Sidewalk Chalk Paint

Yesterday we played with some homemade sidewalk chalk paint in squeezy bottles

(we tried some the day before using a paintbrush but the “paint” dried too fast and was difficult to use with a brush)

I attempted a butterfly but the squeezy bottles were difficult to control and the colors ran together :sweat_smile: here it is both wet and dry:

My kiddo had the right idea to just go crazy with it! Here is his self proclaimed Materpiece:

s

I found a heart in there :yellow_heart:

I didn’t follow a recipe or even measure anything… but it’s about half water and half cornstarch with about eight drops of food coloring per bottle. Super fun, definitely messy, and washes away with water for easy cleanup! :kissing_heart:

19 Likes

What fun! And isn’t it great how the kiddos sometimes find the truth of the medium and make magic!

2 Likes

What fun!

1 Like

She found her inner Jackson Polluck!

You’re so creative when it comes to alternative things you and the kid try.

1 Like

I think his masterpiece is wonderful. When I saw the thumbnail photo I thought you’d made giant bottles, then realized you’d taken the photo down low.

1 Like

How fun!

1 Like

I love the “It’s a MASTERPIECE!” stage of small child art. :heart_eyes: Looks like you’re both having fun.

1 Like

SO FUN! Masterpiece indeed!!

1 Like

I have never heard of this but it looks like so much fun! Your kiddo is a future Pollock!

1 Like

Looks like so much fun!

1 Like

Oooh I love this!!! I’m going to have to try it with my kiddos. It looks like so much fun!

1 Like