Sloth Wall Hanging

I made this sloth wall hanging for @storerboughtcreation in a personal swap. I was very excited to have free reign with the theme “Sloths” and got inspired to create this quilted wall hanging.

I tried to pick fabrics around the colour Seafoam Green, which was a favourite of storerboughtcreation’s :slight_smile:

I didn’t follow a pattern, I just winged it! It was a pretty big effort, but I had a lot of fun making it. I encountered a few problems along the way which needed solving, so there was learning involved which made this a great project to make!

And here’s a close up of the quilting :slight_smile:

31 Likes

Thank you! I love my sloth!

2 Likes

cute design, great group of fabrics!

2 Likes

Oh my gosh this is so great!! Love his expression!

2 Likes

He is just too sweet!

2 Likes

Love this!

2 Likes

Very cute!

2 Likes

@GeekyBookworm isn’t this the cutest?

3 Likes

I love the non-traditional colors! I feel like I need a rainbow of sloths now

1 Like

What a perfect and adorable sloth!

2 Likes

Okay. First of all, you didn’t use a pattern? You’re a wizard! This is fabulous. I love the colors and the texture and the fact that it’s an adorable sloth. I also envy you with your awesome fabric stash. The patterns you chose are amazing! LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE.

2 Likes

Lovely!! :green_heart:

2 Likes

I love everything about this! The color, the style, his expression! Storerboughtcreation is super lucky. This is beautiful and a wonderful project. Kudos!!

2 Likes

Well…this is the best! Super cute!

2 Likes

Adorable!

1 Like

I am super lucky! I love it so much! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

This is amazing & so cute!

2 Likes

Oh I love him! He is being added to my inspiration for scraps file

1 Like

This sloth is all around AMAZING! I’m so impressed with your ability to bring this idea to life without even using the aid of a pattern. The patchwork is fun and the quilting is really well done. How did you put the patchwork down? There don’t seem to be raw edges. His little sloth face is really cute and makes him instantly recognizable. I love this project!!

2 Likes

What a great way to uses toes as hanging loops. I’ve never seen that before. And I’ve seen a few sloth hangings.

1 Like