COMPLETE: Secret Santa Wishlist Swap (sign-ups 10/25-11/10, send by 11/30)

Only wishlists in this thread – Gallery & discussion thread is here!
Swap name: Secret Santa Wishlist Swap 2020
Craftster member who is organizing this swap: @thanate
Co-organizer: @calluna
Sign-up date range: Oct 25-Nov 10
Send by/claiming closes: Nov 30

Limited to a certain number of people? (optional): no, the more the merrier!
Restricted to people who all live in the same country? Heck no!

Swap Organizer herself meets these conditions:

(toggle for organizer credentials)

Has fully read the Swap Info Guide: YES
Has successfully completed two swaps as a participant: YES
Is not organizing more than three swaps right now: YES
Will recruit a co-organizer or give all details to a Swap Moderator if this swap has more than 25 participants: YES
Is at least 18 years old: YES

Swap Organizer will check each participant to make sure they meet these conditions:

(toggle for participant requirements)

Has been a member for at least one month: YES/NO
Has posted at least 15 times: YES/NO
Has completed one swap successfully before signing up for multiple swaps at a time: YES/NO
Is not currently signed up for more than five swaps: YES/NO
Does not have any negative feedback: YES/NO
Participant has agreed that he/she is at least 16 years old: YES/NO

Has posted a comment in the discussion thread and will check regularly for swap updates YES/NO
If within the US, understands that Delivery Confirmation number is required for this swap: YES/NO
If outside the US, understands that a mailing receipt copy is required for this swap: YES/NO

Details of swap:
Do you…

• have at least as much fun giving as receiving?
  • need small gifts for family, friends or coworkers?
  • delight in sneaky, anonymous acts of kindness?
  • collect handmade goods to donate to a charity?
  • miss getting together online with your LettuceCraft swap pals?

If any of these sound like you, then JOIN THE SECRET SANTA WISHLIST SWAP!! All are welcome, whatever holidays or observances you might be into, and wherever you are in the world.

In this swap, you won’t know who is sending to you. Plus, there’s practically no limit to how many people you might receive from, and you can send to multiple people. And only the organizers (and one swap mod) knows the true identities of all these crafty elves!!

The minimum package to each person is 2 small items, or 1 medium.
”Small” and “medium” refer to time/effort or price, not actual physical size of item. What qualifies as a small item?
By time: About an hour (this is my own definition, not the usual one, because I am very slow!)
By size: Earrings, pendant, wallet, pouch, bookmarks, magnets, headband, simple hand-carved stamp, toy for pets
By price: $10 or less

If you want to participate, here is the information to send to @thanate and @calluna (please put “[your username]-Secret Santa 2020 signup” as the subject):

QUESTIONNAIRE TO ANSWER:
Name of swap:
Lettuce Craft username:
Email address:
Your real name:
Mailing address including the country:
Would you be willing to ship to an address outside your own country?
Confirm that are at least 18 years old (yes/no)
Have you read and understand all the rules and details?
Do you have a camera to take pictures of your presents?
Can you list at least 5 crafted items and/or supplies on your wishlist? (If you don’t have 5 for yourself, you can also list things for your loved ones, things to be abandoned as random acts of kindness, things to donate to charitable causes, etc.)
If there are clothing items on your list, what are the measurements and or sizes?
Is there anything else you would like your Secret Santa to know, which you don’t want to publicize to the world on your wishlist? (I’ll pass the info along only to the people who claim you)

IF YOU WANT TO PARTICIPATE, REMEMBER TO SEND YOUR INFO TO ORGANIZER VIA PRIVATE MESSAGE AND NOT TO REPLY WITH IT HERE.

Also remember to read the Swap Info Guide to find out how to ship your item and other details about participating in a swap.

How this Swap Works

Please post a little something in the Discussion/Gallery weekly to let everyone know you’re still on board, even if you haven’t sent/received during the week.

First, you send in your swap questionnaire, and after I verify that you are eligible, I will respond to you within 48 hours and add the swap to your profile. Then, you’ll post your wishlist in this thread. An index of everyone’s wishlists will be in the second post.

What to post on your wishlist:
DO NOT POST YOUR LIST UNTIL YOU HAVE BEEN APPROVED.

• Write a mini bio including what country you are in, allergies/aversions, and preferences in colors, themes, patterns, etc.
  • Add links to any online favorites, wishlist(s), or relevant info you’re comfortable sharing with us, such as Ravelry, Pinterest, and/or your blog.
  • If you are requesting items for a charity, please share a link to that charity so we can learn more and potentially spread the word.
  • If you would be okay with duplicates of a certain item, or a package of only supplies, please make note of that.
  • You must list at least 5 crafted items on your list. You can include “large” items, art/craft supplies, and non-crafted extras in your wishlist, but the majority should be small and medium crafted items, and there should be no grumblings if you do not receive a large item or extras.

How to claim:

1. Browse through everyone’s wishlists and friendly-stalk participants for ideas and affinities. Check the “Still Needs a Secret Santa” list to make sure everyone is getting claimed at least once.
  2. If you want to send to someone but aren’t certain you can get it done, just let the organizers know that you’re planning it. You can wait to put in a formal claim until you’re ready to send, if that makes things easier for you.
  3. When you’re ready to be a Secret Santa for someone: PM the organizer with “[your username] Secret Santa-claim for [username of who you’re claiming]” as the subject. Include in the body of the message who you want to claim, and what you plan to send them.
  4. If approved, you will receive the person’s swap questionnaire with mailing address and a code-name for that claim.
  5. Start crafting, or if you have finished crafting, take that awesomeness to the post office!

More about claims:

• Claiming goes through November 30. The sooner you send, the sooner you can claim more people. No matter what date you claim someone, the send-out deadline is the same. Once you PM the organizers confirmation of mailing a package, you may claim another person.

• Established swappers may claim up to 3 people at a time.

• first-time swappers may claim 2 at a time after their 1st package has been sent with tracking confirmation.

• There is no limit to how many times each person can be picked, but each person will be picked at least once.

• No participant may be claimed more than once until everyone currently signed-up has been selected at least once. Please post your wishlist in a timely manner when you are approved for the swap so the elves can get to work!

• If you are claiming one of the organizers, please only pm the other organizer! :wink:

• You need to be a Secret Santa to at least one person to receive positive feedback.

Crafted and requested items do not have to be holiday-themed. Regardless of whether the things you send are connected to the holiday season, the idea is to make these packages truly presents and be festive. Thus, you’re requested to do what you can to make the package special and relevant to the individual’s preferences.

