Secret Santa Wishlist swap discussion & gallery

I should have my replacement package finished for my other swap and I’ll be able to sign up for this one this weekend, just in time before signups end! I’m looking forward to making a few little crafty packages.

7 Likes

Yay! Join us!

1 Like

Also, would anyone like to have one of @CatwithSevenToes’s cool mini cat things so that he can join?

2 Likes

Would LOVE to, but I need to finish a replacement for a missing swap package before thinking about joining. Those cat trees are so cool!

4 Likes

We have our first sender! (ooh, mysterious!!)

5 Likes

I’ve also got a pretty good collection of 1:12 scale dollhouse cat trees, too, but I haven’t seen any dollhouse mentions in the list either.

Here’s some pics. The halloween one with the black kitty is my worst made one. The fabric was so thin that the glue came through in places, but I think it’s still pretty neat, though.

7 Likes

Hmm! There might be something I can do for someone that won’t involve mailing anything. :neutral_face:

@Lynx How about domestic languages? Like Cherokee, Tzotzil Maya, or even perhaps Quechua (I used to know a bit of that)? With a little work, I may even be able to write a few Tzotzil phrases using the classic Yucatec syllabary (I already have the Tzotzil word for fern written in it as a computer graphic in the picture below).

maya

It’s more like the codex format, but I’m certain I could come up with a few other styles.

2 Likes

HMMM, I don’t know exactly I had in mind when I wrote ‘foreign languages, as a theme’ but this is definitely a whole “nother” level I had never even considered. I am intrigued.

3 Likes

I do have a child with a love for all things smol and miniaturized.

I’m pretty sure he’d love those adorable mini cat trees.

2 Likes

Gah! Sends already make me feel so behind. I have only managed to figure out which other colors of ______ I need to pick up for the _______ this weekend!

1 Like

Do not feel behind! You have all month!

2 Likes

Okay. I finished one of my claims for ________. I should probably turn my attention to wrapping up my other swap before tackling ______ and _______ for _________.

1 Like

I finished a miniature ____ for the ____ I’m making for _____. I’ve challenged myself to only use current supplies and not visit the craft store. We’ll see how long my resolve holds out :rofl:.

I am about 3/4 done with 2 claims - I hit the craft store after work yesterday and bought the supplies I needed to finish these and to start my 3rd one. I should be hitting the post office first thing next week to mail out 2.

I’m having some anxiety lately (aren’t we all?) so nice to have projects to work on at 3am when I can’t fall back to sleep.

4 Likes

Yes; crafting is always better than doomscrolling. :heart:

6 Likes

I did a lot of that too. I went to “Sock Summit” years ago in Portland and attended a lecture about how it’s scientifically proven that doing a simple, repetitive task like knitting or crocheting can help you cope and process trauma.

Ding ding ding!

7 Likes

Ok swappers-- two things:

1. @CatwithSevenToes has officially joined us, so once he posts a wishlist other claimimg is on hold until he has been claimed.

2. We have 4 more days for anyone else who is debating joining us to make up their mind! Come play!

3 Likes

My ____ claim idea for ____ so far is turning out wonderfully! I hope it continues.

Waiting for ___ to arrive to make ____ for ___.

2 Likes

I have been a bit distracted the last couple of weeks, but things are better now so I hope I’m not too late to join in too!

8 Likes

You’re in plenty of time! :grin: