Singing in the dark - craftalong bird

We had another Zoom session with the Paper & Mixed Media Craftalong today - so much fun! I experimented with a few backgrounds based on some of the mixed media layering techniques in the tutorial. Then one of the pieces evolved into this little picture.

4โ€ x 6โ€, just on brown cardboard from an old box. The bird was drawn separately and glued on. Gesso, neocolour II water soluble crayons, acrylic paint, black markers (Pitt big brush & Sakura micron)

20 Likes

Yesss! The message, the textures, the colorsโ€ฆ Itโ€™s lovely!

2 Likes

So aptly named, @jemimah! I love the 2 separate pieces, and the deep indigo base. Gah!!! Love!

2 Likes

I absolutely love this. The exuberance of the circles, the way everything pops with the background, the expression on the bird :hugs:

1 Like

This is so beautiful! It touches my heartโ€ฆ

1 Like

I love it! :blue_heart:

1 Like

So joyful. I love the color scheme.

1 Like

I love the color patterns you use and the little bird is so adorable :heart_eyes:

1 Like

The bird is so sweet.

1 Like

I got so misty seeing this. Art doesnโ€™t usually grab me so hard but this REALLY did! Thank you for making it and thank you for posting this reminder that we donโ€™t have to let dark times pull us down! I love it so very much!

And now Iโ€™m extra sorry that I missed the zoom! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Thanks everybody! :heart:

@Bunny1kenobi Iโ€™m sure weโ€™re going to have another Zoom craftalong soon, I hope you can join in!

1 Like

I hope so, too!

1 Like

Beautiful!

1 Like

This turned out so absolutely beautiful!

1 Like