Site Maintenance Updates (Ongoing)

Not sure if itโ€™s browser specific, I did all of that on my iPhone.

Ah, so I have to do it on my phone AND the computer? Annoying, but worth it, lol.

Hmโ€ฆnow telling me title already taken because I set up the links on the compโ€ฆwill give it time maybeโ€ฆ

Maybe force quit and reopen the browser on your phone. Itโ€™s probably there server side but hasnโ€™t been downloaded to your phone yet.

1 Like

It worked!!!

Lifesaver.

2 Likes

Sorry about that, guys. Yes, it was part of our standard update (not one I personally installed/customized, but in the base version of our code).

4 Likes

That worked just great, thanks.

3 Likes

Will it go back to normal or stay this way now?

1 Like

Thatโ€™s the new normal for now.

It could change in the future, depending on what changes some of my updates include. I know I need to update a couple plugins soon, but I donโ€™t think they will affect the menu layout. I need to comb their documentation notes before I update them.

1 Like

@sweets4ever I think the update also broke the hamburger menu on the left side of mobile view. It doesnโ€™t work for me or for the few others I asked. Itโ€™s the one with site news and open swaps in it.

3 Likes

Yes, Iโ€™ve noticed that not working for me, too.

1 Like

Oooh, I wonder if the update conflicted with my custom installation of that hamburger. Iโ€™ll look into that.

So many hamburgers, so little time. :laughing:

7 Likes

Iโ€™m trying to repair the mobile hamburger menu today. I just did one update to try to repair it to play nicer with the main code, but so far, itโ€™s not looking good. Trying to resuscitate a hamburger over here. :laughing:

You might notice some site hiccups as I work on this today. Please give me grace and patience. :heart:

13 Likes

Okies, I wasnโ€™t able to repair the smaller hamburger menu for mobile (News, Donate, Swaps, etc.), so I just made it a static bar at the top. Bonus, itโ€™s less clicks to get to those sections now, which is nice.

3 Likes

Great news! I was able to finagle the menu to make it more similar to how it was previously. :heart: It should now show Latest, New, Unread, and Top as the first four options โ€“ just how it did previously. Can you check on your end?

6 Likes

Looks a-ok to me!

5 Likes

Yay, thank you!

2 Likes

Thank YOU! :raised_hands:

2 Likes

It looks great now, thank you!

2 Likes

Oh, wonderful! So glad I could adjust it.

3 Likes