Secret Santa Wishlist swap discussion & gallery

Hopefully cat safe hanging of ornaments, including the fun ginger bread man that arrived the other day. Such a nice surprise!

9 Likes

Hi swappers! Have any more packages made it out of the mail vortex yet? Given the state of the USPS, not to mention international transport, I don’t think we’re going to worry about missing boxes until after the new year, but please do make sure you check in if you get things!

(also, as you’ve probably figured out by now, I sent everyone in the swap a gingerbread person ornament; no need to check in about that unless you want to, but if yours hasn’t arrived by February, feel free to let me know & I’ll make you another.)

8 Likes

I just went and checked the mail. No dice! My bday is in January so I’ll just change it from Santa to Secret Birthday Person.

That was so nice of you to make all those ornaments. Class act! Thank you.

5 Likes

Nothing here - the mail seems to have slowed down even more than a few months ago …

I will post as soon as anything arrives! And thank you :smiley_cat:

4 Likes

I received two swaps @thanate! :grinning: :grinning: :grinning:
Thank you so much to my secret santas! I will post photos very soon xx

5 Likes

Yay!! :grin:

Look who turned up right on time for Christmas!

This little fellow was quite timid to begin with. He would just peek out of his envelope. He dutifully presented me with the card he had been asked to deliver. It turns out he was made by @thanate!

We had a little chat, and I told him how much I liked his smart little bow tie and his bright red buttons. I thanked him for being considerate and wearing a mask (especially important when travelling internationally!). He was consistently polite, and shared that he was named “Cookie”.

After a while, I asked him if he was feeling a bit shy. “Scared”, he admitted. Scared? He gathered his courage and told me what had him so worried. Word around the cookie jar was that a giant man with a beard would come around this very evening to devour them all!

I assured Cookie that he would be safe here. No one would be eating him. He seems to really want to believe me, but is still a little worried.

He climbed out of his envelope and I showed him around. He took a liking to the Christmas tree. I told him he was welcome to stay on the tree if he’d like. He made himself right at home.

So far, he seems more at ease. I’m sure that after tonight, he will feel relieved, and hopefully more relaxed.

Thanks so much, Thanate, for this little friend. He is well loved here (and will certainly not be eaten).

11 Likes

Thank you, @thanate, for the gingerbread person with mask! :slight_smile: Mine is on my tree, making it that much more merry! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I opened my packages on Christmas, and they were both filled with amazing goodies! Thank you so much to both of my wonderful Santas!

In the brown cardboard box was a treasure trove of space themed goodies! There was a craft kit for both of my kids to make Galaxy-themed handkerchiefs, some adorable star earrings that I am wearing right now, star wars pins that my husband promptly stole, space bookmarks that are all being used in books this very moment, and some wonderful NASA stickers. Thank you, thank you, thank you!

In the festive package there were masks for my kids to color and wear (they are very happy), awesome ornaments for each member of the family, my very own lettuce craft patch, and some origami paper for me. Thank you very much!

You both made my Christmas very merry indeed and I look forward to doing the crafts with my kids this week. Thank you very much! I am a lucky girl!

11 Likes

I received my Careful Stockings package!

They are three beautiful friendship bracelets! I love them, they are all beautiful - the black ones have matte and shiny black beads and a glittery gold bead in the center. They are made with a sturdy cord (hemp?) so will last a long time. They are also adjustable and can be removed.

I tried to get Pilot to model with me, but the squirrels are out and he has NO INTEREST!

Thank you @grabacoffee! I really love them and everything was packaged so lovely. What a wonderful Sunday treat.

12 Likes

Those are lovely!

1 Like

Wow, I was worried a bit about the long shipping time, but finally they are there. The beads are gemstones, the black ones are matte and simple Onyx (’ Black onyx is a protection stone . Its purpose is to help prevent the drain of personal energy while at the same time absorbing and transforming negative energy’, and in the white one, that’s called goldsone (benefits: ’ Goldstone is the master healer. It’s known to have healing powers on the throat, thyroid, and tonsils’). - so I hope they are also useful :))

(Pilot is cuuuute :revolving_hearts:)

6 Likes

They are so nice!!

3 Likes

All these packages are so beautiful and thoughtful!

I received a lovely secret Santa gift - worth the extra long wait for the post! She sent a sublime stitching transfer pen, fabulous iron on embroidery designs, and art card, as well as a great white pen for artwork, all wrapped in some fab fabric scraps. And best of all a wonderful layered artwork with a favourite Rumi quote.

With the international postal forms, I know it’s from @calluna - thank you so much , I love everything!

13 Likes

What a lovely surprise! So glad to hear that the post is once again starting to move and get delivered!

I love that embroidery pattern…and a white pen is always a welcomed addition to your art supplies!

2 Likes

I have received the most wonderful gifts in this swap. Thank you very much to Garden Party, Shopping Spree and Marsupial! :gift_heart:

I’m very sorry for the delaying in posting photos to the gallery, but I promise you these items are very cherished!

From Garden Party this BEAUTIFUL set of garden prayer flags :herb::seedling: Check out all of the gorgeous details :heart_eyes:

And from Marsupial this GORGEOUS zippered pouch with treats! :grinning: a pouch, my favourite! Thank you Garden Party (the only secret Santa I could figure out :speak_no_evil::see_no_evil:)

I’m still saving my Etsy voucher from Spending Spree, I want to use it for an extra special purchase.

Thank you all so very much xxxxx

11 Likes

Deliveryyyy! My package from Equinox arrived after some adventures through the postal system. And I’m so glad it did! First thing I saw:

(Insert Cookie Monster noises here)

Behind all the yummies, a beautiful tin… What’s inside?

Wo-hoa! :exploding_head: A full on portable altar kit!

This is freaking amazing! Pulling out the contents of the pouches:

Painted altar cloth:

Divination chain with interchangeable pendants, plus a star and pentacle pendant:

Offering bowl, incense, willow wand, smoky quartz:

I just noticed the offering bowl chipped in transit, but I’ll fix that right up.
A wee sewn pouch with candles, and a stamped clay candle holder:

Ingredient bottles with tiny labels I can attach, as well as a bottle of black sand and Himalayan pink salt:

I was taken by complete surprise with this because I didn’t cheat and look at the swap spreadsheet (okay, I may have accidentally seen the name while doing something else, but the actual gift item was out of view)! It is so much more than I would have imagined, and what better time to start a new ritual/practice?

Huge thanks to my Secret Santa…@Tapestry! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

10 Likes

That is an awesome present! So much effort and attention to detail. It is beautiful and impressive. :heart:

1 Like

Now that is a great idea…an altered tin kit with more than what you need to make something fabulous!

@PrincessP…that is such a gorgeous pouch…especially using the bit of embroidered linen…

2 Likes

I’m so glad it finally arrived. I was convinced the postal gods ate it as that box was sent priority mail on 11/25! But ack on the offering bowl chipping! Should have wrapped that better, sorry.

I hope you enjoy the altar and have a wonderful 2021!

6 Likes