Sloth pyrography

I never know what to put my woodburnings under, so I’ll just put it here :blush:

My oldest niece is turning 11 in another week or so, and she loves sloths as much as I do. I burned this to hang on her wall.

I just upgraded to a low grade professional burner, and omg, it makes a HUGE difference. I love how this burned, I love the texture I got, and all around love this project. I have so many more ideas for future projects!

25 Likes

Super cute! I love how the texture looks like fur!

3 Likes

It looks great!

2 Likes

So cute! And, and upgrade in tools is in order since you have such a talent for this! Your niece is going to love it!!

3 Likes

Woah!

2 Likes

This turned out beautifully!

2 Likes

This is adorable and very professional looking! Congratulations on a new cool tool!

3 Likes

Very cute! You did a great job.

2 Likes

Yay! Sloths! :star_struck: This is super cute, and the results on the burning are lovely. What kind of burner did you get?

2 Likes

I got this one. It can burn as high as 60 watts, and it makes a HUGE difference. The burners you can buy at local craft stores here in the US only go to 12 watts. The tips get hot in about 20 seconds vs one minute, they STAY hot (which is an issue that drove me nuts with my last two burners) and consistent, they secure to the pen much better as well. They way the secure makes it harder to change the nib though… you’d have to wait until it’s completely cooled off. So there are two pens you can plug in at once! You don’t heat both at the same time though. There is a toggle that you flip back and forth to heat the one you want to use. I used a ball point tip on one and a shader on the other for this project.

One of my upcoming projects will be another window frame board for my niece, Audrey (the same as I burned for her older sister, Charlotte). I am excited to see how well this burns poplar, as that is the best wood I’ve found to burn so far. :hearts:

3 Likes

Brilliant! Thank you for the info and explanation. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

Hoo boy! This wondrous topic is one of this week’s Featured Projects! :tada:

2 Likes

The sloth is adorable and your burning is so consistent, even, and perfect! The eyes are just fantastic. So expressive. I still don’t have the nerve to wood burn, but I love seeing yours!

2 Likes

SO cute! You must have a very steady hand to get that texture so even :slight_smile:

1 Like