Sending and Receiving:
*You must PM organizers when you have sent and received, and include your username in the subject line. With all the anonymity, communication is extra-important in this swap. Definitely include the tracking number when sending, and any secret code by which you may have identified yourself on the package. Do not PM the person you send to, because that will spoil the surprise! (if you are claiming/sending to one of the organizers, just notify the other one!)

*Organizers will PM participants when they have a package on the way (based on the messages we receive from Secret Santas who have shipped packages).

*Please, please, please share photos once you’ve opened your gift! In addition to the usual reasons why it’s important, it may also preserve the sanity of your organizer in the crazy process of keeping track of who has sent and received what.

Other burning questions?
PM the organizes or ask in the Discussion thread. Welcome aboard, and let the merriment begin!

7 Likes

Participants:
@fishstix43 wishlist (made 2 excellent claims!)
@Rlynn wishlist (made 2 fantabulous claims!)
@thanate wishlist (made 4 thrilling claims!)
@kittykill wishlist (made 2 classy claims!)
@susieoregon wishlist (made 5 fantastic claims!)
@grabacoffee wishlist (made 4 glorious claims!)
@calluna wishlist (made 3 awesome claims!)
@roler wishlist (made 3 glamorous claims!)
@lifeinpigtails wishlist (made 2 lovely claims!)
@PrincessP wishlist (made 2 exciting claims!)
@Lynx wishlist (made 3 amazing claims!)
@Fonduie wishlist (made 2 brilliant claims!)
@Tapestry wishlist (made 2 super claims!)
@CatwithSevenToes wishlist (made 2 ingenious claims!)
@jemimah wishlist (made 2 beautiful claims!)
@Annchen wishlist (made 1 superb claim!)
@WingsoftheWind wishlist (made 2 superb claims!)
@HeroicHatchling wishlist (made 1 glitteriffic claim!)
@Nou wishlist (made 1 glamtastic claim!)

ALL HAVE BEEN CLAIMED!

4 Likes

CLAIMS!!!
(swapper-- clamed by [codename])
Bold claims are in transit!
:gift: will be added to received claims
:sparkling_heart: for those whose packages have all been received

:sparkling_heart: fishsticks43–Santa Baby:gift: , Fall-blooming Aster :gift:
:sparkling_heart: Rlynn–Kitchenette:gift:, Little Teapot:gift:, Caticorn:gift:.
:sparkling_heart: thanate–Strudel,:gift: Crackle:gift:, Rudolph :gift:
:sparkling_heart: kittykill–The Decorator:gift: , Hounds of Winter:gift:, Big Spender:gift:.
:sparkling_heart: susieoregon–Treasure:gift:, Crumpets:gift:, Careful Stockings :gift:
:sparkling_heart: grabacoffee–ParappaDaRappa:gift:, Alaska:gift:.
:sparkling_heart: calluna–Equinox:gift:, Glitterati:gift:.
:sparkling_heart: roler–Holiday Event:gift:, Horizon:gift:, Parson Brown:gift:.
:sparkling_heart: lifeinpigtails–M Mysterious:gift:, John James Audubon:gift:, Twinkle:gift:.
:sparkling_heart: PrincessP–Garden Party:gift:, Shopping Spree:gift:, Marsupial :gift:
:sparkling_heart: Lynx2Lancer–Fancy Plates:gift: , Stocking Stuffer:gift:, Cookie Press :gift:
:sparkling_heart: Fonduie–Kettledrum:gift:, Cake or Death:gift:, Book Pocket:gift:,
:sparkling_heart: Tapestry–Charisma:gift:, Stripey Sweater(replacement :gift: arrived) , Patchwork Girl :gift:
:sparkling_heart: CatwithSevenToes–Gallery Opening:gift:, Abominable Snowcreature :gift:
:sparkling_heart: Jemimah-- Stitch in Time :gift: , Spring Ephemeral :gift:
:sparkling_heart: Anchen–Winter Books:gift:, Sneaky Elf :gift:
:sparkling_heart: WingsoftheWind–Unicorn Noodles:gift:, Busy Bee :gift:
:sparkling_heart: HeroicHatchling–Glitter Fairy:gift:, Gingerbread House :gift:
:sparkling_heart: Nou–Maybe Dragon:gift:, Sticks and String :gift:

3 Likes

Hi! I’m Robin. I live in Portland Oregon, USA with my partner and my son, 2 dogs, and 2 tarantulas. I’m an assistant professor of Public Health and I do research on substance use disorders, harm reduction, and stigma.

I like social justice, insects and bugs, cats, spiders, bats, skulls, buttons, jewel tone colors, I also like brown, black, grays, and mustard yellow. My favorite color is teal but I wear mostly black.

My son is a Hufflepuff apparently; he’s into BTS, trans pride, spiders, sneks, and painting. My partner is into cooking, video games, puns, Star Wars, and gardening.

My Pinterest board and Etsy wishlist are up to date. They both include supply dreams as well. Anything inspired by items on either would be loved. Exact replicas not necessary.

Crafted wishes
Multiples of any item listed below are fine unless otherwise stated.

• jewelry (necklaces or earrings)
  • dog stuffies/toys
  • Artwork or patches (for my jacket) with social justice themes particularly BLM, transgender rights/trans joy, harm reduction
  • Infinity scarves
  • Pot holders
  • Tassel charms like these found on Pinterest
  • fun fridge magnets
  • Face scrubbies
  • stamps (bugs, flowers, leaves, something else?)
  • Cards for sending to friends/family
  • Harry Potter ties (all houses but Gryffindor) for Elliott - I suppose 1 tie per house is all he needs. :smiley:
  • Hufflepuff stuff for Elliott
  • Pinterest surprise

Non-crafted goods

• Fat quarters and larger of cotton fabric in solids and with small prints (floral, polka dots, stripes, animals)
  • Sponge brushes
  • acrylic paint
  • fine tip paintbrushes for acrylic painting
  • Black sharpies
  • The child & partner love candy
  • I love coffee and black tea
2 Likes

I’m Pam. I live in the Pacific Northwest with my husband who owns a vintage collectible toy store and my three dogs: Maisy, Iggy and Monty. I work part-time as an assistant for a forensic psychologist and I’m going back to school in September for Computer Science. I turned 50 this year although I’m sure I’m still 25 and it is just a typo on my birth certificate. I love everything vintage up to the 1950’s. I am ready for fall and winter! I love every type of music, really bad 1950’s B horror movies, Disney’s Haunted Mansion, dolls, crows, vintage Halloween and Christmas

Thanks to anyone who chooses me!
Crafty items:
A crafted item(painting, collage) of my dogs
Any surprise from my pinterest board ([https://www.pinterest.com/kittykill/ ]
Anything with crows (painting, print, collage, stuffed animal)
Anything with Snow White
Bath bombs, bath salts
Barrettes for my hair
blank cards (to use in swap packages and penpals)
vintage Christmas crafty stuff
Felt dolls
pincushion
handmade twine (see pinterest for ideas)
Blank journals to write in
calorimetry
Fleece pj bottoms (size m-l)
needle minders
sock yarn (I just got a sock loom)

Misc:
Vintage tea cups
Enamel pins
Etsy or Amazon gift cards
Any books from my pinterest list
Jigsaw puzzles! I love them!
Something special from your hometown (candy, tea, whatever your hometown is known for)

For others in my life:
An enamel pin board for my husband. He love monsters and toys
Rope toys for the dogs

2 Likes

Hi, I’m Susie and live in the historic neighborhood of Garden Home in Portland, OR - I work for an older adult program that supports family caregivers and lead support groups on dealing with grief & loss and death cafes. I am currently studying childhood traumatic stress, complex trauma and trauma-informed care.

I love anything Edward Gorey, Elvira - Mistress of the Dark, Bride of Frankenstein, Stephen King (Misery, Carrie, The Shining, IT), Brian Froud type fairy things, the public library, PBS, tarot, historic homes & buildings, pioneer cemeteries, outdoor bird feeding and gardening (indoor & out). I love bright colors, but I also love black & white.

Recycled, reused and thrift items encouraged!

Crafted Items:

• Sewing machine cover.
  • Handmade or any fun postcards to send to friends
  • Art - any size, but I do have a nice frame measuring 15" x 19.5" - so something smaller that I could put a mat around would be awesome.
  • Dog toy for large English Yellow Lab.
  • Small decorative bags for crystals.
  • Decorative covers for throw pillows measuring 20"x20" or for bed pillows.
  • Decorative plant stakes for indoor plants.
  • Incense - stuff for baths, lotions, essential oils, stuff for curly hair, lip balm, candles, wax melts - I love scented items.
  • 2021 Wall Calendar
  • I always wanted one of those beaded chains to attach to your glasses
  • Decorative boxes or tins
  • Taxidermy items for curio cabinet
  • Friendship bracelets
  • Stationery and envelopes, I love writing letters
  • Kitchen towels, any theme, love bright colors in the kitchen
  • Cozy lap blankets for home office and living room chair
  • Dog blanket for human bed (something light with tighter stitches so he won’t get his claws stuck in it and it won’t take up much room in the washer. Also lighter colors would be great - he is yellow and his fur shows up bad on dark fabric.)

I would love multiples of anything except the calendar. :heart:

Misc.:

• Beads
  • Seeds for flowers or plants that will grow well in zone 8b
  • Watercolor items - paper, brushes, paints.
  • Writing pen
  • Yarn - neat crochet hooks
  • Small ceramic pots with drainage hole if possible.
  • Fabric quarters
  • Black or herbal teas
  • Something unique to your region
  • Anything old and weird.
  • Anything I can glue or tape into a collage journal
  • Vintage or interesting women’s watches - ok if they need a battery or minor repair. That is one of my hobbies!

Thank you so much to anyone who chooses me! You can view my small Etsy wishlist here.

2 Likes

Hi! I’m Alicia! I’m a technical project manager and a huge gaming nerd, currently living in Pittsburgh, PA. I live with my husband and our two cats.

Likes: lots of color! (teal is my favorite), science (especially chemistry), daffodils, video games (I love Luigi, Pokemon, and have recently gotten really into Fallout), fantasy themes, celestial stuff

Dislikes: Overly pink and cutesy (with the exception of decoden) or super goth aesthetic. Also, the color orange (it’s fine in small amounts, just don’t generally like it as the main color) and animal prints.

In general, I am totally good with surprises, so don’t feel like you have to stick to anything too closely unless you’d like to, or if you think of something not listed here that it seems like I might like or that you love to make, go for it! I am also a big fan of reuse/sustainability, so all good with half-used supplies, repurposed fabric, etc.

Crafts
Anything from or inspired by my pinterest would be loved. The most relevant boards are “Swap Wishlist" and “Crafts for DJ” (my husband), but if there’s something on another board that inspires you, go for it! My etsy favorites are mostly supplies, but there are a few crafted ideas as well.

• Homemade lotions/body butters for very dry skin
  • Tie-dyed anything!
  • Superhero swag (clothes, accessories, bags, pins - anything I can wear!) - Favorites are She-Hulk and Beast from X-men
  • Homemade candles/incense/wax melts - I really love smelly stuff!
  • Small but interesting stud earrings - I have double piercings if you’re into matching sets.
  • Small garden decorations - I have a rock bed on the side of my house that I am trying to slowly fill with painted rocks, garden gnomes, etc.
  • Garden flags - My holder is designed for ~12 x 18" flags. These could be seasonal, prayer flags, abstract, pretty much anything you’d like to make!
  • Anything inspired by my favorite movies: The 10th Kingdom and the Back to the Future series.
  • Non-traditional wreaths - any season/holiday/theme

Extras

• Fabric scraps for quilting: ~2” square or larger
  • Crafty magazines - sewing, yarny, cross stitch - don’t have to be current
  • Gel pens for coloring
  • Black or herbal teas

Thanks in advance to my Secret Santa! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hello! My name is Eszter. I am living in Hungary (Europe) with my husband and 2 kids (9 and 2 years old boys). I am working as a business analyst in IT industry during the days, and as a felt crafter at nights. :slight_smile: Life is crazy here with kids and lockdown, but we are trying to enjoy our life in a big house with garden. I am running on coffee and books; more likes and dislikes below :wink:

My whishlist (will try to add more things on the go):
Sewn items:

• Drawstring bags (big ones, if possible), like this
  • Fabric baskets, like this
  • project bag, like this or this
  • reusable snack bags, like this
  • food bags, like this or this or this
  • These funny bags
  • These small zippers
  • Reusable sponges, like these
  • this thing for the car, or this one
  • headband like this
  • hip bags like these (black or grey :))
  • home slippers, like these or these
  • car carrier for kids, like this

Stenciled things:

• Funny shirts, bags from this board (woman size S)

Things to do with paper:

• Bookmarks (themes are. Toothless dragon, Hobbit, Lord of the Rings, Star Wars, MichaelJordan, Coffee)
  • Handmade postcards (Christmas theme without any religion things on it, Easter ones, friendship ones for kids)
  • watercolor art from Hobbit or LOTR (have a few on my wall already from the best Craftster friends already :))

Signs (also stenciled or painted maybe?):

• Like this, or anything similar… you can check my board for my favorite :slight_smile:

Jewelries, also from this board

• my biggest wish would be this stamped one

Knitted or crocheted things:

