Skull and crossbones knitted hat

So I finally finished my skull and crossbones hat for my eldest son. Now to see if it fits him. It seems very loose, but we will see when he wakes up! This was my second attempt after getting the tension on the floats very wrong.

It fits! Thanks for the tip @Raury

23 Likes

First off, the pattern looks great!

If it is too large, you could tighten it by doing some slip stitches with crochet…I have had to do that on some of my too large knitted hats…if a kid grows, you can later cut it off…

6 Likes

Thanks @AIMR. :blush:

1 Like

Oh wow! This is very cool- I’m so impressed!

1 Like

It looks great, though!!

2 Likes

It’s fantastic! Let us know if it fits.

1 Like

Oh wow, this really came out great! The color changes are so tidy and the images are nice and crisp. Well done!

1 Like

It fits!
edited to move action shot to the first post

Thanks for all your lovely comments. I can’t say this has reignited a passion for knitting… I think crochet will still be my preferred yarn craft, but good to know that if I get a request for something patterned like these skulls, I can make it.

6 Likes

I bet he loves his new hat!
It’s awesome.

2 Likes

He’s pretty chuffed. Wanted to wear it to bed!

3 Likes

I am so proud of you! You persevered and it fits and it looks amazing!

1 Like

Thankyou!

you did it! And in my eyes it looks perfect!

1 Like

It came out great! And I know that pattern was not easy! You can tell he loves it!!!

1 Like

This is so awesome and looks totally loved! :black_heart:

1 Like

This is totally rad.

1 Like

Awesome! :metal:

2 Likes

This hat is so fantastic and it looks great on your kiddo. :skull_and_crossbones: :skull_and_crossbones: :skull_and_crossbones:

1 Like

I agree with all the others that this is a great hat! With a complete pattern and all, great job!!

2 Likes

Thanks everyone, so much support! :heart:
For the trickier things we attempt/achieve, it feels so much more than for the stuff we do all the time, even if the sentiment is the same from the supporters!

I hope that makes sense!

3 Likes