Sixties Mod mosaic blanket

I finished this blanket today. It is my newest pattern I created. I love 60s mod designs, and so I made a 5 panel sampler. This blanket makes me so happy. @QueenHobo is obsessed with it and keeps threatening to steal it. I’ll probably gift it to her for her birthday. lol

My dad helped me take photos. He even climbed up on a step ladder to get higher up shots for me. These are the best two:

He was more than a bit obsessed with the back of the blanket. I ended up with about 20 pics of the back of the blanket, and only about 5 of the front :rofl:

35 Likes

To be fair, the back is pretty cool!

I like the bright, happy colours, and they pop nicely paired with white.

3 Likes

That is amazing, love it

2 Likes

This is so cool!

2 Likes

It’s pretty amazing!

2 Likes

It’s fabulous! I like the sampler, but any of the panels would also make a bold stand-alone design.

3 Likes

Yes, that’s what I was thinking, too! It’s very impressive, and any one of the panels would look great as an entire blanket, too.
Can you tell me more about the yarn you used? The bright rainbow colors are very striking.
Kudos to your dad for taking the photos. And he’s right; even the back is very cool!

5 Likes

Incredible, as always. I suspect Lion Brand Mandela yarn, yes?

1 Like

I still can’t wrap my head around how these are done, but they are spectacular! The back is nice as well, but the front designs are so modern and nice in those bright colors!

4 Likes

@endymion and @Magpie, I used Bernat Baby Sport in white for the background, and Lion Brand Mandala in gnome for the rainbow yarn

7 Likes

It’s amazing!

2 Likes

And you created this whole pattern yourself?! Do you sell the pattern or is it just for your own use? It’s very impressive.

2 Likes

I am selling the pattern on Ravelry. :heart:

3 Likes

It’s on my wishlist! I hope it’s ok to mention that here, but I’m just excited to be able to support Lettucefriends when I can. I still need to learn mosaic crochet… but I’m working on that, I actually bought another mosaic pattern not too long ago. I really like the look and drape of mosaic blankets, I think they’re probably very comfortable.

5 Likes

This makes me INSANELY happy!!

4 Likes

Gorgeous, I love everything aboit this blanket :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Both sides are really striking and lovely and also both giving a different vibe. EXCELLENT DESIGN!

2 Likes

Beautiful colours and design! I’m more convinced than ever that you’re a crochet machine :smiley:

1 Like

:rocket: Wow! This project is out of this world and one of this week’s featured projects! :rocket:

3 Likes

This is absolutely gorgeous, and I understand why it would be stolen. I would be tempted if I visited your house and had a big enough tote to not be terribly suspicious.

3 Likes