Sew Scrappy Swap Gallery 2023

Post all of your goodies here!

Original Swap Thread Link

2 Likes

Yay! Now I have to remeber to take picturea while the sun is shining. I received and must post. It’s awesome of course.

2 Likes

@MightyMitochondria sent me a chicken! Yes, a chicken…basket. It is the most adorable chicken basket with lots of scraps and boro stitching. She also stitched up a little pouch with an antler button (cool) and fun little scraps inside. She included some quilt squares that were in a fabric donation. They are a bit wonky, but fun and I can see a lap quilt grow out of them. I donate lap quilts whenever I can.
Thank you for the fun and lucky gifts. Now I have to decide what goes inside…

12 Likes

Oh my gosh…love that chicken!!!

2 Likes

All that hand stitching…wow…yes, the master of the scraps has set the bar high on this gallery! WOW!

2 Likes

And now I have a handy stitch reference too! :smile:

3 Likes

The chicken! I do like chickies and this one is divinadoodleOOH!

1 Like

Yay!!! I am so glad you like the chicken. I have had the pattern pinned for a while now, so I was SUPER EXCITED when you put an animal on your wish list. I know you were probably talking about a stuffy, but I just went for it. Carol, it was an absolute joy to craft for you. Knowing you love scrappy things as much as I do alllowed me to go wild and follow the fabric wherever it took me. Thanks for being a fabulous partner. :heart::heart:

7 Likes

That chicken’s adorable @MightyMitochondria! what a fabulous package to start the gallery :heart: :chicken:

3 Likes

This is the best mother plucking start of a gallery ever. :wink: That chicken is so super cute @MightyMitochondria. What a lovely little pouch too. It’s great!

3 Likes

I almost spit out my water when I read that :joy: and I agree!

2 Likes

You are hysterical. :smile::smile: Thank you to everyone for your kind words. I have really struggled with swaps lately. I overthink and get wrapped up in my own anxiety. This swap snapped me out of it because I knew marionberries would like any scrappiness that I like. It was so freeing. I think this is a good lesson in letting go of my insecurity and following my instincts.

I am sooooo excited because USPS says @marionberries package is on my doorstep. I am counting down the minutes until I can leave work. What a great way to start the week. :heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

6 Likes

Look at all the treasures that arrived today!

First, this lovely triangle zipper pouch. @marionberries chose the most perfect colors.

Next, the most lovely necklace and extra beads. I am going to wear the gorgeous necklace tomorrow!

Finally, look how marionberries transformed old jeans! The stitching and patchwork choices on this Japanese rice bag are fantastic. I especially like the darker outline of where there was once a pocket. She said we were on the same crafting wavelength and here is the proof! Boro stitching inspired both of us.

Thank you marionberries for being a fantastic partner! @Kwality570, thank you for welcoming me into this swap.

12 Likes

Another amazing package! What a great bag!

1 Like

Gorgeous stitching from @marionberries!! Love that fabric covered necklace especially!

2 Likes

The fabric covered cord is perfectly made. @marionberries has beautiful craftsmanship.

1 Like

The necklace and fabric beads are thanks to @Abbeeroad and @Magpie 's classes. Those classes were so fun that I had to spread the goodness. The jean fabric is thanks to my DW wearing her jeans out and the scrappy bits are from a charm pack that my SIL gave me some 12 years ago. Even the zipper is from a bag of gifted sewing supplies. It all came together to make the perfect package for @MightyMitochondria !

5 Likes

That’s a gorgeous package @marionberries, wow!!

I’ve made good progress on my package for @mellybelly81, nearly ready to send I hope. My sewing machine is still at the repair place (waiting for a part), so I’ve had to think outside the box with all-hand-sewn ideas. It’s been fun though! :thread: :sewing_needle:

3 Likes

Got my box from @Myrthena! There are definitely a bunch of goodies in here:

Little pouches & a small book & a stringy skirt/wrap & some foreign candy… but my favorites are definitely the fun head wrap/necklace & the gorgeous scrappy mesh skirt! Love them.

5 Likes

also, unrelatedly, since I’m finally checking in w/ my phone, which has the pictures on it— while the scrappy hen is great, it looks upside down to me b/c I grew up w/ a biscuit chicken:

6 Likes