Singing in the dark - craftalong bird

We had another Zoom session with the Paper & Mixed Media Craftalong today - so much fun! I experimented with a few backgrounds based on some of the mixed media layering techniques in the tutorial. Then one of the pieces evolved into this little picture.

4” x 6”, just on brown cardboard from an old box. The bird was drawn separately and glued on. Gesso, neocolour II water soluble crayons, acrylic paint, black markers (Pitt big brush & Sakura micron)

19 Likes

Yesss! The message, the textures, the colors… It’s lovely!

2 Likes

So aptly named, @jemimah! I love the 2 separate pieces, and the deep indigo base. Gah!!! Love!

2 Likes

I absolutely love this. The exuberance of the circles, the way everything pops with the background, the expression on the bird :hugs:

1 Like

This is so beautiful! It touches my heart…

1 Like

I love it! :blue_heart:

1 Like

So joyful. I love the color scheme.

1 Like

I love the color patterns you use and the little bird is so adorable :heart_eyes:

1 Like

The bird is so sweet.

1 Like

I got so misty seeing this. Art doesn’t usually grab me so hard but this REALLY did! Thank you for making it and thank you for posting this reminder that we don’t have to let dark times pull us down! I love it so very much!

And now I’m extra sorry that I missed the zoom! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Thanks everybody! :heart:

@Bunny1kenobi I’m sure we’re going to have another Zoom craftalong soon, I hope you can join in!

1 Like

I hope so, too!

1 Like

Beautiful!

1 Like

This turned out so absolutely beautiful!

1 Like