Sew Scrappy Swap Gallery 2023

I love everyone’s gorgeous scrappy pieces!! I’m getting on the road right now, looking forward to admiring them all in more detail when I can have a proper look.

I received these these lovely goodies from @mellybelly81 - everything is fabulous!! She sent a wonderful 4x6 fabric art piece, a beautiful mug rug, the most darling little vintage style needle book, and some bonus pretty fabric :smiley_cat:

Here’s a close up of the mug rug - perfect scrappiness and colour choices!

And my favourite thing is this gorgeous 4x6 piece to add to my collection - so fresh and cheerful!

Thank you so much @mellybelly81, this is a lovely, happy parcel of scrappy delights!!

10 Likes

Great idea @Magpie!

Lovely scrappiness from @mellybelly81! Love those colors!

3 Likes

I love scrappy “paintings”…one piece looks very precise and formal and the other is wild and free!

Both are lovely, @mellybelly81 ! Also, very interested in the crocheted card piece…tell us more!

3 Likes

Oh, OH! These are all wonderful! The placemat? Placemat. That’s really fabulous, I love it.

1 Like

It is all lovely! and in my favourite colours too

I haven’t got long to write now as I’m on my way to go on holiday :smiley_cat:. We’re going to Perth - where @mellybelly81 lives! We’re planning to have a little Aussie Lettuce meetup while I’m there :smiley_cat:

8 Likes

Oh give her a big friendly hello from me! We have been swapping buddies for a very long time! I have so many lovely things from her in my home…many patchwork!

3 Likes

I will! :smile_cat:

2 Likes

I am so happy it arrived before you left, it would have been a bit silly if you had come all the way over here and I had sent it all the way over there! Haha

The needle book I did not make, it is actual vintage. It was one of the random treasures in the random boxes and bags from my grandmother’s stash/hoard/legacy and it has been sitting with your name on it since I found it. You have a thousand birds on your pintrest and its for sewing, so it was the perfect time to send it.

I am glad my design choice of zig zag quilting had the desired effect of hiding my wonky postage stamp seams!

I love making the flower art piece for you!

4 Likes

I love the wonky stitching the best! And what a clever idea for a needlebook! I am going to see about recreating it!

4 Likes

@Magpie Those baskets are just the coolest! I love the scallop pops of color against the darker background and the other scrappy one is pure magic! Did you use a pattern for the container?

@mellybelly81 That mug rug is adorable. I love that the wall hanging is in some of the same colors. The wall hanging is absolute magic. The stitching that looks like scribbly painting just elevates it even more.

4 Likes

What a wonderful package, I love it all!.

3 Likes

Received from Linda but down for the count with covid coming on. Managed to unpack every lovely thing but now need a nap. Pls post photos my friend. I love it all.

5 Likes

Oh no! Hope you can get lots of rest & recover thoroughly. :people_hugging:

I feel not awesome but it’s just like the flu or a bad cold. Since I’m just laying here in bed, might as well take some pics of my awesome scrappy loot. Linda sent me an “Around The World” themed package.
These African wax print coasters are so cool.

Along with beautiful, they are very firm, flat…

… and substantial. I can’t imagine sewing rope, just how?

Next this key fob in Australian aboriginal cotton.

Batik origami stars, these are going on a bunting in my studio, I love them.

Lovely notecards.

Sweet little tea wallet

I will enjoy the tea & fold the fabric ties into my stash, of course!

And this super wonderful pouch of vintage Japanese kimono scraps & Irish linen.

I’m touched. This is so special.

Thank you so much, dear friend :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

7 Likes

So glad you don’t have very serious symptoms…and so glad you finally got the package!

You inspired me to start using up my collection of vintage kimono scraps!

1 Like

Pretty sure this is from the first slow stitch swap on deadster.

I mounted it on a canvas frame, it’s hanging in the livingroom.

6 Likes

all the lovelies! I love the African batiks, the colors are so bright and happy.

Those coasters are gorgeous! And do I spy mushroom batik?? So Magpie!

2 Likes

That’s a gorgeous package @AIMR! everything is fabulous, and so perfect for @Magpie :smiley_cat:

Here’s me and @mellybelly81 having a lovely time exploring a bit of Perth, she is a wonderful tour guide!

9 Likes

Ah!! So awesome!! :sunglasses: :wave: