Sewing kit with hexies

Made for the lovely @jemimah in Positive Affirmations R-2.
When she mentioned all her sewing things were packed up & travelling on a cargo ship across the sea with an ETA of ??? I knew she needed a travel kit of necessary items.

Snaps, hooks, & a few buttons from my collection are knotted on individually so they can be snipped off one at a time. The big button is a magnetic needle minder.

It was an adventure searching for green, purple & blue everything.

I used lots of beautiful batik in those shades too.

This was my first time making hexies & it was pretty fun finding a colour combo I liked. I cut out so many batiks, why not send the rest along as a starter project?

Love this Rumi quote.

Hand bound in more batik with two snaps to hold it closed.

I tested this pattern in PINK! but decided against the tri-fold. I like the book style, I’d happily make something like this again.

20 Likes

Beautiful book and lovely quote! I love how you color-coordinated everything.

2 Likes

What a lovely gift! I had to chuckle about you hunting down the right colors… because OF COURSE you had them!!

3 Likes

Beautifully done and I love the hexies. Sweet touch to the cover

3 Likes

I like the use of snaps much better than tying…a bit too fussy for me!

I also love the button needle minder…and the way you keep the needle threader safe from getting lost or falling out!

Well thought out and a wonderful thoughtful gift for @jemimah !

3 Likes

Beautiful in thought and in execution!

2 Likes

What a lovely thought, wanting her to have access to these tools! Love the colors, the fabrics - great job!

2 Likes

This is gorgeous and you are a wonderful friend to think of these things. I cherish the things you made for me for my move x

2 Likes

It’s even better in real life - so pretty, and beautifully made too.

I feel very lucky to have this, my friend, thank you! :sparkling_heart: I’m going to be travelling a lot more often now (exploring Australia, and going home to visit family) and I know it will be well used!

2 Likes

I imagine I would be quite the unhappy camper if I didn’t have any access to a little sewing project whenever I felt the itch to stitch. Even if I’m too busy to actually do it, it makes me feel better just knowing it’s there waiting for me. :sewing_needle: :thread: :scissors: :safety_pin:

1 Like

this is sooooo pretty! great color palette and excellent work.

1 Like

This is sooo full of cool! Nooks and crannies everywhere!! So awesomely done. Of course you nailed hexies!

1 Like

They are HARD! You know I’m more scrappy than precise so whoo, what a challenge to do all that teeny, perfect, hidden stitching. It was worth trying. Not sure I have the patience for a repeat but we’ll see… definitely have to get more comfy with using a thimble.

2 Likes

This is awesome! Love the colours and all the thoughtfulness! :heart_eyes:

1 Like