Silly Cards from Vintage Magazine Ads

I love all these cards so much! I laughed out loud at the fiber optics one as well as the plaid joke.

Do you use a typewriter for the messages inside that have typewriter font, or are they stamps? So neat!

2 Likes

Thanks again, everyone! @LindyBlues, those are stamps. I have a very old set of Martha Stewart (?) magnetic type stamps. I love the magnetic aspect. You can line up the text along the edge of a small tin and then use that as a stamp block.

2 Likes

That’s so neat! I had never heard of those before. Online searching now :slight_smile:

Not sure you’ll be able to find them. I got them ages ago, and probably at a garage sale, so I’m sure they are no longer in production…

I looked them up and they are not Martha Stewart, they are Making Memories brand.

5 Likes

These are flippin’ hilarious!

1 Like

These are awesome. I juse love them! :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Hilarious! And I have those same letter stamps. someone gave them to me ages ago.

1 Like

Thanks for showing me the stamps! Those are really neat!

I looked around and found somethign similar on Amazon. They stick to each other by “pegs,” rather than a magnet/tin. I tried to add the link here, but it gave me the message “something went wrong.” This is the name of the product: “Contact USA Small 36-Piece American Typewriter Pegz Connectable Lowerase Alphabet Stamp Set, Pool Blue”

They have the same set with lower case letters.

$30 for each set. I won’t be buying them anytime soon, but I added them to my wish list :slight_smile:

I also saw a beautiful set of wooden alphabet stamps, but they don’t connect to each other.

Thanks again for showing us the stamps!

2 Likes

I love the creativity of turning these vintage ads into fun cards! You did a great job of coming up with fun sayings for each of the cards and I really like how you included the rest of the ad inside some of the cards. What a great way to put these vintage ads to use and get them back into the world where they could be appreciated!

2 Likes