• baby hat, like this (for a 2year old boy)

Extra-supplies:

• I have a shiny new Cricut Maker, so anything you think would work with that, more than welcome. It’s hard to get any supplies in Hungary for that.
  • Nice stamps @ supplies for that
  • Sharpies, watercolor or calligraphy supplies

Long list, right? Well, here is the board itself without any organization, so if you even want to sew me a dress, you can find my style here: https://hu.pinterest.com/grab_a_coffee/whislist/
A few things about me and the recipents, in case you simply want to surprise us:
about me: wearing black and grey things most of the time, size S things. I hate cold, so warm things are awesome. Love reading, especially Tolkien books, so anything is themed with dwarves, elves or hobbits are awesome here. :slight_smile:
about my kids:

• my 2 year old like Winnie the Pooh movies and series the most, so anything would work for him with them :slight_smile: He also a car-addicted guy, so any toys your kids left behind would also work - but I need your personal touch on those - e.g. repainted hotweels, or whatever :))
  • my 9 year old: likes Hobbit and LOTR the most, also likes Starwars (but only the good guys haha!), and everything which is OLD. He is a great fan of Storage Wars, so old stamps, vintage letters, papers, whatever not so pricey are more than welcome!

Thank you so much for reading - I’ll try to add more things… I already started to craft something for some of you :wink:

2 Likes

Hello! I’m Laura, and I currently live with my parents in Washington state. Last December I moved back to the states after living for 15 years in Japan, and planned to spend a few months at Mom and Dad’s, and then move to my own place in Seattle… and then Covid happened. I’m a video game translator for Pokémon, working from home for now until it’s safe to move to Seattle and nearer the office. My main passions are crafting, gaming, and music. I love all sorts of games, from video games to tabletop and playing cards… but maybe not so much sports.

My wishlist:

• WALL ART! In particular I would love non-paper art, such as mini quilts, embroidery, hoopla, etc.
  • Useful items for around the house. I try not to collect knick-knacks because I don’t have room for stuff.
  • Accessories: I am allergic to most metals except silver and gold (not a problem for non-wearables though), and like chunky pendants and large-ish hook earrings, as well as fun scarves and hats (my head is HUGE)
  • TM patches
  • ATCs
  • Christmas ornaments
  • Accessories for my plushies, as seen on Instagram @katsuyukimoray . I can provide measurements for any of my plushies on there if needed!
  • warm fuzzy slippers that go up over the ankles (women’s US 9.5, narrow)
  • duck decorations for my parents (ducks native to Washington state preferred) (herons, coots, loons, Canada geese also OK!)

Themes:

• bright, bold colors, earth tones, jewel tones
  • Animals: moray eel, shoebill stork, octopus, giraffe, frog, ginger cat, angler fish, other weird sea creatures, guinea pig, degu, capybara
  • Pokémon: Eelektrik, Pikachu, Diglett, Snorlax, Sobble, Torchic, Furret, Tangela, many many others :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
  • medieval manuscript style art/lettering/bestiary creatures (non-humanoid), Book of Kells aesthetic
  • Games: D&D, Carcassonne, Ticket to Ride, Catan, Code Names, Balderdash, Boggle
  • Video Games: Persona 3/4/5, Final Fantasy XIV, chocobos, controllers, Disgaea, Terraria, Stardew Valley, Tetris,
  • Animal Crossing (Boomer, Blathers, Nook nephews, Sabel, Flick, octopus characters, Genji)
  • Shakespeare, esp. Much Ado About Nothing
  • youkai (Japanese monsters, not characters from Youkai Watch)
  • Seattle/Washington State
  • Crafting themed (sewing, crochet)

Extras:

• craft supplies
  • candy (no nuts or coffee, please!)
  • game stuff
  • your favorite recipes
  • your favorite music

Please AVOID: NSFW, violent/gory, politically conservative, scented, religious (but traditional Christmas, like Santa/snowmen, etc. is fine), coffee, nuts, red wine (allergic!).

You may also peruse my pinterest for ideas, but please keep in mind that I haven’t curated it much for years, so my interests may have changed a lot; might be best to steer clear of specific fandoms if I didn’t mention them here, as my interest may have waned in the meantime :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: https://www.pinterest.com/theroler

Sorry that got so long!

3 Likes

Hi, I’m Ann, in Maryland (US), introvert mother of a little extrovert 7yo, maker of stuff especially machine embroidery. Allergic to tobacco (please don’t send unwashables if someone in your house smokes.) No earrings or strong scents, please. Reused/thrifted/recycled/etc supplies always encouraged if you have them, including for shipping.

colors etc for me: anything nature-inspired especially dark greens and wild woods or paleoart themes. My 7yo daughter is super fond of pink, floral anything, gold, purple, MLP, and all animals past & present. My spouse is mostly a blue/gray/black sort of person.

Wishes!

*anything off my swap pinterest

*placemats! sets of 3-4 or one-offs for my kid who goes through them faster. (co-ordinating rather than matching sets are great) There are a bunch of ideas on my pinterest, but have fun— seasonal nature, abstract fun, Halloween, etc, but prefer no other holidays please.

*Sturdy magazine holders-- I like this one or something with a little lower front so it’s easier for kid-use

*we can always use more reusable snack bags.

*I would love a Krampus stocking (X-mas stocking style) for my husband.

*small tabletop zen garden w/ mini rake & lid to keep the dust out (& the sand in!) anything from altoid tin sized up to ~8” square as long as the rake is in scale.

*Spiderweb print quilter cotton— I really like the plain white on black one I’ve seen posted places, but other colors ok. Honestly I just need enough to make a mask, but more would definitely be used for something. :grin:

*small (atc-sized or smaller) coloring tags sort of like these only on watercolor paper… I haven’t had any luck finding anything like this, but possibly someone with a laser printer could make something? (patterns could be anything so long as the details aren’t too tiny)

*Cards for sending with swap packages. Small is fine, envelopes optional. Maybe something with hedgehogs?? :wink:

3 Likes

Hey! I’m Christy, currently living in Southern AZ with my mom (thanks Covid). I work in TV/Film and also as a Summer Camp Director (I help kids be creative). I’m a boy crazy Gen X’er (hence - pigtails and reading glasses). I have 3 cats that I raised like dogs, mom has a cat and a dog. My list of likes is long and eclectic. I’m a mixed media girl, canvases, clothing, paper, you name it, it usually has a layer or two of “other” stuff. My pinterest is fairly comprehensive, think of it as inspiration. Don’t feel like you have to make something in a specific medium just because of a pin.

