YES!! It’s especially good because you can browse lists of all kinds of things people are interested in receiving, and just make crochet claims. It is also helpful that participants will sometimes have certain themes or types of items that could be made in many ways (toys, wall art, accessories, etc.).
(Oops, my browser didn’t refresh so I didn’t see your question was answered already. But consider this another vote of confidence!)

4 Likes

Just put to your description page that you can crochet, and then the others will keep crocheted items on their list. I already started to look after … I cannot crochet or knit well… :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks you guys! That does make me feel better and I did read the description again and it looks like you only need to claim one person to get positive feedback so if one of you all have a crocheted item I am on it. Also if you have an online pattern you can link on your wish list I can make exactly what you want!

I’m still getting used to swaps - I just completed the swap the shop and in the original swap post we had our shops and then any questions or updates to our shops would go into the discussion. I’m assuming we have descriptions of ourselves and our wish lists in the original swap post (after approval from moderators) and then any questions or updates would go on this thread. Yes?

4 Likes

I’m gonna fill out my info now! I love this swap!

3 Likes

Yes, the main thread is all wishlists, with round-up info in the second post, and everything else goes here!

1 Like

You could include your friends’ and family’s wishlists, and then if someone wants to make something from those wishlists it will be one less gift you have to make or buy for that person. And that’s time you can spend relaxing, or crafting for you or your LC friends instead :wink: Just a thought. Do what’s right for you!

4 Likes

Thanks you guys! I just posted my list - if you see something weird, nudge me, I probably don’t know what I am doing.

Um. Also. Really bizarre that the first three people to post are Portland homies.

4 Likes

Well, I broke the Portland streak - Pittsburgh here! :wink: I am making myself send out my OWS claim before I claim here, but I’m mentally planning my claim strategy…

4 Likes

You’ve got a couple days to think about it, since claims don’t actually start until Nov 1 (tho… you can always have things packed up and ready to slap an address on when we open! :wink:)

3 Likes