Dangerously Pink Sewing Kit

Last summer I made a ridiculously hilarious travel bag for my dear friend @curiousfae. Every detail, & there were many, was PINK, with some inside jokes thrown in for fun :smile: :roller_skate:
I always wanted that bag to include a sewing kit. I collected pink bits here & there, found a pattern to try, and finally got it finished & into her hands. I forgot to take pics, can you believe it? She sent me hers to share…

Adjustable velcro tab closure.

Secret needle threader.

She tells me she had a good laugh, just my intention. I love that girl :heartpulse:

30 Likes

Cute and functional! And very pink.

2 Likes

The pink saga continues, much to my delight…your quest for all things pink is admirable as well as successful! Love the well-planned details…and the zipper pocket for threads, buttons, and any other goodies she will need!

4 Likes

Ah-ha! That’s why you needed a small pink seam ripper!! Love this and the maker/recipient duo!! :wink:

6 Likes

Wonderful addition to the bag!

2 Likes

Yes! I ordered a handful of different coloured Purple Thangs instead. She’d never seen one before, so glad I sent it! Most handy tool ever.

@Cindy it will actually fit in the travel kit too.

6 Likes

You guys! It’s just as cool and perfect as you can imagine. Not only is it adorably pink but the design is perfectly crafted. To be able to imagine and construct something like this is amazing to me. And then to share it with your friend?! Just plain cool.
This is going to make portable sewing (when I say ‘portable’ I mean being able to pack up your items and move to the next room… lol) so convenient!
Thanks again @Magpie. Your kindness inspires me.

7 Likes

So sweet!

2 Likes

What a kind and thoughtful gift! So handy and perfectly portable.

2 Likes

So sweet and fun(ny)!

2 Likes

Just this morning I was thinking about your quest for a pink seam ripper and wondering what kind of project it was for. This project is so much better than I had imagined! I rally like the zippered pocket on the side as well as the notion pockets on the other side. You did a great job with both the construction and the pinkness of this!

5 Likes

Thanks! The pattern I based it off suggests a zip pocket but to my mind, the minute you put something in there it would distort the shape of the whole thing. I added a bit of extra fabric to create pleats for a bit more space.
Also really like the scissors to be secure so a sharp thing doesn’t fall out onto a seat, yikes! Or poke thru the pocket, the little piece of ribbon has a snap on the end that holds them in place.
& a pincushion is so handy.

3 Likes

I love the extra thought you put into each piece! I agree completely on the pocket needing that extra space. And as someone who once badly cut her finger on an exacto knife I had carelessly set down next to me, I can very much appreciate the attention to detail in keeping the scissors safely in place!

6 Likes

My people thang from @AIMR has popped it’s head up twice in the last year. It’s gone back into hiding again. I have no idea where it hangs out.

I love this sewing kit. It’s super cute and so well made (as is usual for you!)

6 Likes

:jack_o_lantern: :spider_web: :vampire: Congratulations! This ghoul-tastic project is featured this week! :vampire: :spider_web: :jack_o_lantern:

1 Like

This is so neat, pink, and nicely done!

1 Like

What a fab sewing kit, storage for just about everything you could need! And I particularly love the secret attached needle threader, I have to buy them in bulk because I’m always losing them, and I really need them now cos I can barely thread a needle myself even with reading glasses on, lol! :laughing:

2 Likes

I punched a hole with a regular hole punch so it could be threaded on a tie. You could do that & attach it to some snips or a pincushion so it can’t wander off. I’m all about sneaky tricks to help keep organized, lol.

3 Likes

these are both fabulous! very impressive & just a joy to see the photos in both posts :heart:

1 Like