Silk Dragon Egg Bag for Father's Day

I had a wonderful Saturday afternoon spent visiting with LC friends on our June Tea Party Zoom. While I was there, I started a dragon egg bag for my dad, for Father’s Day. They are generally used as dice bags for D&D players, which my dad isn’t into, but he does love bags and pouches of all sorts, and loved Game of Thrones, so I figure he’ll put it to good use.

The yarn is Darn Good Yarn’s worsted weight silk roving, which is upcycled from silk waste, created during the manufacture of silk cloth. The color is Midnight Pines, a deep cobalt blue, forrest green, and a soft light green. I paired it with blue, green, and light champagne aluminum scales from The Ring Lord. I used navy blue deerskin leather finished with green glass pony beads for the drawstrings. All of which were in my stash.

19 Likes

What a thoughtful gift for your dad! Or is he now going to be a Mother of Dragons? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

As always your work is stunning

1 Like

Very cool!

1 Like

This is beautiful and I love all the colors.

1 Like

This is so cool. I am sure he will love it.

2 Likes

These are always so gorgeous and I love the blues and greens on this one. I’m sure he’s going to love it!

1 Like

Well done! Your Dad loves it I bet!

1 Like