Show us your harvest!

With lots of folks gardening during these times to supplement the grocery store let’s share what we have grown. Whether it be a boatload of zucchini or a handful of blueberries, let’s celebrate our harvests big and small!

14 Likes

I just love the colors! Everything looks so good. I could really go for a tomato sandwich!

We had a few raspberries this year but that was it. I decided to not do veggies but do a pollinator flower bed instead. SO MANY BEES! It made me very happy.

1 Like

Nice haul. I only do a couple cherry tomato plants and a couple cucumbers because I don’t have a lot of room.

This year the cucumbers were rotting on the vine before they got big enough and the tomatoes had tons of spots on them.

But I did get these today

7 Likes

Gorgeous, @geekgirl! Are those cukes destined for a salad or do you have something else in mind?

I just eat them as is.

My grandparents always had sliced cucumbers and sliced tomatoes At lunch and dinner

I tend to eat them with breakfast. Just plain maybe with a sprinkle of salt. With my eggs.

3 Likes

We had planned on skipping a year of gardening since we moved into a new house and are surrounded by boxes. Plans changed.

Tomatoes have done well.

We have some unknown type of pepper that was supposed to be purple bell.

My favorite success is the Cherokee Purple tomato. It is a nice meaty heirloom variety that holds up nicely to slicing.

8 Likes

Gorgeous Cherokee Purple!

1 Like

Small container garden this year, first summer in our new (rental) house and in a new state. Cherry tomatoes doing well!

9 Likes

My yellow summer squash had the same problem as your cucumbers, but the few we did get were good. Those cucumbers look tasty!

1 Like

Beautiful tomatoes!

Garden to table in just a few hours!

5 Likes

I wish I had room for a zucchini plant!

1 Like

We had two this year and they took up an entire raised bed!

2 Likes

Gorgeous! How did you prepare it? I am always looking for new zucchini ideas.

2 Likes

I have two plants as well, but I have a climbing variety! It’s intended for square foot gardening. It’s still not exactly small, it’s supposed to fit in a 30x30 cm square and it takes up more space than that, but I have trained it up a bamboo stake.

This one was used for a veggie lasagna. Not a very original dish but I’m sure it will be good.

2 Likes

Yum, I adore veggie lasagna!

1 Like

Tomato pie, fried zucchini, fried green tomatoes, homemade pickles…aaahhhhh… I could go on and on
My auntie used to make pickled corn and can it. I loooooved it. Split a quart of the goodness with my cousin and proceeded to drive 2 hours thru the appalachia mountains to get home. I’ll spare the gory details but there was a definite reversal of fortune on the pickled corn and I (we) havent eaten it since!

1 Like

Now I gotta google pickled corn

2 Likes

Our garden is getting to big for us now. But i still try to use everything and share with some people.
jam of strawberries, raspberries, elderflower, plums and goosyberries is already made.
Luckely we have a touring juicerfactory: you bring your fruit, they make juice out of it , sterilise it and you can pick it up 2 hours later.

9 Likes

Hello fellow Dutch speaker :wink:

Your harvest looks really good too!

1 Like