Dislikes: Heavy smoke or scents (perfume or incense). Pinks, oranges, lace, or animal prints when in the majority. Not a fan of plastic canvas or perler beads, politically conservative or religious stuff. Oh, I don’t eat chocolate or drink coffee. Enjoy it for me. :smiley:

If you’re passionate about creating something, please, do it! I am a big conserver/recycler/thrifter, happy with half-used supplies, previously loved stencils, repurposed fabric, etc. I hang out with a buncha hippies, love and wear tie dye, but not exclusively. Huge live music fan.

Thanks in advance for crafting for me!

Crafted

• Blank cards (for swap packages and mailed to friends)
  • Medium/light weight scarf (I live in AZ) or scrappy scarf
  • Cross-body small bag (5" x 7" -ish or slightly bigger) or waist bag (festival bag/utility belt)
  • Silly hat or headwear (I have a few weird winter hats that I enjoy, moose, aviator [crafted for me on c-ster] and I do wear pigtails A LOT)
  • Statement necklace
  • Art doll
  • Fleece or similar slippers (US W8)
  • Wall art
  • Fabric twine
  • Patches (TM or embroidered) or adult merit badges
  • ornaments
  • Always a fan of fridge magnets
  • Funny/snarky/silly stencils (shirt/tote size) - I have NO cutting machine but can happily screen print with stencils or freezer paper
  • I have a soprano ukulele that I’m slowly learning to play, anything that inspires you on that front: art, gig bag, strap

Misc.

• Ephemera/whimsies
  • Stencils
  • metallic markers & a white marker/pen
  • Something special from your state/city

Themes

• Anything inspired by my pinterest, most of this wishlist has corresponding pins :smiley:
  • Minion anything (for my mom) {L-shirt, US W 8.5 shoe)
  • Ugly sweater
  • Ziggy Stardust inspired (specifically the red, teal, white color scheme for my travel trailer named Ziggy he has his own board in pinterest Ziggy CamperDust or is it StarCamper)
  • Star Wars (4-6), Fifth Element, Back to the Future, MIB (1-3)
  • jewel tones and all shades of blue, or green.
  • Snarky & sweary don’t offend me
  • recycled/upcycled/thrifted/previously loved
  • Jackalope/untraditional taxidermy
  • Cute/wonky houses
  • Gnomes
  • Loteria - Mexican bingo
2 Likes

Hi there! Laura here! I live in Ohio with my husband, teenaged kids, silly tabby cat Zazzles, and our backyard birds! Please do not send me anything smoky. I don’t care for red as a main color (accent color is ok). I am happy with duplicates of anything on my list. I am a substitute teacher.

My Pinterest.

I’m going to start with the bare bones of this list and come back as time allows and add to it.

Crafty Wishes

• Hair Salon style cutting cape. Thanks to Covid, I have become the hair stylist of the family. I started with the guys in the family and now also cut my daughter and my own. I’ve been using a towel, but a cutting cape has been a wish for ages! I refer to my “salon” as “Salon de Mama.”
  • Notecards for swap packages.
  • Animal Crossing plushie (Alice, Filbert, Skye, Flick, Eugene, Static, Maple, Pango, Gala)
  • fridge magnets
  • Christmas ornaments (I’ll post list again; tagged wrong post earlier.)
  • Hoopla of my dog Mia who crossed the rainbow bridge in June.
  • handmade soaps
  • handmade wax melts
  • pocket letter (Animal Crossing, Impractical Jokers, 2020, something inspired from my Pinterest)
  • handcarved stamp
  • Impractical Jokers (TruTv Show) ornament
  • I’m a sucker for ceramics!
  • oven mitts
  • Surprise me!

Themes I like

Ornament Wishlist, but can be used as themes for my other wishes, too:
My themes in no particular order:

1. 2020 (Anything sassy/snarky/etc to represent how terrible 2020 has been!)
  2. The Covid Spike protein with 2020
  3. Something to represent my furpuppy Mia who crossed the Rainbow Bridge in June.
  4. Something about substitute teaching (Best Substitute Ever) or really anything for teaching.
  5. Rose-breasted grosbeak
  6. Hummingbirds
  7. Animal Crossing! (Alice, Eugene, Isabelle, Flick, Bianca, Gala, Maple, something deserted island,
    the AC leaf, a Dodo Airlines ticket to Cactus Pt, CJ, Mabel, Isabelle)
  8. Woodpeckers
    9… Impractical Jokers
    10… Something for Lettuce Craft.
    11… The Santa Claus movie

My Pinterest is probably going to give you a good idea of my interest and style more so than this so far very small list of themes.

• Substitute Teacher
  • Birch Trees
  • Flowers and Birds from your area
  • Impractical Jokers
  • My dog Mia (A little post about her)
  • Quilting
  • Foreign Languages
  • Animal Crossing New Horizons (Alice, Filbert, Eugene, Maple, Flick, Skye, Blathers, Pascal, Orville)
  • Puffins/Penguins, woodland animals, whimsical birds
  • Travel/Vacation
  • Mountains (I was lucky enough to grow up here.).
  • Machu Pichu (This is my # 1 on my travel bucket list. Maybe a hoopla/notecard/magnet/ornament/pocket letter)

Supply Wishes

• Something from my Etsy Favorites, especially metal stamps.
  • metal stamping supplies (bracelets, tags)
  • embroidery hoops
  • gift cards to Etsy/Amazon
  • wool felt (I have been enjoying buying from TaDaaStudioFelt on Etsy.)
  • black fineliner pens (I have a whole box of of size 0.005, so more of the other sizes would be great!)
  • gesso, gel medium. I don’t have any and I’d like to play with it.
  • blank cards with envelopes that I can add my bird pictures to.

Thank you so much in advance to my secret Santa!

2 Likes

Hi everyone! Merry Christmas :christmas_tree: Thank you for being a wonderful, friendly community that I’ve loved being a part of :hugs: :hugs: Sorry my list below is massive :stuck_out_tongue:

My name is Lauren and I live in Melbourne, Australia. We are coming out of lockdown and heading towards Summer! Life is good :star_struck: I live with my partner and our little Yorkshire Terrier named Hound…in a couple of weeks there is going to be a new four legged addition to our family, we are excited and nervous to see how Hound will go with sharing our attentions :dog: :dog:

My partner is really supportive of my crafting and loves seeing all of the swap packages I receive, complimenting you all on your skills. If you wanted to send a surprise for him, that would be really special! Some themes he loves are tennis, watches, flight and engineering.

