Sew Scrappy Swap Gallery 2023

Glad you like them

2 Likes

@thanate what a fun scrappy package. If you have time I would love to see the items in more detail…a skirt wrap thiny is intriguing.
And a biscuit chicken! Love it! :rofl:

1 Like

Yes, I need to get more/better pictures-- I also realized after posting that I didn’t get the side of the card that has a cool scrappy collage on it, either. (my life has been in extra chaos mode recently which makes everything harder… :face_with_spiral_eyes:)

3 Likes

Take your time, we all know life’s weirdness!

2 Likes

@Myrthena, that looks like such a fun and generous package! the scrappy skirt looks fab!

3 Likes

I love how everyone is interpreting this swap differently. I said I have tiny scraps. I will make a tiny thing. @marionberries said lets chop up my wife’s jeans, and @Myrthena said let’s make a WHOLE PIECE OF CLOTHING, which I really love. It is gorgeous.

@thanate that chicken is delightful. It is giving me all the nostalgia. I wanted to make the chicken pattern I used because it reminded me of my grandma’s antique glass chicken candy dish. It looked something like this.
s-l500

5 Likes

i’ll add the detail pictures i have, bur for the skirt & little pouches i don’t have one. i forgot to make it

8 Likes

I just opened up the most amazing package from @Kwality570!! :heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

She made me a notebook cover, small bowls for my snipped threads when weaving, a coaster, and a project bag!! I’m feeling super spoiled!

I already stuck my current blanket in the project bag :joy:

Everything is so nice and just love all of the scrappy goodness! :heart_eyes: Thank you so much Leann!!

12 Likes

@marionberries everything is lovely!
@Myrthena you went big! The necklace is very cool.
@MightyMitochondria my gran had that very glass chicken!
@Kwality570 The colours, ooooh, beautiful. Love that bag too, wow.

2 Likes

Oh my goodness, @Kwality570 I love everything you made. You have a real eye for combining seemingly unrelated color schemes in a fantastic way. Love, love, love your work.

3 Likes

Wow, somebody really needed touse up scraps, what a wonderful bag of goodies. The bowls are so fun.

3 Likes

I received an amazing package from @photojenn!

I absolutely love this bunting!!!

And this pillow cover perfectly matches my navy and orange living room.

Action shots coming on a day where I’m not so exhausted.

Thank you Jenn for the great swap package!

8 Likes

@photojenn those are two really gorgeous pieces. I especially love how precise your workmanship is.

2 Likes

The bag and the coasters are superb.
How do you make such a coaster @Kwality570

1 Like

Wow!! Awesome swap @Kwality570 and @photojenn!! I am partial to that notebook cover cause I have my own and that bunting!!! :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

It’s a cotton clothesline rope wrapped with fabric strips and then zig zagged together. It’s super easy, but the wrapping does take a lot longer than you’d imagine.
Here’s a tutorial I found online:

4 Likes

Nice idea, i just fear my sewing machine wouldn’t be able to do that :slight_smile:

1 Like

There are also versions where you crochet around the ropes, if that would work better for you.

(love the baskets!)

2 Likes

Oh Yes! I’ve tried that before. It was difficult to keep the tension strong enough to make a nice basket, but I’m sure that was user error. I actually really liked the look of the crochet ones better, however. I totally forgot about that!

4 Likes

I’ve been in a crafty slump this week and my new bowls inspired me to get to the loom so I could try them out. Here’s an action shot of one of them, it’s perfect! It doesn’t bang around or make any noise while I’m weaving and I don’t end up with thread ends everywhere!

9 Likes