Complete - Sew Scrappy Swap

I have everything plotted and planned and will do the sewing starting tomorrow. Let’s just say I might need to make some more batik scraps… :grin:

5 Likes

Dang it, I have had a very sad fail. Usually I can turn those around but not this time. I just don’t like it & I’d never send it. Poop.
Some other things are turning out though. Three days of ironing bits of fabric is paying off nicely!

4 Likes

Oh no! What a bummer. I had a fail too. It was something I’d made before and I tried to make it extra fancy and failed. But I guess that was a learning lesson. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I tried something I saw online that looked cute but just didn’t work out so well. Bias cut stuff, I should have known to stabilize it first, DUH! Maybe it’s salvagable, I hate to waste anything. Not for this swap though. That’s ok, I dreamt solutions to the other things I’m working on & am about to get into the studio now.

3 Likes

We need a thread for epic craft fails. :rofl:

3 Likes

There totally is one! Stitch & Botch.

1 Like

I have my box all packaged up and ready to send to @photojenn. I’m going to drop it off at the post office tomorrow on my way into work. Well, I’ll probably be running late like normal and it’ll be after work. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I have some things done, but I’m still tinkering. I realized I forgot the “sew” part for one of my items, lol. Whoops. It still came out cool!

5 Likes

Dang it, another failure. It was WAY too busy. I hate picking out stitches.

5 Likes

I am going to be doing some unpicking too…

5 Likes

I feel you there. My seam ripper was used a LOT for this package. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I fixed it by remaking it into 2 things, yay! But one of them would be so difficult to package, I’m not sure I’ll be able to send it. Partial success is better than total failure though so tonight’s a win.

5 Likes

One of my little items isn’t sewn either, though it includes fabric scraps. I had to change plans without my sewing machine. Let’s just call it extra creativity!

5 Likes

Yikes…I made a couple of things that aren’t sewn either…oh wait…the scrappy part is sewn but the put together is not…phew…ok…I need to chill so I can finish my actual sew project without mistakes!

2 Likes

I’m glad to hear I’m not the only one who has spent lots of quality time with her seam ripper :joy:

I think I’m done, just need to get everything packed and to the post office.

3 Likes

Just pointing out that nowhere in the swap requirements does it specifically say things need to be sewn. I know it’s in the title but I personally interpreted that as being for alliterative purposes. Like I’m not gonna cry if I see woven, glued, tied etc items in the gallery.

6 Likes

I am intrigued by the non-sewn projects! 8 can hardly wait!

1 Like

Finished another thing, want to make one more but the fabric I was going to use for structural backing isn’t as sturdy as I thought it was, so I need to pull out something else for that…

2 Likes

OMG I am stuck again! I just can not get this thing right, ugh. The idea seemed like such a good one but I just don’t like how this is turning out. Very frustrated right now.

5 Likes

Oh man. If this is for me I’m sure you’re being more of a perfectionist than I would be. I hope you don’t mind some wonkiness with your scrappiness because the things I’m sending are far from perfect!!

4 Likes