To get to know me… “These are a few of my favourite things”:
Aladdin Brand Thermoses, Fairy Lights, Superb Fairy Wrens, Harry Potter, Little Red Riding Hood, Wonder Woman, Mushrooms/Toadstools, My birthstone – Garnet, Coffee & Tea, Sparkling Wine/Champagne, My Yorkie - Hound dog, NASA, Space & Galaxies, Keto, Bees, Japan, San Francisco, Watercolour Painting and Colours

My Craft Interests:
Sewing, Modern Quilting, Art Journaling, Happy Mail

My Instagram is:
@laurencrafts

Here is my crafty wishlist:
I have a range of things from small - large (Please click through to Pinterest on each item for examples of what I’d love to receive - I hope this format is easy enough for everyone. Also please note, the Pinterest links are for more of an ‘inspired by vibe’ rather than exact replicas).
Biggest wish: Bag or Pouch for organisation
Socks / Legwarmers (size 8.5)
Fingerless Gloves / Mittens
Cowl
Quilted Tote Bag
Mini Quilt for my studio
Garden themed prayer flags
Apron
Beeswax Wraps
Reusable sandwich & snack bags
Handmade Soap
Embroidered linen napkins (2)
Potholder
Handmade Journal or Traveler’s Notebook for Art Journalling (watercolour paper on the inside would be brilliant)
Quilted Cushion Cover (sent with no actual cushion inside to save on postage)
Harry Potter themed TM Patches
Brooches
Felt Badges based on my interests
Unhooped Hoopla based on my interests
Harry Potter Ornaments
Non-slip sewing machine pedal footrest
Something from my miscellaneous board
Or another crafty surprise based on my interests :blush:

Supply Wishlist:
Etsy Patterns
Small Etsy Wishlist

• Etsy gift card
  • Urban Threads gift card
  • Amazon gift card

I would be thrilled to receive a gift card to help fund my crazy online craft shopping habits
Otherwise…

Lunchtime Quilt Pattern
Stamps for Art Journal backgrounds
Q-snap embroidery frame
Snap press
Stamps and Dies (I love Waffle Flower and Lawn Fawn stamps [to get to know my style])
Nuovo Drops
DMC Embroidery Thread
Bag/Purse Hardware
Trims and Ribbons (for making tags and little projects)
Wool, wool blend or acrylic felt
Polymer Clay/Fimo
Daniel Smith Watercolours

Extras Thingys:
Local Postcards, Packaged Tea, Botannical Book Pages, Joker Playing Cards – I collect them

Thank you in advance Secret Santa for thinking of me and sending me a wish xx

2 Likes

Hello all, I’m Heather, in Maryland, U.S., hermiting and doing my librarian job mainly from home now. My main non-work interests right now are end-of-life care; history and finding my place in racial justice/healing issues on the local level; environmentally-sound house building and renovation; and, broadly speaking, spirituality and rewilding.

My house is very small, rustic and simple. I’m not anti-holidays but I don’t pay much attention to them. I’m new to living where there are actually four seasons, though (born and raised in southern California), so I am really starting to connect with that, lunar cycles, and the like.

I have no noteworthy collections, relevant allergies, non-craft hobbies (I enjoy many things but don’t do them often enough to call them hobbies), or fan-doms. I just got a foster cat but she doesn’t seem interested in toys or treats yet.

Likes: Rain and rainbows. Dogs. Iridescence, opalescence, holographic effects, and sparkle. Witchy mori girl (erm, Mori crone?) layered style in clothing. Silliness/nonsense/absurdity in a spirit of kindness. Latin America. Textural natural things. Organic freeflowing designs. Dignified animals (especially if they aren’t usually thought of as dignified or well-liked). Unexpected wholesomeness. Historical informed by modern sensibilities, and alternative histories/universes. Reclaimed/reused/upcycled/second-hand.

Dislikes: shiny-plated metal jewelry. Tobacco and cannabis smell. Rayon. Pastel, heathered, or neon colors on their own. Variegated yarn on its own without a solid (long bands of color are fine, but I don’t like the camo print or confetti effects). Artificial fragrances. Corn, peas, painfully-sour or -hot/spicy.

My wishlist (not in any order of preference) :

Fibery

• Luscious, sparkly prepped batt or roving for handspinning
  • CHARITY: wool-based items that could be offered for sale in the Accokeek Foundation gift shop to keep its programs going and it’s farm animals fed. Undyed or natural dyed handspun yarn, cold weather wear, ornaments, felted farm or woodland animals and cat toys are some things that have sold well.

Sewn

Consumables

• Unscented homemade lotion, body butter, balm, scrub, or lotion bar (if it’s made with things that already have a natural scent that’s totally fine)
  • Your herbal specialty: tincture, extract, dried herbs, etc.
  • Baked goods, loose tea you blended, something from the dehydrator, or other yummies that can withstand the postal system

In whatever medium you fancy

• shawl pin
  • Mail art: any kind, any size, any style, any media.
  • Handy, creative items for adventures out in nature. Such as a paracord bracelet, an emergency or dog-walking kit in an Altoids tin, or a reflective waterproof pouch to attach to bike handlebars.

Supplies from your stash :

• Pattern stencils, or placards, tags, frames, or random unexpected shapes cut from your Cricut, Sizzix, craft punches, etc., for use in mixed media art (they’ll get covered in paint so feel free to use scrap materials)
  • Rough, unfinished leather strips. I want to make a more rustic version of these cabinet door pulls but haven’t found the right second-hand leather locally.

Thanks!

3 Likes

Hi! I’m Shannon. I live in the USA on the border of the San Francisco Bay Area and Central Valley with my husband and 11 year old kiddo. I got my BA decades ago but recently, as a middle aged woman, I earned my graduate degree and I now work in a Lab Preschool at a local Junior College.

My husband is a Dr of quantum physics from Germany who works for Stanford and CERN and is a super collector of Lego and is x10 more interesting than me (so enough about him. Let’s get back to talking about ME!!! :wink:)

I am TOTALLY up to surprises. If you are really good at a certain craft that isn’t on here please GO FOR IT! I’m sure I’d like it!

Craft ideas for me
•Hand made paper
•Keychains
•pot holders
•dish scrubbers
•Small zipper bags to hold items in my purse.
•I can’t crochet so I really love getting anything using that skill.
•I also don’t have the hang of pouring resin casting epoxy stuff and enjoy getting those items.

Supplies I could use:
•Things that are rainbow metallic
•Things that are opalescent
•Things that are described as holographic
•optical illusions
•things that dazzle
•Fancy or novelty sprinkles for baking
•Molds for epoxy resin casting
•Colored wood stain (like Unicorn Spit Brand)
•Some book board for book binding
•Fun patterned bias tape
•Bright colored roving wool
•Cute/interesting doll/plushie eyes and noses
•A new rotary cutter

Misc:
•Candy and/or chocolate
•The Great British Bake Off
•Snacks
•Things that express my deep appreciation for booze or caffeine.
•Fat fuzzy bumblebees
•high fantasy
•Things that change color always delight me
•Anything rose scented
•Jane Austen or regency period inspired themes.
•My favorite color is black and white patterns like checkerboard or argyle

•Here’s my Pinterest for ideas:

But these are just my favorites, I honestly like pretty much everything.

1 Like

Hi! I’m Jenn and I live in Texas. I adore all things nerdy, but especially Harry Potter and Doctor Who. I’m a writer so books and writing related things are definitely high on my obsession list. Favorite themes include: hedgehogs, foxes, Harry Potter, Doctor Who, writing, books, reading. I like most colors, but bright jewel tones, blues and greens are my favorites. Orange and I are not friends. I’m also not a huge fan of busy patterns. I have two kiddos, a 10-year-old boy and 16-year-old girl and would love crafty items for them or my mom - in fact, those are top of my wishlist! We celebrate Christmas and have several Christmas trees.

Allergens: Both my kids are immune deficient so no crafts from households where someone smokes or a household with anyone who has been sick within the last two weeks. (or a CF household)

Wishlist

• Anything from my son’s wishlist (https://www.pinterest.com/tapestrymlp/josh-wishlist/)
  • Bookmarks or magnets for my son: Legend of Zelda, Pokemon, The Madolorian, Clone Wars, The Last Kids on Earth series, Klawde The Evil Overlord Cat books
  • Anything from my daughter’s wishlist (https://www.pinterest.com/tapestrymlp/cass-wishlist/)
  • Anime inspired art or items for my daughter (Fairy Tail (Natsu & Lucy are her faves), Sword Art Online, Fruit Basket, and Madoka Magica are some of her favorites)
  • Harry Potter ornaments for my HP tree (I’m a Hufflepuff; any character related ornaments are great - my faves are the trio & the marauders & Newt; I love fun, unexpected ornaments and all the magical creatures; see my pin board; no snitches or wands, please, I have lots)
  • Cute dragon t-shirt in 2XL for my mom
  • Dragon figures or art for my mom (https://www.pinterest.com/tapestrymlp/for-mom/)
  • Teesha Moore writing/book inspired patches
  • Blank notecards w/a cute design on front (themes I LOVE: hedgehogs, foxes, Harry Potter, Doctor Who, writing, books, reading)
  • Reusable paper towels
  • Small cloth hankies/tissues
  • Eco-friendly alternative to those plastic bath puffs

Anything from these two Pinterest boards:

Big wishes:

• An art doll/creature for my daughter (she loves them, but they’re beyond my skill; there are several pinned on her board noted above, anything cute and fuzzy along those lines would send her over the moon)
  • An OoaK Monster High doll repaint done as Lucy Heartfilia or Erza Scarlet from Fairy Tail
  • A recycled sari skirt in any jewel tones (size L/ US 9)

supplies:
Perler beads in all colors, but especially white
Writing or book related fabric
Harry Potter Fabric
Old books that are falling apart and can be used for crafting
Natural feathers that are pretty
Dried flowers and plants (especially in muted tones; no moss please)
Music sheets (especially if they look aged)
Vintage looking maps (especially in sepias or muted tones)
Ornate, old keys
Dried citrus slices
Faux butterflies
Tiny wooden stars
Vintage tea cups & saucers (just a cup or saucer ok, the daintier the better)

2 Likes

Osiyo! Howdy! Yaw! K’u xi! I’m Charles and I live in Garden City, Kansas with my wife and 5 cats (And yes, I have the Crazy Cat Guy coffee mug to go with them). I have been out of work for too long and am in tears almost constantly from pain, but before that I used to travel to the schools playing the native american flutes for the kids, I’ve taken care of my family to the best I could. Worked as an electrician’s apprentice (Supervising, training, etc), furniture sales, and escorted oversize loads for three years.

Things I used to enjoy was gardening, hiking, biking, walking, taking care of my family, playing board/card games, programming, mathematics, linguistics (Though I had more fun with lexicography), driving long distances.

Things I still enjoy: Anything related to the carboniferous, devonian, and silurian flora and fauna, ferns (mostly epiphytes), Native American Flutes, eating, making people smile, watching the fiddleheads unravel on my ferns.

Things I enjoy when I’m able: Cook, construct something, solve a problem, knit.

Handmade items welcomed.

Charitable:

• Donate time, food, or blankets to local homeless and humane shelters.
  • Donate to your favorite charity.
  • Buy from local mom and pop stores, take a chance on a newly opened small shop online or local.

For others:

• Hand made cat toys for our eldest (Mamma) and the youngest (Hobbes).
  • A crocheted godzilla hat for a 4 month to 8 month boy.
  • Anything David Tennet or the television shows Friends, Supernatural, Vampire Diaries.
  • Miniature flowers and butterflies.
  • Anything punny/funny florist related.
  • Anything Beatles (The Fab Four) related.

Craft supplies:

• Go for Faux yarn, or something like that.
  • Wood/bamboo double point knitting needles 2.25, 2.5, 2.75, 3.0, 3.25, 3.5, and 3.75, 8 to 10 inches in length.

For me:

• Star Trek: NCC-1701 and NCC-1701A, old Romulan and Klingon Bird of Preys, and the Klingon battlecruiser. Coffee mugs.
  • Iron Maiden: (Somewhere in Time, The Number of the Beast, and Seventh Son), Coffee mugs, any depiction of Ed the Head.
  • Godzilla: The real Godzilla, not that travesty produced in 1998. Heh!
  • Wide Ruled notebook paper (I am always happy to get spiral bound notebooks)
  • 0.7 mm mechanichal pencils (Have had my eyes on some handmade ones, but any and all will do).
  • Hawaiian shirts. The flashier the better, :D. Handmade? Your own designs? OH ABSOLUTELY, :D. A pair of matching shorts? YES, YES, AND YES.

Collections:

• Old State/locally produced spiral bound recipe books from the 80’s and before.
  • Old college level and above mathematical books from the 30’s and before.
  • Thrash and speed metal from the 80’s.
  • Anything chicken/rooster related for the kitchen (I will not tell my wife I said this, HAH)

Other:

• Anything that will make living in pain easier.
2 Likes

Kia ora! I’m Kirsten, I live in Aotearoa / New Zealand, in the beautiful Bay of Islands. I’m married and have no pets or children. No allergens or allergies here. I am writing fiction full-time (or at least trying to in between sewing, knitting, and art projects). I love art and I like to do drawing, painting and printmaking. My house is mostly plain white and grey, so black/white/grey/neutral or brightly coloured things can all work well.

Random List of Things I Like:-
art, pandas, frogs, retro sci-fi, chameleons, natural unbleached linen, Godzilla, wolves, aqua blues, handwritten letters, silver, handmade pottery, Japanese textiles and ceramics, mid-century modern, indigo, polka dots, watercolours, birds, books and writing.

Things I’d rather not receive:-
Some things that are just not my cup of tea – please no gory/scary/horror, glitter, anything very cutesy or very froufrou/girly (a bit of pink is A-OK though).
Also please don’t send natural/untreated materials (e.g. natural feathers, seeds, something made of driftwood), as biosecurity will destroy it at the border.

Crafted items

There’s loads of ideas on my pinterest, but feel free to make whatever you like your way and put your own creative spin on it. I love handmade things from my Lettuce friends!

• pretty organising things for art and craft supplies – project bag, pouch, tins, cups, boxes, things with compartments
  • mini wallet/coin purse with a couple of compartments e.g. with a zip pouch for cards and separate coin pouch – just big enough for a few cards
  • mug rug
  • kitchen stuff (apron, potholder, teatowel) – Some ideas for themes – red gingham, or blue willow pattern, or arty black and white graphic, or turquoise with red accents (gingham? cherries? retro?)
  • handmade/handprinted stationery – letters, cards, notepads, I use it all
  • something inspired by the Frog and Toad books
  • do something with one of my favourite quotes
    https://www.pinterest.nz/kirstenlgriffiths/inspiration-and-quotes/
  • any surprise inspired by my pinterest https://www.pinterest.nz/kirstenlgriffiths/

Most of all – something that gives you joy to make!!

Supplies

• cool paper ephemera, postage stamps, foreign language, vintage, etc.
  • stencils and stamps for mixed media work, e.g. letters and numbers, organic textures, raindrops, handwriting, vintage. Not so much motifs, more backgrounds/textures. Or letter stamps.
  • fat quarter – nice cotton, natural linen, Echino prints, something cool and arty, handprinted fabric
  • vintage haberdashery – buttons (esp. glass), trims, velvet ribbons, old wooden spools
  • iron on embroidery transfers in a theme you think I’d like (retro sci-fi? vintage fashion? nature?)
  • Sublime Stitching fine tip iron transfer pen
    https://sublimestitching.com/products/transfer-pen?variant=2017360324
  • a Da Vinci Casaneo Watercolour brush (I only have the quill 0 in this range, so any size/shape)
    https://www.dickblick.com/products/da-vinci-casaneo-synthetic-squirrel-watercolor-brushes/

Thank you!

2 Likes

Hi! I’m Ann and I live in a suburb to Stockholm in Sweden with my husband and my two cats Chilla an Chaplin. Christmas is my husbands favourite holiday.

I don’t have any allergies, but heavy scents can trigger my husbands migraine. The gifts for kids on my list are going to households with various allergies so it’s probably best to keep those as smoke and pet hair free as possible (or washable).

I have a pinterest that’s kind of massive, use it for inspiration if you like: http://www.pinterest.com/annchen82/

Colors I like: http://www.pinterest.com/annchen82/colour-texture-scents

To save on postage I can fill stuffies/heatbags/lavenderbags etc. to make sure they can be sent flat. I appreciate pre loved/thrifted/recycled gifts.

Random likes: Tiny things, tea, my cats, sheepy wooly things, playing Fallout 76, dark chocolate, lavender scented things, geocaching and letterboxing, white and blue tokyo design, buttons, bright colours, whimsical things, creepy cute, books, watching the birds at the feeder, cooking.

Random likes (husband): Gardening, painting miniatures (warhammer 40k), Fallout 76, Diablo, Assassins Creed (the one set in Paris and the second one mostly), cooking, persian rugs, milk chocolate.

Dislikes: Coffee. The taste of stevia and licorice root. Bible quotes on things. Things that are just plain creepy (there’s a lot of yelling going on when I play Fallout or watch a movie and something creepy does a jump scare).

Wishlist

Christmas card

A surprise! If you enjoy making it I’m sure I’ll love receiving it!

Lightweight reusable produce bags (knitted/crocheted/sewn, whatever works)

Wrist warmers or fingerless mittens. I like models that have a bit of a thumb.

Cosy socks

Felt ornament (I’m open to other non breakable ornaments too. I don’t trust my cats not to murder breakable pretties)

Bookmark

Decorated notecards for swap packages

Microwaveable heat bags, any size. I can fill them with rice myself. For larger ones I’d love if they have an inner bag so I can remove and wash the cover.

A bag for carrying cloth pads. I’d like it to fit 4-5 pads at least. Maybe with some kind of built in wet bag for used ones, but I do have a separate wet bag so that feature is optional.

Video game themed hoopla or wall art for the TV-room/game room. (Fallout, Monkey island, Super Mario, Pacman, Unravel, Journey or Bobble Bobble to mention a few favourites). We have a hoopla/embroidery wall going on but I’m open to whatever art that can be hung on a wall.

Cloth mask for me and my husband. Who knows when Sweden decides to mandate mask wearing? Tie on might be better than elastic. He’s got a big noggin and we both wear glasses. Nerdy fabric would be a bonus.

Festive pot holders, bonus points for larger ones.

For the nieces and nephews (1, 3, 8 and 10)

Age appropriate stocking stuffers. The youngest three are boys, the oldest a girl.

Funny hats for the younger kids

Minecraft themed things for the 8-year old

Anime (kawaii) anything for the 10 year old.

For the cats

Cat toys. Both likes catnip but seem to be unimpressed by valerian root. Chilla adores balls. (Bigger than a ping pong ball but a bit smaller than a tennis ball seems to be perfect for her.)

Kitty place mat for Chaplin, he’s a messy eater so having a placemat that’s washable or wipeable saves on mopping the floor. He will ”help” by licking the floor, but a placemat is nicer.

For random acts of craftiness

Painted rocks to abandon

Bookcrossing things (maybe bookplates or a stamp for marking the books so I just have to write the bookcrossing ID)

Supplies

Colourful wool yarn in fingering or sport weight that can be fulled (ie, not superwash). Smaller amounts is fine. I want to make smaller things like bags and pouches and I can always combine colours.

Hardware for knitted bags and pouches

Needle felting things. I keep breaking the needles, and the foam thingy I use under what I’m felting is starting to look ratty.

Large googly eyes to stick on the robo vacuum for a laugh.

Extras

Local to you candy or treat that will survive mailing

Tea candy (would love ice tea flavour or chai flavour)

Your favourite brand of ”chai” style tea (spiced, good with milk)

Chili seeds from fun kinds of chillies (Note: only if you’re in EU, otherwise it’s illegal to send them here)

Thanks for a great swap!

1 Like