Site Maintenance Updates (Ongoing)

Just wondering if anyone else is having my ‘issue’, I first noticed it yesterday. When I tap the 3 bars on the upper right, my menu has dramatically changed

Not sure if it’s just me or if changes were made I’m not aware of.

3 Likes

I haven’t heard of any scheduled updates.

I never use the hamburger menu, so I have no idea what it looked like before!

2 Likes

That’s how I navigate around LC, didn’t know there was another way.

Today (L) and Before (R)

3 Likes

Hmmm. I use this area when I’m not checking “New” or a thread I am following. I am using it on a laptop 99.7% of the time (and use the dark background).

1 Like

I noticed this on my phone. I thought I accidentally changed a setting. Now I see the burger menu on my laptop also looks the same. (I tend to use the “New” and “Unread” buttons on the home screen on my laptop, but use the burger menu from my phone to access these categories.)

1 Like

I only access from my iPad so use the burger all the time. Guess I’ll just have to get used to it.

1 Like

Yes! Mine has changed, too, (at least from phone) and I couldn’t find this thread to ask.

2 Likes

I use “unread” all the time, but it’s a bit of a pain now with this change I’m seeing to find it.

2 Likes

Definitely has changed on my browser!

1 Like

The “Latest” button shows all new posts, unread will be bolded, read in regular font.

2 Likes

You can actually set that as the default in your preferences under interface. I always use that page and just click on the big LettuceCraft at the top to get back to it.

1 Like

What?? I never knew about clicking on the Lettuce Craft.

If you click on LettuceCraft or the scissors icon at the top of the page, it will take you back to the main page and if you click on the title of the thread you are on (ie. the ‘Site Maintenance Updates (Ongoing)’ at the top of this page or Quiltalong 2024 at the top of the Quiltalong page), it will take you to the top of your current page (they’re pretty handy features, at least for me!).

1 Like

I liked that I could access unread/new with the burger menu from no matter what page I was on (no clicking to home first, etc).

4 Likes

Me too :smiley:

1 Like

I’m really frustrated about not being able to do that with this change. I’m off to try @photojenn 's suggestion with the interface change.

Edit, whoo, thanks for that interface change knowledge. Much better!

I was just playing with this and you can actually create exactly what you want.

Open the hamburger menu and click on the plus

Create a Links section (or whatever you want to call it)

Put this in the right field under Link - https://forum.lettucecraft.com/latest

Then hit save. Then when you click on the hamburger menu you see this

ETA - cc @Abbeeroad @Cindy

3 Likes

I’m going to bookmark this and come back and play when I get my new glasses in and I can see better.

Thanks!

It doesn’t look like these links transfer to the mobile interface, which is where I use it.

On computer…added custom section:

Burger menu on phone:

Where are my custom shortcuts? Clicking “more” doesn’t help and the custom section isn’t there when I scroll down.

Maybe it just takes time to transfer? :crossed_fingers: