Secret Santa Wishlist swap discussion & gallery

A few days ago I got a lovely package from Sneaky Elf and it really made my night. This week has been rough so it was a welcome distraction!

I had to take a picture of the cute wrapping. Even without the name in the package I would have recognised those cute kitties. Thank you @grabacoffee ! It doesn’t show that well, but there are two smaller cat and one larger.

I’m excited to try the candy, but I haven’t decided if I should wait to try it until I get a cold or a sore throat next.

Here’s what was in the package! Really sturdy needles for needle felting, a holder for all four needles that looks super sturdy and a foam thingy for not stabbing myself/the table. I’m excited to try them out. They look much better than my current tools!

Thank you so much Ezster!

Now it’s back to try to feed and medicate a very stubborn cat.

13 Likes

I took Pilot for our morning walk before work and stopped at the mailboxes to send out some postcards. I checked my box and had a couple letters, but it was too dark to see what they were so I just shoved them in my pocket.

I forgot about them until now and pulled them out. One was Pilot’s county tags and one was a little prezzie from @thanate

What an adorable 2020 gingerbread man! I decided to put lightweight Xmas ornaments on my cherry blossom lamp and he fits in perfectly. Thank you so much Ann. I love it. :heart:

13 Likes

I have received my second package! It is in a plain brown cardboard box, I peeked inside and spotted a NASA sticker on top, then quickly shut the box and put it under the Christmas tree. I am looking forward to a wonderful surprise on Christmas morning. Thank you Santa! I will post pictures when I open it.

5 Likes

I should really not try to reply on my phone, all sorts of shenanigans going on with posting/editing/deleting. I hope my last post posted correctly, sorry if it didn’t!

1 Like

@thanate thank you for the sweet ornament! We all love him and he went on the tree immediately!

7 Likes

Also @Annchen, we made the kolasnittar today for cookie day. Uhm…yum! Elliott said it’s his favorite out of the cookies we made (sugar, chocolate chip, and chocolate chip/pecan cookies).

10 Likes

That looks amazing.

1 Like

Now I want to bake my own batch… but since husband is on a very restrictive diet before surgery I think I better not…

3 Likes

Straight ‘outta customs!

Look who made it to Canada! :canada:

Yes, I’m sorry, lots of photos. My new little buddy is just too photogenic. Look - all warmed up indoors, no hat.

Too cute! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Lovingly created by @roler , this cutie showed up this afternoon, luggage full of bonus craft supplies!

First I found this lovely card. It seems to have at least 3 different layers of paper. It’s so pretty.

I got some help reading it. We read it together.

The parcel was stuffed full of surprises!

A collection of beads, made from all different materials. They’re so delicate and detailed. The biggest one with flowers is pearlescent. The white spheres with blue flowers (cherry blossoms?) feel like ceramic. Tiny animals, and even metal pieces.

Matching my cutie’s scarf pin! It reminds me of the points of a compass. It adds to the traveller vibe.

Some pretty fabric with painterly flowers. A matching avocado washi tape! And this gorgeous floral lace from Japan! It was in its original packaging but I kept getting glare while taking photos so I slipped it out.

Thank you so much, Roler. I don’t know how to crochet, and I’ve never travelled away from this continent, so I feel really grateful for what you’ve sent me (including my first ever washi tape!). Everything is so pretty (those beads! The lace! :heart_eyes:). I feel like I’ve received little treasures from around the world. And I thank you especially for all of the work you put in making me a little friend (all dressed up, no less!). You absolutely made my day. :heart:

I know I could post photos all day (I’m trying to show restraint), but I want to share this…

I was attempting to take a picture in front of the Canadian flag. A typical snowy day (note the snowflakes that had fallen on the tiny little winter hat).

And I accidentally got the most Canadian photo ever as a whole flock of Canadian geese flew overhead!

Welcome home, little buddy! :heart:

14 Likes

I have to say thanks for letting me join, ;-). it was a welcome bit of peace that I’ve been needing for a long time. Heck, it got me to finish my trilobite pattern, :smiley:.

And here’s the first thing I wrote in one of my gifts. The head for the large plush trilobite…with an error that I think I fixed, heh.

7 Likes

Awww, I’m so glad you like your little snowman; it looks like he’s found the perfect snowy home! XD

The card was made for me by LindyV earlier in the year for the color in a box swap. :slight_smile: I’ve been enjoying sharing her cards with other swap partners!

And heeee, we actually get a ton of Canada geese down here in WA, too, so I’m sure little snowman is already quite familiar with them! There are usually six or seven at any given time messing up our lawn ^^;

2 Likes

I love your snowman photosession!

4 Likes

So cute! I love all the photos. :heart:

2 Likes

Eeeeeeee! One of my big wishes on my list for the last several years has been an art doll for my daughter. She adores those fancy fantasy creature art dolls you see on Etsy and Pinterest but they’re beyond my craft skills and way outside our budget. Every year she asks me for one. Every year she’s disappointed.

But not this year. I’m literally in tears. THANK YOU Patchwork Girl! This cutie will be treasured and adored for years!

Sorry for the less than fabulous pictures. I had to sneak them in the garage so my daughter wouldn’t see. This little creature deserves her own fancy photoshoot though!

21 Likes

It’s GORGEOUS!! What a special gift that will be!! <3

2 Likes

After much glaring at the USPS tracker, my package has finally arrived from it’s tour of the US :laughing:

A very soft striped cowl scarf (with a pin), some tea, and a mixed media holiday tag.

Closeup of the pin. The bead on the end is iridescent. This is actually the first scarf/shawl pin I’ve owned so it’ll be fun to figure out ways to style it.

16 Likes

Yay, packages are getting through the mail vortex!
(Please remember to pm the organizers when you receive!)

2 Likes

Such lovely gifts…this holiday will be special because of the care and love that has gone into these packages…hope they all arrive safely…

1 Like

I received my last package yesterday from Cookie Press fun hand-carved stamps and fridge magnet poetry.

She knows my love of hummingbirds, the special heart paw print for my Mia, and foreign language poetry!

Many thanks!

16 Likes

Thank you for the gingerbread man ornament @thanate ! It arrived the day after we baked Gingerbread cookies, and immediately after my daughter’s class read 2 versions of the Gingerbread Man story in class. Perfect timing! We love him. My children have been making him run from branch to branch on the Christmas Tree.

10 Likes