Skull Button Pillow

I made this pillow recently for a swap partner who loves all things Halloween. Can never go wrong with some skulls in your decor :wink: :skull:

21 Likes

This amazes me. I tried doing a button-covered shape once and it looked so bad. Yours is so neat and precise. Great job!

1 Like

Thanks! I think it’s really helpful to have a layer of fabric in the shape of your design to help hide the tiny gaps between buttons. Here, you can’t really tell, but the whole skull shape is on top of a layer of light grey fleece.

3 Likes

Oh! That makes sense. May have to try it again sometime. Nothing will come close to that skull, though. It’s super cool!

This is AMAZING! Utterly and completely.

1 Like

That is so rad!

Very cool. Awesome composition of those buttons!

Awesome! Buttons and skulls are two of my favorite things ever.

1 Like

Just like @endymion I tried to do this and it looked awful! Thanks for sharing your “secret”…it is really a fun project…and not just for Halloween!

1 Like

Love it! Very cool piece - I would love to get something like this. Awesome job.

1 Like

That’s awesome! Would love something like that for Halloween.

1 Like

Awesome! I love how it came out. And yes, your trick with the fleece underneath is great. Looks totally flawless. :skull_and_crossbones:

1 Like

That looks terrific. Great idea to use a shape underneath.

:astonished: oh my gosh, I’m so jealous! It is a nice simple design that really makes the buttons look good. Especially on the purple. Did you make this whole thing up? I seriously want to try something like this in the future when I can get some buttons. My couch would look great with it. Lol!!

1 Like

Yeah. The pillowcase is just a basic envelope pillow pattern I’ve used many times - easy and it always comes out great. And the skull I freehanded on some fleece, and then went to town with some movies, buttons, and thread. I did use some beads as well to fill in the larger gaps too. :slight_smile: The biggest thing this requires is patience.

1 Like

I’m gonna do iiiit!!!

1 Like